NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 25>
Author
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 6:29pm
On this whole pope and condom discussion, here's a question.

If the people aren't engaging in sexual activity, wouldn't that also stop the spread of AIDS?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 6:53pm
I apologize, It didn't realize this was your "CONCLUSION" I thought you read it somewhere or talked with the pope personally.

You also CONCLUDED that I am a christian. I say this because I never remember mentioning anything about my beliefs.

So what do we now know. We know you base all your opinions on your CONCLUSIONS.

We also now can CONCLUDE that you are non religious, which explains alot for me.

I have studied some about theology. I learned of many religions, cultures, and their beliefs. I do not proclaim to know much about athiests, scientolgists and others that completely believe in the absence of any possibility of a higher power. That being said, I have no problem if you are a non believer, but have absolutely don' have any feelings you are superior because of this. I have CONCLUDED that you feel you are.

on a side note, just curious about what brand of inboard boat(s) you own and why you chose that brand?
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 7:16pm
While you may not agree with Phil, I don't see how you can chose to berate the fact that he comes to "conclusions". Don't most people? The difference is, for the most part, Phil is obviously drawing his conclusions based on a lot of different information, and not a single biased source.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 7:26pm
If you read some of the above threads he had his opinion abou the pope wanting people to die. The pope wants people to abstain. When questioned on this he responded that he concluded this, and proceeded to decide what my religious, or non religious beliefs were without me stating them. I wasn't berating his conclusions but pointing out that on some items he could be way off base and from what I read feels his opinions are superior to others here. I have mentioned before and will repeate for your benefit that everyone has a right to their opinion but no ones are any better or worse than anyone elses. No harm implied.

I did notice you have been monitoring this debate, Why not tell us how you feel?
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 7:36pm
Understand completely Kevin.   

As far as the Pope wanting people to abstain, I agree, that is what he wants. But I think the big issue is at what cost? Sacrifice one part of your belief to help others, or hold true to your beliefs no matter the cost? Some would see it being true to your beliefs, others may see it to be insane. It just depends on what you believe in, and how strongly you believe in it.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 9:21pm
not to get this somewhat back on track but can someone explain why when our country needs to raise money, and no one wants new taxes why we can't put tariffs or taxes on imported goods. I read that many foreign countries we deal with don't buy our products yet we don't tax theirs.

Nafta should work both ways shouldn't it? maybe it's is time to rethink this policy.

Secondly, why is it the unions never go abroad. They could do much for peoples rights, working conditions, and would bring the costs of goods closer to what American goods cost.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 9:35pm
Tarrifs when placed are are almost always countered by the partner country, leaving little net gain in revenue or trade, In the mean time goods normally purchased from that country because of the price bennefit have to be purchased from a more expensive source. Over all the standard of living for the general population goes down when trade is restricted due to increased prices, On an individual basis ic can temporarily prop up an industry but not for any long term bennefit.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:03pm
Phil,

This should give you a lifetime of entertainment:

Thousands of folks you can belittle then educate

What kind of inboards were those?

Now back to our simpleton boating thoughts...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 5:02am
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Well if you actually took the time to watch some of the things I've posted you would know...

Very briefly, DNA came from Nucleotides. The nucleotides were created from hydrogen, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and methane.

I'm no physicists but most of the smartest people ever to live are and this stuff is not quick or easily explained.

You can learn too grasshopper;

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/a-universe-from-nothing-lecture/

OK phil, I read all 9 pages of the "I wish it were true thread", and watched the video link above which was a nice piece on the universe but did not contribute to the origin of life subject, there is an hour I dont get back, thanks. I thank you for finally answering a guestion directly, you even forgot to call me ignorant, well it at least took a second post to get around to it. Praise God for another small miracle! You got up to the ingredients for dna, but when you get to the heart of my guestion you say nucleotids were CREATED. My point exactly. What I have learned from the 9 pages of the previous discussion is that this site has some good, witty and intellegent members that I am very thankful to be able to spend time with, then there is the exception that proves the rule. You make massive assumptions of others without showing any interest in their real situations. You assumed peoples religious backgrounds and beliefs without ever inquireing about them. You made very strong accusations about my Church without ever asking where I attend. You do not appear to be the inquisative scientist you claim., You seem more concerned about proclaiming your superiority than participating in a dialog. I said earlier I was just having some fun with Phil, after enduring those 9 pages I read I am agreeing with the others, its just not that fun anymore. Sorry for opening up the religion topic everyone, to paraphrase Moses, "forgive me for I did not understand".
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 5:30am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

not to get this somewhat back on track but can someone explain why when our country needs to raise money, and no one wants new taxes why we can't put tariffs or taxes on imported goods. I read that many foreign countries we deal with don't buy our products yet we don't tax theirs.

Nafta should work both ways shouldn't it? maybe it's is time to rethink this policy.

Secondly, why is it the unions never go abroad. They could do much for peoples rights, working conditions, and would bring the costs of goods closer to what American goods cost.

More thoughts, as the global economy evolves the US with its expensive labor will not compete in a lot of manufacturing areas, we will continue to do what we are best at and can make profit on here like high-tec areas, inovation and service. Many of the developing coutries we buy from just cannot afford what we have to offer but we still benefit from the relationship due to the low cost of goods. In other cases like Japan they have protecionist policies in place that are unfair to us here, but again when we try to retailiate with our own protections it turns into a pissing match in which no one wins. There are several levels of trade agreements, and NAFTA is actually on the lower end, it is not the completely open system many believe it to be.

I am not sure why our unions dont follow in the footsteps of our businesses and follow the jobs off shore. Each country has its own set of labor laws, maybe they make it to unnatractive for the unions to be interested in making a move.    
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 10:18am
the Chinese manipulate the Yen, making it devalued and more attractive to buyers, on the union thing which Ohio is a big union state, labor laws are in place thru the federal government which basically there really is not a need for a union in todays time and I strongly believe the unions had a part in Nafta, not creating it but imposing it because the cost of labor, companies had no choice but to out source cheaper labor to compete and break away from the stronghold of the unions, im sure the union leaders were dead against Nafta becasue of this. the 18 hour enforced work days for 2.00 an hour is long gone and so should be the unions...pay a man based on what he knows or on his experience level. I hate the paraphrse "I deserve it" the only thing someone deserves in this country is opportunity...It happened here in Ohio, the shift of labor to non union states protecting the bottem line. I could name 200 union guys up here fiddling their thumbs and the first thing they did when they lost their jobs was go out into the system saturating the trades and creating a strain on the work force.
at the time they deserved 60 hour 40.00 an hour work weeks, pushing a button...good for the economy, temporarily, until the outsourcing of labor begun, now that same job is a 14.00 an hour job.
maybe its a cycle, and now up here they are happy to take that 14.00 an hour job to survive which devalues the dollar and brings the cost of goods down to the affordable range again....hope it works
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 10:20am
imposing may not be the right word, lets say created, not by their own hands
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Well if you actually took the time to watch some of the things I've posted you would know...

Very briefly, DNA came from Nucleotides. The nucleotides were created from hydrogen, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and methane.

I'm no physicists but most of the smartest people ever to live are and this stuff is not quick or easily explained.

You can learn too grasshopper;

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/a-universe-from-nothing-lecture/

OK phil, I read all 9 pages of the "I wish it were true thread", and watched the video link above which was a nice piece on the universe but did not contribute to the origin of life subject, there is an hour I dont get back, thanks. I thank you for finally answering a guestion directly, you even forgot to call me ignorant, well it at least took a second post to get around to it. Praise God for another small miracle! You got up to the ingredients for dna, but when you get to the heart of my guestion you say nucleotids were CREATED. My point exactly. What I have learned from the 9 pages of the previous discussion is that this site has some good, witty and intellegent members that I am very thankful to be able to spend time with, then there is the exception that proves the rule. You make massive assumptions of others without showing any interest in their real situations. You assumed peoples religious backgrounds and beliefs without ever inquireing about them. You made very strong accusations about my Church without ever asking where I attend. You do not appear to be the inquisative scientist you claim., You seem more concerned about proclaiming your superiority than participating in a dialog. I said earlier I was just having some fun with Phil, after enduring those 9 pages I read I am agreeing with the others, its just not that fun anymore. Sorry for opening up the religion topic everyone, to paraphrase Moses, "forgive me for I did not understand".

Is there anything that could convince you that there is no God? Anything at all? And if I'm so off basis with your religious denomination please enlighten me. What religion are you?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 1:59pm
Quote Moses, "forgive me for I did not understand".

I love how you guys cherry pick the good book.

What is the punishment for taking the lords name in vain? Death. - Leviticus 24:16

What is the punishment for working on the sabbath? Death. - Exodus 31:15

What is the punishment for cursing one's father or mother? Death. Exodus 21:17

Adultery? Death. Leviticus 20:10

What barbarian writes this stuff?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 2:09pm
If that were the case.....
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Exactly, but wait a few minutes because the Christians will tell us how they get to pick what's literal and what's not.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 3:11pm

Exactly, but wait a few minutes because the Christians will tell us how they get to pick what's literal and what's not.

Actually, exactly the opposite, Phil. The Bible is not meant to be cherry picked and it is meant to be read and followed wholly and literally. The cherry picking typically comes from guys like you trying to point out your justification for not wanting to believe it.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Actually, exactly the opposite, Phil. The Bible is not meant to be cherry picked and it is meant to be read and followed wholly and literally. The cherry picking typically comes from guys like you trying to point out your justification for not wanting to believe it.

So you think everyone is headed to hell then? Cause I'm sure you are all offenders. Furthermore, do you really believe in the virgin birth? Do you really believe in a genesis creation? Do you really believe in a bodily resurrection?

Have you ever compared stories of Greek Mythology to the Bible? They are strikingly similar. To me, it seems highly likely that the stories in the bible are stories of Greek mythology changed to suit the belief system of the new religion, Christianity.

Let us not forget the definition of faith; Firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 3:53pm
I believe in the WHOLE Bible, not parts. You're picking out parts.

You have a pretty strong focus on the OT and OT law. Tell me, what is it that Jesus taught regarding OT law, religion, heaven, etc? (I'm assuming you've read the entire Bible...correct me if my assumption is wrong)

Yes, good reminder of the definition of faith. So, would you say that you have faith in certain things or do you only believe in the things with absolute proof?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 4:02pm
Phos,
   As you accuses so do you do. You cherry pick to your liking. With reguards to the Bible, in the Old Testment God was able to get mad, and mean thus your quotes of punishment by death, and hell. In the New Testiment, the Christians made God a much more loving and forgiving God. So those who believe have a place in heaven. I think the 10 Commandments changed the penalties, and now you can be forgiven.

It really doesen't matter as you say you believe in neither but I felt I needed to clarify your remarks.

So what kind of boat do you own and why that brand?
What is your take on Global Warming?
and last but not least why do you keep hijacking a decent government,& voting thread to interject your own non christian adjenda?

Why not start a new thread with your position on religion and see if anyone joins in.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 4:51pm

I believe in the WHOLE Bible, not parts. You're picking out parts.

You have a pretty strong focus on the OT and OT law. Tell me, what is it that Jesus taught regarding OT law, religion, heaven, etc? (I'm assuming you've read the entire Bible...correct me if my assumption is wrong)

Yes, good reminder of the definition of faith. So, would you say that you have faith in certain things or do you only believe in the things with absolute proof?

Yes, I've read the barbarism. Jesus is sadistic. He kills he loves. He threatens you with hell but can reward you with heaven. What kind of guy does that? NO ONE cause it's a story!

You have to be crazy to believe that your priest/pastor can mumble a few words and turn a cracker into the body of christ or the wine into the blood of christ. You think that this universe was created in 6 short days. People are scared of death and the central lie for all religion is that there's a cure for this. Play your cards right and you can go to heaven. This is why religion survives. You guys have surrendered your mind, and your reason. You make claims that you cannot possibly know but only hope are true. I would love to hear one of you say "I'm not sure if there's a god" because again, you can't possibly be sure. I'll start, it is possible there is a god though there is absolutely zero evidence that points to it so I highly doubt it. But there is a very small minute chance.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 4:55pm

Phos,
   As you accuses so do you do. You cherry pick to your liking. With reguards to the Bible, in the Old Testment God was able to get mad, and mean thus your quotes of punishment by death, and hell. In the New Testiment, the Christians made God a much more loving and forgiving God. So those who believe have a place in heaven. I think the 10 Commandments changed the penalties, and now you can be forgiven.

It really doesen't matter as you say you believe in neither but I felt I needed to clarify your remarks.

So what kind of boat do you own and why that brand?
What is your take on Global Warming?
and last but not least why do you keep hijacking a decent government,& voting thread to interject your own non christian adjenda?

Why not start a new thread with your position on religion and see if anyone joins in.

1 What kind of boat brand? They are not correct crafts but are inboards.
2 Global Warming? True.
3 Because religion is detrimental.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 5:52pm
Are you ashamed to mention the brand?
Do you drive an electric car?
Are you afraid no one would respond to your Anti religion thread?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 5:52pm
Phil,

Sounds like you feel you have it all figured out. I hope you're right.

I didn't see an answer to this question...

Quote So, would you say that you have faith in certain things or do you only believe in the things with absolute proof?

I'm asking because you mentioned earlier in this thread about your belief in nucleotides, DNA and their origins. In the reading I've done, science has been able to duplicate this origination by performing lab experiments with intervention. To my knowledge, I've yet to see science prove this can happen completely without intervention.

I also notice you haven't clearly stated what you believe to be the cause of the origins of life. I'd say we can rule out you believing in creation, but there are other theories out there. Do you believe any of those theories or is the "jury still out" in your mind on the origins of life?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:28pm

Are you ashamed to mention the brand?
Do you drive an electric car?
Are you afraid no one would respond to your Anti religion thread?

I don't see what your getting at but I own a 2008 Moomba and an 82 American skier and what's wrong with an electric car?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:31pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:35pm
Phil,

What model is your 08 Moomba?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:38pm
Phil may own that web site. With only 129 members and 2200 posts, it might be a good place to start a religous thread in the off topic section and help him by boosting his member and post count.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:42pm

Phil,

Sounds like you feel you have it all figured out. I hope you're right.

I didn't see an answer to this question...

Quote So, would you say that you have faith in certain things or do you only believe in the things with absolute proof?

I'm asking because you mentioned earlier in this thread about your belief in nucleotides, DNA and their origins. In the reading I've done, science has been able to duplicate this origination by performing lab experiments with intervention. To my knowledge, I've yet to see science prove this can happen completely without intervention.

I also notice you haven't clearly stated what you believe to be the cause of the origins of life. I'd say we can rule out you believing in creation, but there are other theories out there. Do you believe any of those theories or is the "jury still out" in your mind on the origins of life?

You need to at least have real evidence that points to reasons why something is. Faith? I have no faith in anything. I don't believe without evidence.

I've looked at all the evidence and the best theories are by far the big bang and evolution. Now, and here is where I loose anyone of faith, if in the future we make more discoveries that changes things scientifically than I would change my thoughts. You can't even say that cause your a mind slave to a book.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Phil may own that web site. With only 129 members and 2200 posts, it might be a good place to start a religous thread in the off topic section and help him by boosting his member and post count.

Riley, the site hasn't been around very long and there aren't that many american skiers out there but thanks for your input.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 25>
  Share Topic