NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Surging!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 6:19pm
But, it is a Runslikecrap. for now.
And yes, the secondary fuel source is a very viable troubleshooting technique, as long as it can deliver the volume required for a short period, safely.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
WhiteLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 6:48pm
Skidim agreed that the fuel pressure was low. But they also brought up whether or not the secondary diaphragm was working correctly. Possibility?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 6:54pm
Here are some pictures of what it looks like thus far, I never posted any.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:32pm
You've come an aweful long way with that boat Michael and you're just around the corner from getting it running the way it should. Hang tough and make sure you're having fun and learning along the way.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:36pm
well done indeed!

Now i understand your little mastercraft neurosis.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by WhiteLakeSkier WhiteLakeSkier wrote:

Skidim agreed that the fuel pressure was low. But they also brought up whether or not the secondary diaphragm was working correctly. Possibility?

I don't think so, just the primaries should be good for 3600 to 3800 rpm.

River Rat to Mole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

well done indeed!

Now i understand your little mastercraft neurosis.

It has driven me crazy! Removing all the stickers and the rest of the junk all over the place has put me over the edge on Mastercraft. They are nice, just not spread all over a Correct Craft!
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Originally posted by WhiteLakeSkier WhiteLakeSkier wrote:

I don't think so, just the primaries should be good for 3600 to 3800 rpm.

Yeah, the secondaries not working properly won't create an issue like you are describing.

An alternate fuel source will let you know if it is from the tank to the pump. If your gauge is accurate, yes, your fuel pump is needing replacement or rebuilding. Just putting a new fuel pump in my CC made it run a lot better. I was getting around 4-4.5 psi tops before the new pump, and afterward I am getting 7 psi.

BTW, nice job on the boat so far.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 2:53pm
That is looking really sharp! Great job!

I can't tell from the picture but it looks like you have single hose clamps on the exhaust. Make sure you double those up! One comes off and water will fill that boat faster than you can shake a leg at!
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 4:14pm
You have done wonders on that boat. That boat was left for the dead, and you brought her too full life. Great job! Excellent looking boat there..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 9:51pm
I just can't hold my tongue any longer.

I think you really screwed-up, by not putting that much effort in the old Ski Tique.

AT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 10:30pm
To each his own. I wanted a better wake, which I got. I wanted a classic, which I got. The boat didn't go to the junkyard, it went to a boat restorer that will bring it back. Do you think I could restore something I didn't have a passion for? I liked this old boat and I wanted to focus my time and funds on making it what I want and nice.

Anyways, Got the carb back together. You were right about the O-rings, I gave it a go and I had gas dripping out of the transfer tube. We'll see how the float adjustment goes when I get some rings. I also ordered a fuel pump since mine tested at 4psi. May not be the solution to my surging problem, but it needed replacing. I got an accelerator pump as well, figure I might as well get a fresh one in there to eliminate the possibility of it screwing with things.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 10:50pm
I might have the two O-rings.
I'll check.
If I do I'll just send them to ya.

AT

A bad Ballast Resistor can cause some really weird symptoms.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 2:04am
Michael,   Yes, you are right about the "to each his own"

When I did a Diary search for a 1982 thru 1984 Ski Tique, yours was the only one.

AT
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 11:30am
get the fuel pump installed then re-adjust all the carb settings and your issue should be gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic