NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vortex BF suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vortex BF suit
    Posted: December-10-2010 at 3:23pm
On sale on Lake elmo sports Vortex BF suits..for $100...are they good?
i´m not very happy with the barbed wire intensity suit..all the inner padding is breaking inside and looks like it will start to fall inside...
Is the vapor a good replacement?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 4:00pm
I was just looking at that myself. You sure they have the size you need, the selection at that price is super limited. As far as the quality, I was asking about that this summer. Brad (Barracuda's) wife has one as well as some friends of his, I believe, and they seemed pleased with the quality.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 4:38pm
Never was please with the vortex stuff.

Eagle or BFI for me.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 5:03pm
yup no sizes...all available are either to small or way to big...
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 5:45pm
What size do you need?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2010 at 5:50pm
i´m a large...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2010 at 1:15am
Why else or they selling them so CHEAP!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2010 at 5:29am
I got one from them last season and I'm VERY happy with it!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

sethro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sethro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2010 at 11:04am
I purchased one three years ago...at that time $79. At 6'5" and 240lbs it was perfect for me that they only had small and XXXL left.   

It was not a factory blem or anything like that either, it was a brand new suit.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:24pm
I know many that run vortex suits and they love them...

Eagle suits cramp my hardy boys (and it's no mystery)..vortex seem taller to me and more flexible...IMHO
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:43pm
Does it make sense to have a barefoot suit as your all around wetsuit?

I just have a shorty that one of my neighbors gave me. It's pretty good for early fall skiing, but I know it's not designed to barefoot or for colder water. Not sure the make of it.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 7:44pm
We never wear wetsuits, just barefoot suits on the show ski teams.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 8:08pm
Most "barefoot" suits are not USCG approved, to wear a vest over one would be ridiculous.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 8:09pm
Who wears a vest over the barefoot suit?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 8:53pm
Most show suits are Jump Suits...

I have worn Eagle, Vortex, and Intensity suits for show suits.

If I'm barefooting I wear my BI suit, if just messing around I have an old vortex Jump suit...

Here is a good deal for a good all around suit:

http://www.lakeelmosports.com/product.php?productid=197&cat=3&bestseller=Y
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 9:19pm
A mates oldest son recently purchased one on Ebay in Australia.
Vapour Suit Ebay in Oz
Suit appears to be good quality and have some nice features like the drain holes and they are far less restricting than my Wing barefoot suit. They have a lot of stretch type panels sewn in.
The son commented on how well it slide on top of the water his only negative comment was that he felt that the padding on the upper back should have been thicker like the padding on the lower back.

The tag states that they were made in China I thought they were a US made suit? So I will keep my eye on it for quality and robustness.
My suit is much thicker and I feel like I am in one of those Sumo wrestler suits when I have the suit on with Lane's Iron shorts. But I could butt glide forever without feeling a thing.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Most "barefoot" suits are not USCG approved

FALSE
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 2:27am
What the heck kinda suit you wearin?

Send me some links to some USGA barefoot suits I'm curious!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Most "barefoot" suits are not USCG approved

FALSE

I have only had one (intensity) suit that had the USCG label in it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 12:09pm
Me too.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 12:10pm
Me three.
Merkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 12:47pm
Me for.

Please share the info of ones that are.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 12:51pm
I "eight" the sandbox"
Bert & Ernie

I know I should have waited to for someone to say "me seven" but I don't have a lot of time. I'm busy at work.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 12:55pm
Are you guys all saying, "Show me some barefoot suits that are USCGA"? Or are you saying you all have an intensity suit that has a USCGA lable?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 1:00pm
I dont have an Intensity, but I have seen one that was USCG approved. Ive never seen another brand that is USCG approved though... BI, Eagle, Vortex, Gladiator, IT, etc.
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 2:15pm
My dad had an O'Neil barefoot suit many years ago that was USCG approved. It was the only one we had ever seen.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Are you guys all saying, "Show me some barefoot suits that are USCGA"? Or are you saying you all have an intensity suit that has a USCGA lable?

Would you like some pictures or can you take our word for it?
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 2:41pm
Thanks but no thanks watrski. I thoroughly appreciate the information you all have provided though.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2010 at 3:40pm
I have seen some thick Casads that may have been approved, but of recent suits not a whole lot.

Anyway, my original point was that I don't feel it's a good (safe) idea to do all your skiing w/o an approved flotation device on.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2010 at 4:09am
agree
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic