NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tahoe pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tahoe pictures
    Posted: February-11-2010 at 8:02pm
I got an email this week from Marc in Sturbridge, MA telling me he had seen this thread. Apparently he was able to track down and purchase his father's friend's '63 Tahoe and is currently in the process of restoring it. He sent me a bunch of pictures he wanted to share with us... pretty cool, as I dont think Ive actually seen a Tahoe outside of the brochure photos. Thanks for sharing, Marc!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 8:19pm
Great pictures of a rare boat! I hope he continues to send them to you as it progresses, or better yet, sign him up.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 8:59pm
Nice!!

Get Marc on here.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 8:59pm
COOL. NICE PROP COLLECTION.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 9:10pm
Very nice!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 9:48pm
Cool!

Tim,
What does Marc say about the engine? I don't see the heat exchanger that would normally be on the Gray fresh water cooled 215. Looks like some hose conversions have been made. Did he take it off or is that even the 215? Looks more like the 327.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 10:30pm
Looks like he has a good collection of vintage snowmobiles. Good start of a restoration on that Tahoe.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 12:08am
What's the upside down rig up in front?
My Blue 82SOLD!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 1:58am
Awesome pics!!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:00am
Are those stringers pine. Looks a bit pale for Oregen (Douglas Fir)
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 8:53am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Are those stringers pine. Looks a bit pale for Oregen (Douglas Fir)

Hard to say but they do look more whitish than the typical amber. Looks like nice clear stock though. Can't tell from the grain ether. I did notice he did a very original stringer job on it - just glassing the wood to the hull.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 10:42am
for a minute i got excited Tim, I thought you may have traded up to a Chevy Tahoe lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:02am
I wonder how bad that old stringer system was. It looks pretty good to me.

Is that a Ford engine?

Is the metal plate on the intake for hoisting the engine?
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:16am
Yes on the plate
and they keep crud from dropping down the intake
Brian
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:22am
Bruce,
To my knowledge Gray never used a Ford block. Continentals on the flat heads and AMC (327) on the V8's. The odd ball block is the Buick 215 160HP that originally came in the Tahoe.

Yes, the stringers did look pretty good!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:23am
You can safely hoist an engine with that? I have to get one of those!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

for a minute i got excited Tim, I thought you may have traded up to a Chevy Tahoe lol

Hells Yeah!

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

You can safely hoist an engine with that? I have to get one of those!

Some will say yes, some will say no. I prefer the studs or rings on opposite heads. Threads shouldn't really be holding the weight, shear strength of the shank is better.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hells Yeah!

Hollywood...you forgot these!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:10pm

It's interesting to see how the longitudinal stringers are supported to the hull. The ones on my Skier are about 1" short of the hull and are not braced underneath at all.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:18pm
Same with mine in both boats. I am going to do what Marc did in the completed pictures. Seems to work fine in the Mustang. That is also similar to what I want to do for the spray rail backers.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Hollywood...you forgot these!

Nope, the 2000 Tahoe Limited did not come with a roof rack. Badass truck, check it out. You'll see one at GL eventually.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:36pm
Did you sell the Caddy?!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 2:48pm
Hell no, it'll actually be towing the '88 around this summer. I just want to add a truck to the wheeled fleet.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

To my knowledge Gray never used a Ford block. Continentals on the flat heads and AMC (327) on the V8's. The odd ball block is the Buick 215 160HP that originally came in the Tahoe.

That may be true, but do we know that the engine is the original Gray? It sure looks to have some very similar pieces as my early 70's Conquerer 302's.

The Chevy Tahoes made in the 90's are good looking trucks... not sure Id consider it a step "up" though!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:37pm
bruce the other problem with those intake plates is that its hard to change the angle of the engine when installing. easier with the opposite head bolt way
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2010 at 1:04am
Very nice !! keep up the good work.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 2:15pm
More pictures from Marc... painted and back on the trailer:

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 5:49pm
Wow! Looks great!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2010 at 6:17pm
nice progress!! now the question is it gelcoat or paint?
I like the middle console of the boat...rare
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
WhiteLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2010 at 6:29am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

nice progress!! now the question is it gelcoat or paint?
I like the middle console of the boat...rare

Was wondering that as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic