Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 SKI TIQUE PROBLEMS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stevec2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 SKI TIQUE PROBLEMS
    Posted: April-30-2010 at 2:18pm
Hello all, new to the site. I have a 1978 Ski Tique that just doesn't seem to be running right.

It has a Ford Commander 302
new fuel filter after removing tons of particulets from filter casing
new spark plugs
clean distributor cap and points
new plug wires ordered

It will start and run well for about 10 seconds then start to spudder, it seems to run ok throttled up, but once i try to let it idle, it just bogs out and dies. Any Ideas?

Let me know, thanks!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 2:28pm
Is this the first time you've run it all year? I would think it just needs to be warmed up a little before you let the throttle back to neutral.

I had the same problem when first running our 96 last week.
stevec2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 2:31pm
No sir, had it out 3 times this year already no problems what-so-ever except right when i went to put it on the trailer on my way in the last time it would not idle down to let me put it into gear.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 3:37pm
check the mechanical advance and make sure the weights are free and not catching on anything. Did you replace the fuel and water seperator?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic