NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"single best town"

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "single best town"
    Posted: August-03-2010 at 8:23pm
I'm sure glad I'm not up north this week!! One of our residents without thinking entered Three Lakes in the Kraft "single best town" contest and it ended up winning!! I understand the whole town is a absolute "zoo"! I can only imagine the number of "walleys" out on the lakes.

All the streets on blocked off for the "block" party today. My wife had a hard time getting to the wireless at the library to check her email this morning!! Three lakes is really a pretty "sleepy" little town and certainly not used to this influx of tourists!!

BTW, Free Kraft singles grilled cheese sandwiches all day during the block party!!

what I'm finding so far

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 8:44pm
Thanks for the help, neighbor....
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Thanks for the help, neighbor....

Mike?? We've got to have 200 miles between us!! What are you saying? I didn't catch what your were trying to say!! Yes, the economy it bad in Wis. and I'm sure the same in Minn as well as all over. Maybe this event will rub off to surrounding areas??

Hey,
I think you're north of Charlie in Lake Elmo correct? How far?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 10:13pm
Pete,
That would be sarcasm stated at your neighbor, from your perspective...

Our cabin is near Sandpoint, ID, and they routinely have major magazine articles stating how great it is there. Sunset Magazine, The New Yorker, etc.     

My point is: "Yes it is, please keep it quiet, or it won't stay that way".
Mike N

1968 Mustang

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 11:00pm
The secret is that it is a secret.;)
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 3:25pm
Hopefully you will steal a few from Minocqua so I can go skiing without a Baja charging through at 65mph
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 4:07pm
Andrew,
Sorry but it was a one day event on the 3rd. I checked in that day with my wife and asked about the traffic on the lake. She said it was very quite!! Evidently everyone was in town eating the free grilled cheese sandwiches! Also, it didn't bring in a boating crowd.

65 MPH Bajas! See, I told you I don't like coming over there unless I have too!! I have never see one on our chain. The worst we ever get maybe once a summer is a day boater running around in a "California" jet.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 5:07pm
There are a few regular weekenders with Donzi, Scarab, and Baja that are 25-32ft. Then there are a couple guys with the twin rig Merc racing hydrofoils...And the fleet of thousands of southerners with glastrons and bayliners who are scary to watch from shore...much less from another boat heading in their direction

Now that I think of it, it really is a gamble everytime I hit the water on the Minocqua Chain
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 6:31pm
Andrew,
Every time I think of Minocqua, I always think of John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in "The Great Outdoors". You do know that it was supposed to take place in your town!!?? Candy trying to find a spot to pull out in traffic with the jet boat in tow is sure typical!

BTW, anything over about 22' is unusual for us.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 8:25pm
Yeah, I have heard that. Traffic has gotten excessive over the last 8 years...plus our summer house is downtown so I can barely get home sometimes. Yeah, anything over 22" is unusual for the chain too but there are always those guys who bring their boats over from the Great Lakes, Mississippi River, St. Croix River, and Lake Winnebego.
Do you ever enter your boat in the boat show in Minocqua? Were you at the auction off of 51 the other day? I kept my eyes open for ya.
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Toigs325 Toigs325 wrote:

Do you ever enter your boat in the boat show in Minocqua? Were you at the auction off of 51 the other day?

Even though or chapter of the ACBS sponsored that show for several years (needed so he could get ACBS advertising), I never brought any of my boats over there. Small show that my time was better spent at other shows. The last show I came over to see and was very disappointed. It was very obvious even then that he was in financial trouble. Then the last year (last summer??) he tried to it again but the bankruptcy court wouldn't allow it. What's going on with Bosackies (sp?) now??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Toigs325 Toigs325 wrote:

Traffic has gotten excessive over the last 8 years...plus our summer house is downtown so I can barely get home sometimes.

I'm not used to traffic lights in small northern Wisconsin towns!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 8:48pm
Pete,   Suck My Wake was a V-Drive.

AT
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 8:50pm
Pete.....You should take all your new found friends coming to the "best town" on down to Weasel's, and, uh, expose them some of that fine "Northwoods ballet" culture
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

What's going on with Bosackies (sp?) now??

I could go into detail but not on a public forum. Basically, the owner, who will remain nameless, spent all the revenues instead of reinvesting it. Time caught up with him. The place has fallen apart, the bank owns it and all of his assets, and it requires a couple million dollars in repairs now. They are trying to sell it and last I heard it was going for a measly $750,000 and still no one wants it...This has been going on for a couple years now.
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Pete.....You should take all your new found friends coming to the "best town" on down to Weasel's, and, uh, expose them some of that fine "Northwoods ballet" culture

I heard those are some special ladies in there...I wouldnt know personally
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 9:08pm

The place does attract people from all over!! Now, how do you know about it? I didn't think there were any injection molders that far north for you to get that close in your "business" travels!!

BTW, CQ and HW do know about the place!! Man, I haven't been in there in at least 30 years!! One thing that I do understand is he does bring in "talent" world wide!!

Next time we meet, I'll have to tell you the story about one of the "talents" I ran into at a wayside just north of Wittenburg one day on my way north. Her car had broken down and she needed a ride!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 10:21pm

The place does attract people from all over!! Now, how do you know about it? I didn't think there were any injection molders that far north for you to get that close in your "business" travels!!

BTW, CQ and HW do know about the place!! Man, I haven't been in there in at least 30 years!! One thing that I do understand is he does bring in "talent" world wide!!

Next time we meet, I'll have to tell you the story about one of the "talents" I ran into at a wayside just north of Wittenburg one day on my way north. Her car had broken down and she needed a ride!!

Pete....Come on. Everybody in the know, knows about Weasel's. Its world famous. By the way, there is a big injection molder over in Phillips WI (Price County). Its about 70 miles west of Weasels, er, uhm, I mean Three Lakes A beautiful drive through the National Forest to get over there. I make it a point to really get a feel for the locals in my travels.   

I also like to drive by Watercraft Sales to see if there are any classic Correct Crafts about so I can give reports back from the field to CCF HQ   
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 10:38pm

Andrew,
Every time I think of Minocqua, I always think of John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in "The Great Outdoors". You do know that it was supposed to take place in your town!!?? Candy trying to find a spot to pull out in traffic with the jet boat in tow is sure typical!

BTW, anything over about 22' is unusual for us.   

That movie still makes me laugh. The boating scenes were actually filmed in Bass Lake, near Yosemite in California.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 9:46am
Pete, I think its been a lot less than 30 years since you were at Weasles, I believe my bachelor party was about 20 years ago!
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic