NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic and logo guys

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic and logo guys
    Posted: December-31-2008 at 4:10pm
Does any know where I can find the 1980 nautique graphics in .eps format or is there anyone here in the graphics business who would be willing to make them?

Thanks,
Steve
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 4:26pm
Check the reference section (80-81 are the same). You have Alan (81Nautique) to thank for those!

On a related note, does anyone here have the ability to scan in decals and create a .eps file from them? Ive got several NOS decals that would be worth duplicating and/or modifying in different colors.
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Check the reference section (80-81 are the same). You have Alan (81Nautique) to thank for those!

On a related note, does anyone here have the ability to scan in decals and create a .eps file from them? Ive got several NOS decals that would be worth duplicating and/or modifying in different colors.

Yes those are good, but does not have the full side graphic, just the nautique graphic. I am looking for the full side graphic.

Thanks,
Steve
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2009 at 12:37pm
Rusty, When I created those graphics I was originally going to create them for the entire side of the boat but found it was easier to just make stencils of the lettering and then hand mask the stripes which is how I did my boat.

Timb, Send whatever you need converted to my office or scan them and email. We'll take care of it.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 12:03am
Alan: If I am understanding then...your "Ski Nautique" is a graphic and the stripes are painted on? How did you do the stern? Still kicking around how to have mine done. No time or money so far..but I gotta get her done this year, hopefully.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Alan: If I am understanding then...your "Ski Nautique" is a graphic and the stripes are painted on? How did you do the stern? Still kicking around how to have mine done. No time or money so far..but I gotta get her done this year, hopefully.

john

John, Everything on mine is painted. I used the graphic file to create a mask of he Ski Nautique and correct craft lettering, then taped off the stripes. Sprayed the color, removed the stencils and sprayed clearcoat over the color.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 2:14am
Man that is a beautiful job. Looks better every time I look at it. The trailer really "makes" the whole package.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 11:34pm
How you doing John? No time and no money? Should not have retired then you'd just have no time. We are on forced ot again since Tues and for sure Sat maybe Sunday.I've already bought some gt40p's! You need to start up Jbear's Barefoot School for Northerner's-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2009 at 12:51am
Doing good...working to much at our Care Center store but loving it. All different working for a non-profit. But you sure can't do it for the money. But never look back as to retiring. From what the guys from my garage say, added to what you say, I know it was my time to go.

If I started a school I'd have to get Eddie to teach while I drive.

You will love the GT40's. I am sure you remember that I have them on the '80..thanks to Reid making me buy them and the guys putting them on for me. There is a thread showing how much fun we had but I don't know how to link to it.

Man...forced OT in the weather you are having...brrrr. Another reason to be gone.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2009 at 1:45am
I don't mean to hijack but did you notice the difference when you changed them? I remember the post when you guy's did it. I'll have to call you when we get off this shift.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2009 at 2:27am
Noticed a big difference. But remember..we did a new intake at the same time.

Call any evening...still got my number?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2009 at 9:43am
Yes John I do.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2009 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Rusty, When I created those graphics I was originally going to create them for the entire side of the boat but found it was easier to just make stencils of the lettering and then hand mask the stripes which is how I did my boat.

Timb, Send whatever you need converted to my office or scan them and email. We'll take care of it.

Alan,

Would you or anyone else have some large side pictures of your boat? My brother in law owns a sign company and has offered re-stripe the boat in vinyl for FREE. All I need is an eps of the graphics. I may be able to create one from a good enough large side picture(s).

Thanks,
Steve
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2009 at 7:42am
Steve,
Do you have any of the original graphics still on the boat? Creating a file from a picture for the stripes will be very hard and we have seen some bad results. Tracing off the original and then scanning them gives you the true proportions to match the curvature of the hull. Since you have a source for the vinyl, you may what to consider having him cut a Gerber mask like Alan has mentioned and then paint like the original. (use Alan's eps file for the lettering)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Rusty2sb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty2sb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2009 at 12:04pm
Thats part of the problem, I have nearly wet sanded all my paint off, it will be somewhat difficult to use my boat as a reference. Thats why I was hopping to get some pics or an eps of the graphics. I was just hoping someone had done this (well) in the past and saved their artwork.    

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic