Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Seat Measurements

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Seat Measurements
    Posted: January-17-2009 at 8:42pm
My project boat was missing some seat parts when I found it. So I'm going to have fabricate some things.

What I need (deluxe interior only):

Back seat measurents of the bottom three seat cushions and the middle seat back

Observer seat bottom two peices.

Were these peices originally wood?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 11:06pm
Mine ('89) has the rotocast bases. But the staple boards of the cushions are plywood, I believe.   Do you want the measurements off them? Height, width, length I presume? There is alot of contour there, so I don't think I could transer enough info for you to build exact duplicates. If you are going for 'will fit' I think I can help, let me know.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 11:40pm
yes if you could help that would be great.

any measurements you think would help to duplicate the originals

A sketch would work best. But if you dont have a scanner that would not be possible.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 11:44pm
Do you want just the plywood base footprint or the entire elevation contour of the foam? I think I misunderstood your project. Are you just replacing the plywood,& re-using the foam & skins?

Ben Franklin
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 12:11am
actually need it all.

no skins no plywood no foam.

I did get the two outside back rotocast and the observer rotocast but not the middle back portion
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 1:01am
I will take some photos tomorrow & put some dimensions to them. I think you have a long way to go to make these entirely from scratch.

Ben Franklin
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 2:45am
yes, maybe, but whats the alternative?

I have a ballast box that I used last year in the back but this year we have a little one to tote along. Need more space.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 5:33pm
bokaeser - Here you go. My son was very patient in teaching me how to photoshop the dimensions in.

#1 & 2 Rear cushion

#3 Rear Backrest

#4 & 5 Observer cushion

#6 & 7 Observer Bolster

#9 Rear bolster, L vs. R are symetrically opposite, same lip profile as the others.

Ben Franklin
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:45am
Great work!!

I think you got me covered.

I'll buy you a beer if your ever in Nashville

MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 12:19pm
i have an '88 with a "custom" back seat. i have the original rear seats (frame and cushions) sitting in my garage collecting dust...would you be interested??
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:20pm
Yes very interested
Call me at 6154916795 or email at boandamberlee@gmail.com
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 11:26am
i sent you an email this morning. i can't access that email at work...sooo...if you reply, and I don't reply back, that's why...
bokaeser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokaeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 11:39am
I replied to the email
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2009 at 12:52pm
ok, i'll check it tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic