NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chicago beers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 45>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 4:53pm
im buying
"the things you own will start to own you"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

a alternative lifestyle man walked into a gay bar and.....,

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

im buying

What The....?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 5:26pm
I got some new moves I need to practice anyway. For the rest of you guys, don't forget to keep working on the routine at home. Eric, will hopefully be visiting in March.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 9:24pm
Davidg, Dave and I need to get fitted for our outfits anyway,so that will give us more time to catch up on the old routine and work on the new one also   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2009 at 1:46pm
Last night would not have worked for me. I've got a crew coming in tomorrow to insulate my dining room vaulted ceiling with foam. I spent the night last night ripping out the old drywall and being showered with cellulose fibers all night. First time I've had to use a show shovel indoors. I'm very tired and very itchy today.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 12:57am
Jeez, Joel, haven't you learned anything?
Foam in the walls will only trap water.
Your studs and joists will rot away only leaving the shoddy fiberglass job for structural support.

To check if your studs and joists are bad, look for soft spots in your floor. Also, if you try to screw in a picture hanger and it just spins...your wood has rotted.

This only applies to homes constructed in 1992 and earlier.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 12:31pm
Steve!!
Now Joel's not going to be able to sleep at nights!! He may not pick up that you're being on the facetious side here!!

There is some truth with the rot problem with the use of foam insulation in homes however not if it is done correctly. I've done quite alot of research both on line and talking to builders/contractors and foam installers because I plan on using it for my up north shop/home addition. It can not be sealed up on both sides of the wall which will trap moisture. If it is, then this is when problems come up. A vapor barrier is a must used on the inside (warm side) and the outside of the wall must be permeable. A example of a outside finish would be ventilated lap siding (there are small vents on the bottom side of the lip). The same is true on roofs with vaulted/cathedral where insulation is placed directly in the roof joist cavity. Besides the importance of a vapor barrier on the inside, a air space of about 1" must be maintained between the insulation and the underside of the roof deck/sheathing. This along with eave and ridge venting will prevent trapping moisture/condensation by circulating outside air. Skylight curbs in these roofs must also be insulated at their perimeter. If not, moisture will condense on both the inside and outside in the 1" air space.

With a R value of up to 7 per inch, it is a fantastic system. On new construction, there's a added benifit as well. Depending on the outside wall finish and if code permits, the outside wall sheathing/wind bracing can be eliminated due to the added rigidity of the foam.

Foam is a house - YES!! Foam in a boat - NO!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 1:21pm
Hey Pete I was recently in a house with foamed ext. walls. It was set up with 2x6 plates and 2x4 studs staggered so that the foam was uninterrupted. I was told that the 2x4 was the weakest link in the insulating system. It was just interesting to me. BTW it was indeed quiet in there.
My Blue 82SOLD!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 2:06pm
Andy,
Interesting concept on the staggered studs! The wood stud is the weak link in the insulation system as it's only got a R value of about 1 per inch. However, although I am planning on 2x6 walls, I'm not too sure I'd like to go through with the method. The 2x4 stud towards the inside would be trapped on all 4 sides not allowing moisture to migrate to the outside. You'd really need to be careful on the moisture content when built before the foam is sprayed in. Todays construction lumber isn't the greatest with moisture content control!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Hey Pete I was recently in a house with foamed ext. walls. It was set up with 2x6 plates and 2x4 studs staggered so that the foam was uninterrupted. I was told that the 2x4 was the weakest link in the insulating system. It was just interesting to me. BTW it was indeed quiet in there.

This is how my Dad's shop is set up. 1.5" of foam on each side of the studs. It does not need air conditioned in the summer and minimal cooling in the winter.

If I ever build a house it will be set up just like it.

Tim

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 5:16pm
I run across a thread titled "Chicago Beers" on ccf.com, I'm thinking, cool the guys in IL must be getting together once in a while, be a good chance to join them. I jump to the end hoping to find a 2009 date and you guys are talking about insulation!

Please tell me, this is a momentary departure from deciding on the where and when for 09...    
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 5:21pm
We usually have monthly meetings over the winter. All was well at Hooters today for lunch.
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 7:39pm
I dont know what to say. It happens. My intro thread got turned into a Quinner likes boys/anti crocs rant. I personally have posted pictures of a flamed mailbox on some elses stringer/boat resto thread. You gotta just roll with it.
My Blue 82SOLD!
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 7:41pm
But yeah, I like beer. I worked till 7 that night though. We should schedule another day soon. Maybe out in the west burbs area.
My Blue 82SOLD!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 8:04pm
Consentrate people...Consentrate...

lets get back on track here....

For us people stuck in the sticks, How about a "Hooters Beer in Rockford IL" night?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 8:27pm
I understand on the thread jack thing. I am guilty as the next guy, just poke a little fun at you guys...

Since I find myself driving from WI to Schaumburg almost on a daily basis for the foreseeable future, whats a little detour through Rockford...

Name the place and time and I'll try to make it!

502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 8:40pm
Skutsch, what do you do in Schaumburg/ I'm there a few time a week. Try the Westwood on Meacham Rd. Very nice service..
1999 Sport Nautique-Python Powered

1999 Ski Nautique-Python Powered
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I jump to the end hoping to find a 2009 date and you guys are talking about insulation!

It's Joel's fault!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 1:06am
Joel,
I don't envy the job you're embarking on. Insulation is nasty stuff, no matter what protection is sought....

Yes, Schaumburg Hooters sound like the next destination. Pete come up with a Thursday that works for ya and lets get some new recruits out that pass through....

Yes, now concentrate people... The thread ends in "Beers"

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 3:25pm
502, I work at Motorola, was working out of the home office, but just started a new gig, so learning the ropes is easier to do in SCH. I go in early and generally leave early so the one way is about an hour to hour and a half, still quicker then some of my com padres drives in to the city...

Back to the beer, I am good with SCH Hooters, but I am guessing it will probably have to be Dec now (with turkey day coming and all...) Like I said, pick a day if I am not traveling (i.e. this Thursday I have to be in Cincy) I'll definitely stop for a beer!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 2:06pm
Hey, I had to go into page 2 to find the thread...

OK, Holiday Cheer, next week Dec 10th, Schaumburg Hooters after work... Wings on Hollywood, Breasts on me !!!!

Who's in???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 2:51pm
I should be good to go for that.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:24pm
Dang, of course I'm out of town when you guys want to do one a mile from my office! The calendar girls were there on Tuesday, ask for Shannon she made it for 2010.
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:28pm
Small world, my office is about a mile away too.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Dang, of course I'm out of town when you guys want to do one a mile from my office! The calendar girls were there on Tuesday, ask for Shannon she made it for 2010.

Uhhh where was the call to all your buds then huh??

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:10pm
I found out on Wednesday.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:33pm
I'll see if I can break away for a li'l ol' drive.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:33pm
Hmmm, their appears to be a very dense concentration of Correct Craft Fans/Owners working a mile from SCH Hooters, I am also about that standard mile away from Meecham and Golf. I'm in. What time we planning?

502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:39pm
Too bad there's not a good fashion show near Meacham and Golf.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:46pm
I think HBs is probably the closest, followed by All-Stars.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 45>
  Share Topic