NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Part Needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
iguana92 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iguana92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Part Needed
    Posted: January-24-2009 at 2:58pm
The cap in this picture has a crack in it and I need to replace it. I think the previous owner added this as a modification. Does any one know where I can find a replacement? I've been to two CC dealers and they have never seen this modification before.

iguana92
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 3:03pm
it appears to be an engine flush that you hook a garden hose to, i would think your local hardware store would carry a nice cap
"the things you own will start to own you"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 4:21pm
That's what it looks like to me too - the same "T" that's installed in the heater hose of your car or truck for flushing the block. The cap should be easy to find in plastic or metal. It's a 3/4 GHST.

The two CC dealers you went to must have "technicians" working there. No computer screen to look at to tell them what to do!! Hopefully you don't take your boat to ether of them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 10:42pm
What good is that as a flush right there, just remove and reattach the hose. Might need a longer length but I'd get rid of it.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 11:00pm
I agree with 81, get rid of that and put a real flush at the back of the motor, I dont think a straight T is a good idea, because if the motor stalls with the hose running you may have problems!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

What good is that as a flush right there, just remove and reattach the hose. Might need a longer length but I'd get rid of it.

Stephen,
What Alan is referring to is the T is in the discharge hose to the port side exhaust manifold. The only thing it will flush is that manifold!!! It's not in the correct spot. I wonder if the PO was trying to set up some kind of engine recirculating to do a flush like you do to a car??? I remember someone over on PN had the idea to get rid of the rust inside his engine! It won't do any good.

If you do run the boat in salt or brackish water, go with the Perko Flush Pro like Mark has pictured.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2009 at 4:24am
Flush kit???

I think it was more likely a water feed for dripless shaft seal.

In any case if it is not being used get rid of it as 81 suggested.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
iguana92 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iguana92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2009 at 11:00am
I do like the idea of getting rid of it, as I do have a flush kit in rear of the engine similar to MaddMarxx that I use to flush. During winterization I have used the T to administer anti-freeze. If do remove it, where do I administer my anti-freeze?

Thanks for all of the advice!
iguana92
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2009 at 11:52am
Iguana - You can unhook the hose between the RWP & Tstat Housing, raise the end above the engine & add your antifreeze. The Tstat housing has a bypass hole in it so you do not have to remove the Tstat or get it 'hot' for the AF to pass through.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic