NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 25>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 11:21am
"the GM Samurai"
"the things you own will start to own you"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 11:51am
Just messing with you Eric.

The old saying is when you owe the bank thousands they own you. When you owe the bank millions, you own the bank. The Chinese are big investors in our country. What's good for us is in their best interest.

Back in the 1980's everyone was getting worried that the Japenese were buying up American real estate, such iconic pieces like Rockerfeller Center. Well they weren't going to take it back to Japan and they ended up over paying for a lot of it. It turned out not to be the big deal everyone thought it was.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 11:55am
I keep telling my bank that. And here I thought the Isrealites owned us
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 11:57am
I was thinking the American way, and saying to myself, fu we aint paying you back....then what?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 12:04pm
Yosemite was another Japanese purchase that got people's attention, not sure if that ever went through or not. I think was caused the uproar was that if a Japanese businessman buys a shopping mall, that's business. When they buy parts of American culture it hits too close to home.

Japan isn't viewed as much of a threat any more, all it takes is the bigger bully on the block to forget about the one you were concerned with yesterday. Neither country is a fair trading partner, we've been too weak in allowing them to make a different set of rules when we try to sell into their markets.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

You probably can get a gun rack to fit a tower on a Nautique, so you can head out with 2 skis, 2 boards, a 12 gauge and a rifle.

!

The FCT flight clips hold M4's and 870 tactical's nicely.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 12:13pm
I dont know what it would take to even up the spreadsheets with these guy's, but at least the manipulation of currency has caught the attention of the government...now they just have to grow a set of brass balls and do something about it
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 12:27pm
The 600 billion bond buyback may help. My first instinct was very negative about this, but I've read more and it may actually help us in international trade, which is why so many G20 countries were upset about it. The down side is it may trigger inflation here, just more printing of money, but if it moves the foreign trade balance a bit in our favor I'm willing to give it a look.

Hard to even the spreadsheet - it will take decades, but as China's standard of living rises things will balance out a bit. A lot of heavy industry is heading to Vietnam now, and China is building a car factory in Bulgaria so they can sell into EU countries with no tariffs. I don't know how much longer it will be before we see Chinese cars here.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 12:45pm
equal things up a bit and the desire to come to the US may diminish, dollar for dollar Americans should make the right choice, its hard to compete when you can buy a Kia for 99 bucks a month. A few of my Estonian friends came to the US chasing the american dream, sending all kinds of sht back to the homeland because you could afford these things over here and a few of them went back finding out things equaled up a bit with the Euro, the desire to come back here is no more
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 1:03pm
Well .... I only buy American cars, have never owned a foreign vehicle. I try to buy American on what I can, though obviously electronics are hard. I buy Craftsman hand tools, though many are made overseas today, I buy Milwaukee or DeWalt power tools, not sure but I think Milwaukee is still made here. I think we have to do what we can to support the U.S. economy, U.S. jobs.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 1:16pm
convince the other 299,999,998 to do that
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 1:19pm
I lost all hope 63, Corvette as American as apple pie, I opted not to buy aftermarket marker lights for 22 bucks apiece and stepped up to buy OEM at 42 bucks apiece, man was I fcn pissed because they said made in China on the back
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 1:24pm
and i guareentee there was a bigger profit margin on the ones for 22 bucks
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 1:48pm
We need to unionize China, that would even things out big time. The government buys US, $1,000 screw drivers, $10,000 toilet seats, etc
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 2:02pm
that would bump them up to 3.00 bucks an hour, and the kids could get the weekends off
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

We need to unionize China, that would even things out big time. The government buys US, $1,000 screw drivers, $10,000 toilet seats, etc

I got a feeling that the guy who tried that would disappear pretty fast.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 3:43pm
Eric you can vote for Bloomberg in 2012..

Bloomberg himself said Tuesday it’s doubtful an independent candidate could win a presidential race..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 3:44pm
I like to see Fred Thompson try again. Or Huckabee..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 3:50pm
but i could see an indy stealing some Pubby votes, throw Palin and Trump at us and surely you will see another Demmy in office
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 3:52pm
Na, the american people seen to much change. I think it will be 8 years before you see a demmy again.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 4:08pm
you (the pubby's) aint got that much going for you in the politician department, a couple reality stars, just maybe
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2010 at 4:11pm
you guys could always use the Florida trick again lol
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 3:13pm

I would suggest the opposite. De-unionize America and bring down the costs to manufacture items here.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 6:04pm
Okie, I wanted to say that
my bud is clipping AT and T, $37.50 straight, 7 days a week, on 12's
splicing cables and you know what? not much to show for it. sorry gary, J-Bear
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

I would suggest the opposite. De-unionize America and bring down the costs to manufacture items here.

The chances of either happening are about the same.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Okie, I wanted to say that
my bud is clipping AT and T, $37.50 straight, 7 days a week, on 12's
splicing cables and you know what? not much to show for it. sorry gary, J-Bear

Why does he have nothing to show for it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 10:07am
extra curricular activities. you know they say if you gave every single person in the USA a million bucks, in 10 years everyone would be broke and the Vanderbilts and Trumps would have all that money back....maybe a money management thing?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 10:13am
I may of been a bit out of context here, I personally dont know what he does with his money......he could be throwing it all in the bank????
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 11:07am
Its all realative, If he had more OT available a few years back, and based his lifestyle on that than now he will be hurting, but he certainly makes enough to do ok if he balances his lifestyle to income. That is the adjustment I am making now, selling the cabin , paying off debt. no vacations. More work on weekends, If only I could do the same with my tax bill. you can't cut them back without eventually having an srmed invasion to confiscate your home. Of course at that point I could quit my job, sit on welfare, and they would pay for me to rent a home at mandatory reduced rates and send me checks. Amazing how a small move from one side of a line to another is percieved and rewarded.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2010 at 12:15pm
eric,

You might be right. He may be living modestly off the straight time and using all the extra time to bank away money. Just working 40 hours a week at $37.50 per hours gets you to $78K a year. If he is working 7 12's he's putting in 84 hours a week, so that extra 44 is 1.5x or 2x wages. That also gets taxed pretty heavy, thanks to our progressive tax system. So the harder your friend works to put away money (if that's what he is doing), the less of it he gets to keep and the more money the government takes. Seems a little backwards to me, ut I'm not a demmy...I think people should all pay a fair share and pay equal percentage of their income all the way up. By the way, if you figure the extra 44 hours at just 1.5x, his yearly income would be over $200K. Now he's reaching the threshhold of income that the demmys consider to be "rich" and want to tax more. Makes perfect sense huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 25>
  Share Topic