Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 39>
Author
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 1:17am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Originally posted by davee40 davee40 wrote:

when you guys get tired of the snow and winterizing your boats we will welcome you to fla while your riding your sleds and snowmobiles were on the lake getting a tan

Hard to get tired of snow when I havent even started the sled yet! Gotta clean the carbs, a splash of fresh fuel, cross my fingers and hopefully it runs with no problem!

Nice thing with sledding is you can get by with a very low SPF suntan lotion!

I can say that last winter, after plowing snow almost 20 times, I was ready for spring.

Don't forget, heading out to the pond for some hockey and hot chocolate is every bit as much fun as hitting the water. And it makes me appreciate spring and warm water that much more! If I only had a steam bath I'd be a 3 state water sports enthusiast.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 11:58am
thats so true we dont the get christmas atmosphere that you guys get ,it snowed here in 77 and im hoping that someday old man winter will visit us again .
davee40
lakeland,fl
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by farmer farmer wrote:

Don't feel too bad.I owned a plymouth hemi when I was 18 and sold it for 1300 dollars because I thought I was getting drafted.I didn't have to go but the hemi was gone forever.

More of those stories than I care to think about. Just before I got my license, my dad sold his (middle-age-crazies) 1969 GTO, British racing green, white convertable, 400 CID, tach on the hood...

My first car was a poppy 64 1/2 Mustang 3-speed that my dad and I transplanted a 68 302 into as a father-son project when we picked it up with a dead motor....I pretty much trashed that.

When I was a poverty stricken grad student, my car died and I replaced it with a 1950 F1 Ford Picky for $300 which I later sold for about $225.

And of course the 66 CC Mustang we had in the family for years that my brother took ownership of and eventually sold.

Hey Gary, nice to see you on here. You disappeared for a while. Hope all is well and that the Mustang is treating you right.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by davee40 davee40 wrote:

it snowed here in 77 and im hoping that someday old man winter will visit us again .

Wow!... see... even some of those southerners deep down in side wish for some of this good stuff!

unforunately...its sleeting/raining this morning. Precicting possible flooding with 1-2" of RAIN ...then turn back to snow on Friday... Man that could have been 10 to 20" of snow...
At least it might make travel easier for a day or so.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 2:01am
What does this 1970 Correct Craft look to be? Its not a Ski Nautique as the seller indicates. Probably a Wildcat or Riviera. Its got a 426 Wedge in it too.

1970 "Ski Nautique"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 9:05am
Dave,
To me it looks like a Wildcat because it doesn't have the walk through windshield.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 4:24pm
I emailed him- he said its a Marauder.
Marauder71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marauder71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 8:32pm
Dave,

This boat was sold on CCF before. I have found it for sale a few times in my searches for Marauders, never seems to stay in one spot for long. I will say that it does not appear to have the same hull shape as my 71 Marauder...don't know if they changed hull shapes between 70 and 71.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 11:17pm
The thing that caught my eye was the fact it had a molded-in "lightning bolt" feature on the upper part of the rear hull. Do the Marauders have those? I know the Wildcats and/or Rivieras do.

Either way, I sure love those big classic flat bottom Correct Crafts. As I have mentioned before in posts, I looked at a '70-'71 Marauder in OH a few years ago. It is currently in the Diaries section. It was a basket case but the interior was lime green and in perfect shape.

The biggest issue was that the guy who was selling it had painted the hull gray. It would have been way TOO much work to get that paint off to take it back original. Thats why I think these old Marauders should be left in original pristine condition
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 2:40am
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 3:05am
Motorized Windshield

I know it's not OE Pete.
But this would be kinda cool to incorporate in a one-off project!
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 3:11am
2 foot Tow Pylon Tow Pylon
66 Skylark
93 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 8:57pm
Vintage 2 piece windshield

Ebay link
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2010 at 9:06pm
^^that is the same guy that tried to re-manufacture the Correct Craft trailers.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 8:31pm
60's trick skis
66 Skylark
93 SN
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 11:05pm
I'll be interested to see what this one goes for...

'48 CC
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Terp Terp wrote:

I'll be interested to see what this one goes for...

'48 CC

It's hard to tell from the pictures if this Junior has the double plank option but one thing for sure there are bottom problems and most likely frames as well. Notice on the transom to bottom a "repair" attempt has been made. I suspect this "restoration" was a cosmetic and the typical problems with a CC of this era weren't addressed - dried up bedding compound between all the seams and now loose fastenings/seams. I'd worry about the transom frame having rot and the stem laminations coming apart. I emailed the seller asking about the bottom and I'll see what he has to say.

Unless he finds a buyer without any knowledge of wood boats, he may be lucky to get 9K. (I'll bet he's got a real high reserve! 20K?) It's always sad to see a boat like this were so much work went into the outside without any concern with whats going on inside.

There not being too many Juniors around anymore is one of his advantages.

BTW, The "phantom" artwork on the dog house would be a point deduction. Nice touch but not original!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 11:09am
That is the steering wheel guy I spoke to about a year ago. That boat is about 90 minutes from me if it really is in Stillwater. This guy is from Burnsville, I believe.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

That is the steering wheel guy I spoke to about a year ago.

He should also know better calling it a "runabout" in the description as well!! However, in the spec sheet he does mention "utility".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 11:55am
Or a ski boat, for that matter.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 12:59pm
I like the way he skirted your question about the bottom. Smoke & mirrors, smoke & mirrors. There are few things more suspicous to me than something being sold by someone other than the owner. Touchy fellow too.

Pete, what is the circular object on the starboard side just aft of the cockpit?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2010 at 3:26pm
John,
Yes he did skirt the bottom question and went on to give me the explanation on Lyman boat use of the term "runabout" rather than utility! He must own a Lyman boat!!! Lyman did use the term on all their small boats but that doesn't make it's use correct!

I emailed him back asking him for more details on the bottom as well as what the white on the bottom of the transom is.

The "no soak" question is interesting and evidently came from someone not familiar with plywood Correct Crafts. He's dead wrong on this one because the plywood bottom is never meant to be soaked. Even double planked boats were never meant to be soaked! If soaking is needed, there's a problem! The only bottom that does need soaking is the single plank on batten. Century used the method on their bottoms.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 12:20am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I emailed him back asking him for more details on the bottom as well as what the white on the bottom of the transom is.

I got a answer:
"Never said it didn’t leak.
Tell ya what, just give me a call if interested
Thanks

Joel Lemanski
Classic Boat Hardware"

Quite different than his first response:
"Hello Pete, Well according to the owner there are no problems with the bottom."

John,
Sorry about the "round thing"!! I looked once, couldn't see what you were talking about, forgot to ask more, looked again and now think you're talking about the through hull for the bilge pump. It's about a 1&1/2" dia. and brass. Now that we know the bottom leaks, we know why he's got the bilge pump!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 4:23pm
ATTN: Billy, Chip or Alan!   Have you guys seen this on ebay? I know they are hard to find.... Looks like an original CC.......
Burgee "On -a Stick"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 5:02pm
Joel Lemanski has got the 48 Junior listed on his site for 6K. Sure is lower than I thought!! He must know there are problems with the boat (bottom issues) but just isn't admitting to what extent.

classicboathardware.com

His "no such thing as a no soak bottom" comment really says something about the boats he sells!!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 10:01pm
whats the value of those flags? appr
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 9:49am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,Sorry about the "round thing"!! I looked once, couldn't see what you were talking about, forgot to ask more, looked again and now think you're talking about the through hull for the bilge pump. It's about a 1&1/2" dia. and brass. Now that we know the bottom leaks, we know why he's got the bilge pump!!

That's what I thought it looked like but I couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of putting something like that in that boat.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 11:11pm
Here's a steering wheel on ebay late 60's early 70's type
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 8:08pm
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 7:09pm
77 SNRestored- Nice Boat
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 39>
  Share Topic