NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 25>
Author
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Phil,

What model is your 08 Moomba?

Outback.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Phil may own that web site. With only 129 members and 2200 posts, it might be a good place to start a religous thread in the off topic section and help him by boosting his member and post count.

Riley, the site hasn't been around very long and there aren't that many american skiers out there but thanks for your input.

Seems like a good place to carry on the discussion, don't you think?
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:54pm
So do you believe either big bang or evolution explains the origins of life? Are you saying you believe both of them together or that seperately you believe they are strong theories?

Maybe you can expand a little on why you believe those theories and what evidence you feel backs them up. I don't recall reading that science has witnessed big bang happening on its own nor have they witnessed evolution (if by evolution you are talking about the formation of organisms from nothing, to simple organisms, to complex organism).

I wouldn't say I'm one that is dead set, either. If science could show me evidence of origin of life that contradicts creation, I'm open to it. I've yet to see that happen and even the theories of evolution and big bang don't necessarily contradict creation. They very well could be true and answer for us the "HOW" to go along with the story of creation. The Bible talks about God creating everything, but it never really says how. Maybe science is figuring it out.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 6:58pm
Cool. The Outback is a pretty nice boat. Do you mostly ski or do you do anything else?

Quote You need to at least have real evidence that points to reasons why something is. Faith? I have no faith in anything. I don't believe without evidence.

Here's a fun philisophical question...

Do you think you'll be alive tomorrow? If so, are you basing that on some sort of evidence that proves you will be here or are you basing it on faith?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 7:00pm

Phil may own that web site. With only 129 members and 2200 posts, it might be a good place to start a religous thread in the off topic section and help him by boosting his member and post count.

Riley, the site hasn't been around very long and there aren't that many american skiers out there but thanks for your input.

No because no one goes on about religion over there.. I have an idea, if you don't want to read this don't click on this thread. What a novel idea.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 7:09pm

No because no one goes on about religion over there.. I have an idea, if you don't want to read this don't click on this thread. What a novel idea.

Do they go on about about being an athiest?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2010 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Are you ashamed to mention the brand?
Do you drive an electric car?
Are you afraid no one would respond to your Anti religion thread?

I don't see what your getting at but I own a 2008 Moomba and an 82 American skier and what's wrong with an electric car?

It seemed odd that you would be here discussing other peoples faith, beliefs and or lack of but offered very little information about yourself. Don't read anymore into it. We are al pretty friendly here.
So you have your own website. Does one have to be a non believer to take part?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 9:55am
being of sound mind and body, im starting to question myself, I hear you can give up your sins at the door
"the things you own will start to own you"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 10:47am

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Very briefly, DNA came from Nucleotides. The nucleotides were created from hydrogen, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and methane.

You make massive assumptions of others without showing any interest in their real situations. You assumed peoples religious backgrounds and beliefs without ever inquireing about them. You made very strong accusations about my Church without ever asking where I attend. You do not appear to be the inquisative scientist you claim., You seem more concerned about proclaiming your superiority than participating in a dialog. I said earlier I was just having some fun with Phil, after enduring those 9 pages I read I am agreeing with the others, its just not that fun anymore.

Is there anything that could convince you that there is no God? Anything at all? And if I'm so off basis with your religious denomination please enlighten me. What religion are you?

Phil, why would I continue this debate, I alrady have you documented as saying that the beginings of life were created, implying a creator. I am thinking about making that my new tag line. Could you convince me that God does not exist? No, you say yourself that you could not prove it, and "you" is the key word, way to biased to be objective. As far as my religion, am I suppposed to believe you suddenly care after I called you out? or are you just fishing so you can twist a fact to defamate it. I wll not play Judas to my church so you can crucifie it. Like I said this is just not fun anymore.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:00am
Faith: a belief that does not rest on logical truth..i think we are being overshadowed in the difference between religion and faith, religion is a specific belief, faith is a belief whether right or wrong and who would be the judge in this situation? your inner being which would decipher good from evil, you yourself from teachings knows what would be right and what would be wrong. Faith is an owners manual not necessarily under ones belief of a certain religion. Its the faith, a belief in good that keeps the world in check...a belief that one being taught if you take lives you are guareenteed 72 virgins....it can be a good or an evil and it stems from childhood of what one is taught. there is no right or wrong when one is led to believe in a certain religion
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:10am
my earlier post was in regards to questioning my religion not my faith, in recent times and events also science catching up, it does make one question your religion, but you cant let that get in the way of ones faith, faith is a beacon that brings out good or evil and religion is a stepping stone to ones faith. in all honesty i think there will be a judgement day, not based on religion but on what one does with his time on this planet.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:17am

I have an idea, if you don't want to read this don't click on this thread. What a novel idea.

Or change the subject and bash those with whom you disagree, and everytime the subject gets back on course, chime in again and take it to your adjenda.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:20am
Eric, I agree, I stay away from the religious part of tha argument because the religion is how people interpret faith, when people get involved there is a high likely they will mess it up.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:25am
I was kinda liking the 72 virgins awaiting my arrival lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:26am
I figure i could buzz thru them in 10 or so days
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:32am
Trying to do the math, about 45 seconds plus recoup time? Also wondering what the virgins did wrong.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 11:50am
one is enough, believe me
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:55am
Anybody else have the post election blues? After having everybody all riled up for the election and getting a historic number of seats to change hands, we went into a political vacuum with nothing going on.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 12:01pm
you aint gonna see anything till 2012
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 3:43pm
Yeah, it is kind of quiet. I'm sure we will see more of a buzz after the first of the year. Like I said earlier in this thread, I hope the conservatives that just got elected will hold true to conservative policy.

I don't believe "compromise" is in the best interest in this country right now. Conservatives compromising and moving further and further to the left over the years is what got us in this mess in the first place.

I'm really interested to see how the whole Health Care Bill plays out.

Speaking of that, how many of you have seen what changes are taking place going into next year? Premiums, benefits, out-of-pocket, etc. I just got the benefits package last week from my company and it was interesting to see what things are changing. Some of which are due to the Health Care Bill and others are the company trying to keep its head above water and control cost. I've yet to hear from anyone I've talked to that their cost of health care decreased this year. Funny, I seem to remember somebody talking about costs going down...I can't for the life of me remember who that was...anyone remember?
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:07pm
Our health premiums jumped 20 percent again this year, same story, past seven years, 15 to 23 percent increases, year in, year out. Sad thing is, obama care is actually going to wind up costing small businesses and the self employed even more in the long run, according to the GAO.

Another bubble in the making...
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:19pm
you won't see the savings kick in until after 2014, when we are all broke, out of work, and eligable for free Obamacare.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:22pm

Phil, why would I continue this debate, I alrady have you documented as saying that the beginings of life were created, implying a creator.

Created by a chemical reaction you simpleton.

As far as my religion, am I suppposed to believe you suddenly care after I called you out? or are you just fishing so you can twist a fact to defamate it. I wll not play Judas to my church so you can crucifie it. Like I said this is just not fun anymore.

No you are not suppose to care. What you are suppose to realize is that I had you nailed for a Christian which was obvious based on your previous comments. Now back to your bible studies.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:45pm
Im glad the fking democrats falling off like rats. No Obama trying to work with the GOP. But he and the democrats are still idiots and will never learn how business and economy is runned. In addtion, wait till 2012 and we take over for fking good.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:47pm
FOX news!! Glenn Beck and Bill O' Reilly tell the the truth...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:51pm
Anybody ever heard of Christianity. Obama has not!! nor does the democrats. They are againest the people and not for the people..

Huh! Sounds like a pieace of the Declaration of Independence...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 9:59pm

[Created by a chemical reaction you simpleton.

Phil, chemicle reactions can change but not create, here is websters definition of create
transitive verb
1: to bring into existence <God created the heaven and the earth — Genesis 1:1(Authorized Version)>
2a : to invest with a new form, office, or rank <was created a lieutenant> b : to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior <her arrival created a terrible fuss> <create new jobs>
3: cause, occasion <famine creates high food prices>
4a : to produce through imaginative skill <create a painting> b : design <creates dresses>

I dont see chemicle reactions doing any of these. Fruedian slip on your part maybe?

And why the name calling. How inferior must you feel if degrading others is neccesary elevate yourself. Probably comes from feeling your a cosmic accident rather than a unique creation.

Took my daughters to the women and science expo at the science museum Saturday, church Sunday. All things in balance.
1987 Ski Nautique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:15pm
Ignore the troll.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:27pm
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 11:01pm
The funny thing is that many things science is able to duplicate require intervention. It requires an intelligent being to cause, create or otherwise control what is happening.

I've noticed a couple things in my short time on this earth with science oriented guys and atheists...

1. They will always rely upon only proven ideas, but not all is proven and there are still unknowns...questions lead to more questions.

2. There is always an attitude that if new information comes along they are open to change their mind. Why is that? Is it truly being open minded or admitting that there isn't 100% confidence in the current believed theory? Or is it that staying open to change is easier than holding your ground?

3. They will always deny they have faith yet there are many things you can point out that they believe in that require faith.

4. Once you point out these facts in a discussion, they stop discussing (or ignore you when it is a group setting)

I know I go to bed at night confident in my beliefs and have no doubt that we were CREATED in the image of God (the creator), we are loved by God, and He wants us to grow closer to Him, ultimately spending eternity with Him. I can honestly care less about "religion" and rituals. I care about learning more about what God wants to teach us and growing closer to Him like a son yearning to be close to his father.

Something kind of funny to think about...

Christians believe that they were created in God's image. That seems like a pretty awe inspiring thing when you really get down to it.

Many scientist/atheist types believe in the evolution idea were we all came from the primordial ooze. In other words, they believe they came from pond scum. Kind of depressing, don't you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 25>
  Share Topic