NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Buying Boat....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 12:08am
Me personally if I look at a boat that is that dirty inside it gives me an idea of how well the owner took care of it. They didn't!!

IMHO I would offer the price of the platform that's all it's worth.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 12:12am
Water stain is no big deal - will come off easy with an acid wash.

What is a big deal is 2400 hours - can't be much engine life left. Stringers have got to be over ripe too.

If you get it for the right price, it woulod be a good project boat.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 1:21am
I'd pass on that one. Looks like it has been run pretty hard.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

Ok that was much faster then last time. Here are some pictures.

The swim platform is new also. I am wondering if that water line stain should be alarming. Or am I spooked from the other boat with the messed up hull.

1981 Ski Naut with alot of hours

What is your budget?

That 2500 hour boat is probably going to be a money pit.

Tim

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 1:49am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

IMHO I would offer the price of the platform that's all it's worth.

yes but after removing that sealer varnish finish it has now....

dash looks horrible
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 12:53pm
It's been ridden hard and put away wet that's for sho!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 12:58pm
It's been ridden hard and put away wet that's for sho!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 8:08pm
1+ pass on 81...

That boat is tore up and not very well cared for...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 8:14pm
4,100 dollars

2001, looks to be in decent shape. Clean up needed but a great year 85...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1985-CORRECT-CRAFT--NAUTIQUE--SKI-NAUTIQUE-2001-Ski-Nautique-96673244
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 9:41pm
That 85 looks like it'll need some work as well! Front lift ring is spun, interior needs attention and I'd guess floor/stringers are close to gone
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 9:44pm
I'd look for something like this

Composite and going to be much less of a project
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 3:05am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

I'd look for something like this

Composite and going to be much less of a project

Looks like that SN could be a decent deal. Not sure of hours, would have to inquire.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 12:02am
Any body have any opinions of a 1986 correct craft martinique. I am not really sure what the difference is between the skiers and the martinique's. Just kinda looks like its deeper and there for heavier. Anyone ever own one???

Thanks
Nelson
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 3:31am
There are a few of us here that have them. I like mine, but i've got 5 kids and need the space. Great big water boat. Throws a huge but not necessarily good wake for boarding. Not fair to compare it to a 2001, as there's a reason that boat has such a following for wakeboarding. I would suspect they have all the issues as a 2001 of similar vintage would have as far as wood stringers, etc. They haven't held their value like 2001's so you can pick them up pretty cheap. Replacing an interior on one would be $$$$. Bottom line, if you're looking for a value wakeboard boat and don't need the extra space, i'd stick with the 2001.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 11:58am

Any body have any opinions of a 1986 correct craft martinique. I am not really sure what the difference is between the skiers and the martinique's. Just kinda looks like its deeper and there for heavier. Anyone ever own one???

Thanks
Nelson

Nelson,
Depends how and where you'll be using your boat.
If it's just a family cruise-around then the Marty would be a nice boat, great cruise boat for Sebago or Winnipesaukee.
In my opinion, a Nautique would be a better choice for use on mostly smaller lakes.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 5:30pm
Nelson, have you looked at NAUTI84's boat in the For Sale section?

NAUTI84's Boat

You can read the "Woke up 84" thread in this section to get some info on how he got it going again.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Nelson, have you looked at NAUTI84's boat in the For Sale section?

NAUTI84's Boat

You can read the "Woke up 84" thread in this section to get some info on how he got it going again.

Thanks David.
See ya from Concord, where do you use your boat?
I grew up going to Newfound & Winni. Now spend a lot of time at a little pond in Weir.

Nelson - I went back thru the thread to see what type of boat your looking for, but could'nt really tell.
If an 84 is on your list feel free to contact me.
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 1:29pm
I dont really have my heart set on any one boat. Just looking for a soild ski boat for me and the boys. I just came across a 1986 Martinique that the owner claims only has 300 hours of which he put 80 on this last winter....(not sure if thats possible) He only wants $2500 but has a list of 6 people looking at it ahead of me. He's also a bit short and not very friendly, I asked him for a few more pictures but "he doesnt have any more pictures" Anyway back to the point. I am pretty good with a set of wrenchs and would actually enjoy spending some time working on a boat. What I dont have alot of is time. I am a manager with Lowes and work a wierd sched. I would also like something affordably becasue I would really like to stay loan free on this toy. Anyway thanks for asking..

Nelson
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 1:51pm
When you say you're looking for a "ski" boat, I'd say that the martinique is not what you're after. The wake's pretty big. You can make it work for boarding sports, but if you want to ski, there are better options. Only way to know if it fits your needs is to drive it. Only my opinion, but if the guy's a flake I wouldn't waste any time with it.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 5:55pm
I'm on Bow Lake in Strafford and have skied with friends on Northwood Lake this summer. I'm not aware of a pond in Weare that is big enough to boat on, can you ski on it?
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I'm on Bow Lake in Strafford and have skied with friends on Northwood Lake this summer. I'm not aware of a pond in Weare that is big enough to boat on, can you ski on it?

David,
Small private pond that my cousin lives on - Daniels lake.
Just big enough to ski & nice barefoot runs.
Usually have it all to ourselves!
Big reason that mine has sat on trailer for so long though - He has his Malibu at his dock.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2010 at 6:13pm
Sounds great! Drop me a note if you ever need a 3rd, it's probably only 25 minutes from my house.
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 3:25pm
Is anyone close to

Jay's Marina
928 Laconia Road
Winnisquam, NH 03289

The Martinique that I am looking onto is there but the owner is going to pull it out of the water on Friday, he and I cant get together prior so I may have to look at it out of the water in Manchester. Just thinking mabye someone was close and could sneak a peak for me.

Thanks
Nelson
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 8:41pm
Take a look at these photos and let me know what you all think...

1986 Martinique Photos

Looks pretty rough to me. The hull below that line is like rubbing your hand on sandpaper. This needs a complete sand and re-gel?? Am I correct???

Nelso
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 11:07pm
Keep looking, as that's not the boat you're looking for, unless you've got crazy gelkote and woodworking skills and are ready for a huge project this winter. It didn't crack 80 in austin today, so I can imagine it's a little cooler in Maine. You've got time.
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 11:41pm
Thats what I thought. It kills me to see a boat like this, the meter reads under 300 hours (ofcourse my not be correct) but if it is I would guess the boat sat at a dock for about 20 years.......just freakin stupid....mostly likly owned by some jackwagon that has more money then he (or she) knows what to do with.......
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 12:08am
Put a bid on this boat.
88 SN 2001

92 SN
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 1:17am
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2010 at 10:12am

Thats what I thought. It kills me to see a boat like this, the meter reads under 300 hours (ofcourse my not be correct) but if it is I would guess the boat sat at a dock for about 20 years.......just freakin stupid....mostly likly owned by some jackwagon that has more money then he (or she) knows what to do with.......

Nelson,
You're probably right on with the - more money than they know what to do with.
You see loads of boats on Winni-(squam & peesockee) that sit at the docks from Memorial Day to Labor Day and are barely used. Then they pull em and put in one of the marina racks until next year.
Amazing the lack of care so many get!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:59am
Hi Nelson - not sure if we linked this one for you already or not:

'81 SN

Again, beware of stringers, have to look, but it's a low cost start for you. Just trying to get you into a boat for next year!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic