NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 39>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 12:17pm
$456! sold for wind vents on ebay.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 12:21pm
Somebody wanted it real bad!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 12:25pm
I guess I stole mine then!
Could this be another edition to Santa's Workshops!( ReidP )

69 Mustang
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 12:33pm
Not sure if this should go in the "ebayhole post... trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt... Im pretty sure this is NOT a 1963 Barracuda tho!

I emailed him to let him know I think it is of the 67-68 vintage... in fact its hull # is 16 before my 68's. We'll see what/if he responds!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Not sure if this should go in the "ebayhole post... 1963 Barracuda tho!

Quite possible but obviously no idea about boat shows or at least judged ones.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 5:12pm
Yes Pete,but he only said "Restoration has been done with classic boat shows in MIND." In his mind he was going finish it too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 5:51pm
The 'Cuda is a lefty with a starboard helm.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 6:12pm
Heres my question I emailed last night to him...

Hi,
First off, my intent is not to debate the year of your 'cuda, but I'm pretty sure its aproximately a 66 thru 68 vintage. I own both 66 and 68 Correct Craft Barracudas. Ive seen LOTS of these boats titled with the wrong year.

A couple of things... It looks like the 318 in your boat is a "LA" model. These motors were'nt made til around the 66 time frame. Any 318 before would have been an "A", Poly head style 318.

The other big thing is, I dont think the Barracuda model was introduced til around 1965. (65's didnt have the vent holes cut in the bow "snout", under the light).

FWIW, my 68 cuda has a hull number of 1973, just a few boats after your hull number. AND it was titled as a 1973 when I looked at it! I found out it was made in March of 68.

You have a very nice boat, but just wanted to let you know
this info. Good Luck in your sale.

AND HIS RESPONSE I JUST GOT BACK.....

I never said the engine was original. I know for a fact from Correct Craft that they were produced in 63'. This was the first year for glass. BARR 1957 was nailed to the stringer. Do not know if this was original either. They did not have hull #'s in the glass until later years.

I guess he didnt say it was the original motor...I give him that ,BUT the rest is a pile of el-krappo...yes?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 6:27pm
I would not sweat it. It is a fairly nice boat but trying to edji-amakate him is probably not going to do much good. He will sell it to some unsuspecting person that will have to be informed at a later date.
Suspense!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 8:09pm
Jody,
I'm definately not going to sweat anything... as I told him, I just sent the email to inform him of what I consider a questionable year, he can do with it as he wants.(obviously he is deep-sixing it). It would be the first pre-65 'cuda I've ever seen, but heck, who knows with CC? And it does look like he has lots invested in it.

As for the first year for fiberglass!? I guess the 62 FIBERGLASS Classics that Reid, Steve E, Riley, etc own, are just our imaginations? I think I even recall a 1961 SN at the old SWCC in Fl?

anyway I did, and still do, wish him luck in selling the boat.... will be interesting to see if it gets to reserve,whatever that may be?

like you say ... suspense..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 9:39am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Not sure if this should go in the "ebayhole post... 1963 Barracuda tho!

Quite possible but obviously no idea about boat shows or at least judged ones.

I emailed the seller too complimenting him on his efforts but warning him not to be surprised if he enters the boat in a judged show. I explained to him that originality comes first and then of course quality of the work. I went on to tell him that if he wants to show the boat he should but just opt out of judging. There are people that would enjoy seeing the boat.

He still feels it's a 63 and stated he did contact CC with the serial number. We all know that responces from them aren't the best at times!!!
Very misinformed as he thinks 63 was the first year for CC glass. Too bad he never found CCfan!

Responce:
"Whatever - it is a 63'. 1963 was the first year Correct Craft made this boat and the first year for glass. Correct Craft knows this boat."

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 11:29am
Art had a '61 SN at the Masters last year...made of glass!
1988 BFN-sold

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 11:56am
1961 brochure cut.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 12:11pm
'61 at the Masters

This is the card on the bow.

TJ-Larry, did you get my e-mail? And many thanks!!!
1988 BFN-sold

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 12:44pm
I see he did edit his ebay post, here's a copy of his changes......

The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information
Dec-21-09 15:08:00 PST Details
Title
Description

Item Specifics: - Power & Fishing Boats
Changed Hull ID Number from BARR1957 to --
Changed Deposit amount from 1000.0 to 1000
Changed Year from 1963 to 2008

He took the hull number out of the listing, BUT he changed the year from 1963 to 2008????

BTW, I WANT that "old junk" 61 SN !!! Should be pretty cheap, since they never even made a 'glass boat before 63!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 12:50pm
i think he is messing with you guys !!!!
davee40
lakeland,fl
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by davee40 davee40 wrote:

maybe... but why would you pay to have the ad on ebay and not make it as accurate as possible?

I never felt like I insulted him in any way. In fact one of the only reasons I even emailed him was to let him know my 'cuda with the hull number "1973" was manufactured in March of 1968! His was only 16 units before mine, and was supposedly a 1963!??? Doesnt add up....

If he is so adamant of it being a 63, why did he change the year and take the hull number off the listing? Must have him doing a little wondering?

I would love to see someone get the boat and finish it out....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:24pm
Something tells me he's not going to make 1/2 his reserve...
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:33pm
i think all you insulted steve was his intellegence,you got him to thinking that he doesnt have what he thought he did.
davee40
lakeland,fl
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:46pm
Unforunately HW, I think you are right about the bid... bad time of year (like theres ever a good time?)to sell an unfinished boat...

Dave, probably also right...

btw, how are things in FL? ...we got 4-5" of 'flurries' last night... bad thing sounds like a mixed bag of precip. coming over Christmas... snow,sleet,rain,more snow... will be interesting..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:58pm
just a bit chilly about 50 now tommorow will be a high of 70,i feel for you guys .
davee40
lakeland,fl
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:06pm

Dave,
I don't think he is and concure with Steve's thoughts above. The seller is just a little misinformed.

My thoughts on him changing the manufacture date is he is realizing that this boat may not be marketable as a 68 (or 63!!). There are so many changes plus everything new that putting a 2008 tag on it may not be a bad idea.

BTW, he also then may be able to enter it in a judged show. If the show has a "contemporary glass" catagory it would fit in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:11pm
I'm actually a "little' torked that we are supposed to get rain and sleet. We just got a good base of about a foot of snow..now rain..

Wanted to take the sled out to get a few miles on her this weekend. That will ruin that. Ohhh well , will be forced to work on the Higgins instead?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:14pm
Real tough boat to find a windshield for.

It warmed up to 29 yesterday and we pulled some more foam. Frozen foam is like epoxied foam!
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:20pm
i agree pete if its not an actual restoration it could be classed as newer

when you guys get tired of the snow and winterizing your boats we will welcome you to fla while your riding your sleds and snowmobiles were on the lake getting a tan
davee40
lakeland,fl
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:28pm
hey Bruce is that the lucifer boat ??
davee40
lakeland,fl
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:41pm
Dave, unfortunately not, but it's pretty close. It's a rescue boat that we picked up for a friend and we're going to restore. It's got a big block Ford. I am still on the lookout for the Lucifer.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:45pm
oh ok i thought for a min there you found it
davee40
lakeland,fl
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 10:10pm

when you guys get tired of the snow and winterizing your boats we will welcome you to fla while your riding your sleds and snowmobiles were on the lake getting a tan

Hard to get tired of snow when I havent even started the sled yet! Gotta clean the carbs, a splash of fresh fuel, cross my fingers and hopefully it runs with no problem!

Nice thing with sledding is you can get by with a very low SPF suntan lotion!

I can say that last winter, after plowing snow almost 20 times, I was ready for spring.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 10:21pm

Nice thing with sledding is you can get by with a very low SPF suntan lotion!

Don't forget Steve, no bugs either!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 39>
  Share Topic