NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBayhole of the week

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 17>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 4:55pm
Normally I don't have time to nitpick, but yesterday was a really slow day at work, so I stumbled across this 81 "Anniversary" Nautique. I couldn't resisit shooting him an email expressing my doubts that it was actually an anniversary model, and pointed out differences such as the chrome windshield surround and the woodgrain dash, both of which this boat lacks. Below is the response:

Dear rleinen79,

Yes this is. we have more photos of the boat if you would like to see more showing it is the anniversary edition boat. Please reply with your direct email address and we will email you more photos of this direct. Thank You!

You guys now have 8 days to pressure him into changing his listing.

Rob
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 5:02pm
Send him pictures of Allens 81. Maybe he will notice the differences. Or a Link to the Diaries would help him.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 5:03pm
I'll play.

"While 1981 is the 20th Anniversary year for the Ski Nautique, your boat is not an Anniversary Edition. The Anniversary Edition has a high rise driver back seat, a white gelcoat dash that matches the deck and hull (not black), a polished aluminum windshield frame (not black) and finally a woodgrain full dash face decal. You have a nice boat but please do not advertise ti as something it is not. Also, an original Anniversary Model would have simply sayd "Correct Craft" on the transom w/o the "Competition Ski Boat" and certainly was not available in any shade of yellow paint. Good Luck with the sale and I can provide you with plenty of photos of a real Anniversary Edition boat if you like"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 6:55pm
I spotted it to. The yellow paint job (non original) caught my eye! Didn't the anniversary come with stainless rub rail? Looks like rubber to me. Confirm the stainless and I'll hit him with that one!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 7:30pm
I can confirm the stainless rub rail go get em
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 7:47pm
Yes I forgot about that, we can hit him from all the angles. There are also those funky wooden side panels in place of the "shelf" along the inside of the gunnels.

Originally posted by jolenemccall jolenemccall wrote:

photos have been added that shows it is the 20th anniversary ltd. model.

HW:
Where? All the ones I see are of a plain jane regular 1981 Ski Nautique. For the second time, the boat listed is NOT an Anniversary Edition.

Incase you were wondering what one actually looked like, see attached photos.

<B.J.'s blue one, the red one ultrahots posted, and Larry "surroundsound64" brown one>
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 8:01pm
Sent to "vintagecarsandsuch":

"From your screen name of "vintagecarsandsuch", I'm sure you are aware of the importance of correctly identifying a item for sale.
This boat is not the anniversary edition you are claiming it to be. Whether it is intentional or not, you shouldn't be trying to sell it as something it isn't. The anniversary came with stainless rub rail, high back drivers seat, a white gel dash with a woodgrain overlay and a natural (not black) windshield. The hull side graphics are wrong (as well as the color) and the transom graphics should state "correct craft" only. I hope this isn't intentional as I would hate to see someone not knowing what they are buying being disappointed at a later date.
Best of luck with your sale, Pete"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yes I forgot about that, we can hit him from all the angles. There are also those funky wooden side panels in place of the "shelf" along the inside of the gunnels.

Originally posted by jolenemccall jolenemccall wrote:

photos have been added that shows it is the 20th anniversary ltd. model.

HW:
Where? All the ones I see are of a plain jane regular 1981 Ski Nautique. For the second time, the boat listed is NOT an Anniversary Edition.

I believe this is what he's referring to:

Something is real "fishy" about this one!! A boat put together from parts?? It's been painted so maybe they started with a burnt out hull! Someone ask him for the HIN and we'll run it through Dave.

Edit: Well it just came to me the the HIN would be molded into the hull along with the "anniversary" lettering!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 3:14am
Give me the hull number and the truth will be told.

I will give you the build sheet info.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 3:19am
Someone open a window it's getting HOT in here.
Not much presure just a little ..
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 11:47am
What I've learned about the 81 boats is they all seem to have the anniversary stamp on the left side of the stern, opposite the serial numbers so in essence he is right it is an anniversary nautique. But is is not a Classic XX which has the extra details that make it what we here call an Anniversary model.

So I think he's right in one sense but the boat itself is just a standard as oppsed to a deluxe model. I've seen this same issue a couple of times. Check out the 81 brochure, theres a spread on the XX
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 11:49am
Diane sent a message to the seller yesterday asking for the HIN. I always get this funny feeling when a seller doesn't list the number. You can't tell me he doesn't know where to find it ether! If he can post a picture of the "anniversary" molded into the hull, you damn well know he's looked on the other side of the transom!!

Dave, would the 81 have been pulled off the same mold but then be trimmed out in ether a standard or a anniversary edition? The build sheet will tell. Does anyone else have a standard 81 but the "anniversary" is still molded into the hull?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Dave, would the 81 have been pulled off the same mold but then be trimmed out in ether a standard or a anniversary edition? The build sheet will tell. Does anyone else have a standard 81 but the "anniversary" is still molded into the hull?

That's my understanding of it Pete, they were all Anniversary boats but some were standards and some were Classic XX.

Does anyone know if all the 86 Nautiques were Silver models or did they make a standard that year as well?

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 3:26pm
Hey brothers, Having owned both 81 Models I can say the H.I.N. on the Classic XX ended in SND for: "Ski Nautique Deluxe" In my mind that is definative. See the Diarys section.
Be Skiin' ya!
hasbeenskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 8:33am
I did get a answer from "vintagecarsandsuch". Sounds like he is a broker selling it for the owner. I don't think he is intentionally trying to mislead but the owner may be. He did say he's trying to get the HIN from the owner. I didn't ask him for it so it sounds like he does want to check it out. Diane did specifically ask for the HIN but hasn't gotten a answer. Alan's explanation is good regarding the differences between the two 81's. Thanks!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 2:59pm
Dave,

Here's the HIN: CTC10968M81H-SN

Doesn't look like it's the XX Classic

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 8:54pm
This guy is confusing craigslist for eBay

CL600 Lake Region Classic pair of water skis - $75

Exceptional Performance Phazer pair of water skis - $115

both for $165

And way high on price! (among other things)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2008 at 10:53pm
Thats a sweet find HW, .99 for a starting bid, no reserve and $15 shipping. I'm gonna bid as you can never have enough doubles and the yellow ones should make a good step off.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 12:50am
Anybody notice that the [anniversary addition ] is stamped on the left side not the right with the HIN .

Never mind I went back and read the whole thing .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 2:08am
This is what I found out about this model boat after reading the boat build sheet and calling a few old timers that know the answer.

All SN boats in 1981 were stamped 20th Anniversary Edition on the left side of the transom.

Their were two types of packages built:
1. The Standard
2. Deluxe XX

This is what is on the build sheet for CTC10968M81H-SN

Built 3/10/81
W/351 PC
Gray Hull & Deck
W/Soft Silver Interior
Engine # 212007
Trans # 18895

The trailer #3 lb Gray trailer
1CK1BBX11BID33017

The Godfather, has approved this message.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

All SN boats in 1981 were stamped 20th Anniversary Edition on the left side of the transom.

Clearly the question has been answered, but I can verify that my '81 had the anniversary marking on the transom, but certainly was no anniversary model (like Alan's). Im sure thats where the seller's confusion came from- there probably arent many people beyond our small group that know the difference.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2008 at 9:56pm
An entertaining listing for a boat whose owner isn't sure what he wants it to be.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2008 at 2:46pm
Check out those trim tabs Reid, looks like your Classic.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 3:42pm
Because we have the best politicians in Illinois. I can proudly say I never voted for this Idiot!

How about a Senate seat for that interior upgrade?

Seat For Sale
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Because we have the best politicians in Illinois. I can proudly say I never voted for this Idiot!

Seat For Sale

And he has the balls to go back to work today, what an ***************
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Seat For Sale

And he has the balls to go back to work today, what an ***************

And it sounds like his wife is just as bad.
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 1:56am
F   that, F   in, F   ity, F   , F    .

She's classy.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 5:45am

PeteB, can you please help this poor guy out...

"MY FAMILY HAS OWNED IT FOR 40 YEARS"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 8:37am
Adam,
I sent the seller a message telling him I believe it's a 46, 47 or 48 Deluxe Utility model.
Here's a 49 from our diaries.   

I'm saying the ebay boat is pre 49 because it has the earlier style dash panel.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 11:29am
It's never been in the water!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 17>
  Share Topic