NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vote

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 25>
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2010 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you got guys that were busting 100k and are looking for those 100k jobs and after time they are starting to realize there just are'nt those type of jobs out there, they get to the end of the line and then they must take a job, re-evaluate their lives and adjust the money going out, down size and live within their means

So if they are suppose to take a job that pays $300-$400 a week and unemployment sends a check for $585 where is the incentive to take the job?
Companies won't hire you because you are overqualified. They rather get a schmuck that will stay with them as opposed to a guy that will bail as soon as a good job comes along.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2010 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Looks like the Senate and the House have both passed the bill and it is headed to Obama for a signature.

Here's something interesting...

My Dad and I were talking last weekend about the extension of the current tax plan and its effects on the economy. He was telling me he was watching Neil Cavuto and Cavuto had a guest on the show that falls into the "rich", business person category. The question was posed to him about how the passing of this bill might effect his strategy moving forward regarding hiring, etc. The answer was that it won't change a thing in the way he is operating the business right now. He went on to explain that although this removes some doubt as to the upcoming business climate, since it is only an extension for two years, it doesn't give him much confidence for stability past that. Changing your hiring policy for a two year period of time isn't very smart business and can come back to bite you in ther butt. I wonder how many businesses are thinking this same thing. If it is a majority, you won't see much of a change in our current situation.

For me, personally, I'm glad they are staying in place because I can maintain status quo. I'm not going to run out and stimulate the economy, but I know I can continue my recent spending and saving pattern. If they had been left to expire, that budget plan would be reduced and I would be spending less to maintain the same level of savings I've been doing.

I believe that's absolutely true. The CEO of UPS said the same thing, and in fact expanded on that thought. He said that for business the higher taxes or lower taxes could be planned for as long as there was a long period of policy they could count on. He said large businesses plan in 5 and 10 year periods, so the government putting 1 and 2 year plans in place didn't help with future planning.

I hope the findings of the debt commission have an impact. The idea of lowering taxes in the face of overwhelming spending and debt doesn't make any sense to me. I'm all for lowering taxes, but lets get serious about reducing spending, and we all know that reduced spending can only happen with changes in entitlements.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2010 at 4:11pm
Its a start, maybe the "New" guys can make them permanent, I have been telling friends all along that every time Obama tries to fix something he just creates more uncertainty, we are best off when he is on vacation. In medicine they say "first do no harm", meaning if you havent got a clue what to do, do nothing until someone comes along that does.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 11:27am
Oh i can see the ammunition propanda in 2012....we extended the tax breaks, its the worst possible thing that couldve happened. you guy's need to realize under this "tax break" with creative accounting and dividend checks, i got every nickel back that i paid into federal personal income taxes...its a guilty feeling i get.
dont worry though the pubbys still wont get my vote
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 6:49pm
Eric, if you are making money and paying no taxes than you are doing something the fed wants to encourage, like running a business and employing people who inturn pay taxes, If they chose to discourage you and you close shop they lose that stream of income. It is a goofy system but thats what you get when you elect goofs. Anyway this is not the time to discourage people like you who employ others, that will only make unemployment worse. If you feel guilty you personaly can always send the fed some extra money, they wont turn it down. just stop telling them (with democrat votes) that you want them to take more from others.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2010 at 8:17pm
Nah, I think I'll keep it..might even send Obamarama a 20 spot with the Christmas card I'll be sending him lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2010 at 10:51am
Are all of you paying attention to the net nuetrality legislation that Obama is trying to push through as a gift to democrats for christmas? the government wants to control the internet especially how searches work and what comes up whena search topic is entered. they do not wish the internet to suffer the fate of cable tv and talk radio, (Unable to control conservative content)Basically the internet is a huge unregulated source of information, with complete freedom and the dems cant take it. First they will seek to control it and then to tax it. Remember, the first step any would be dictator takes is to gain control of the media.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2010 at 1:49pm
i usually dont believe much of what i hear, but statistics are a pretty good indicator of things....
can anyone provide a link to this?
stansberryresearch.com
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2010 at 6:56pm
Dave,

I've been watching to see what happens. I would say I am writing my representatives to tell them to vote against this, but they already will so I have nothing to worry about there. I really hope this goes down in flames. I see NO good in it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 10:13am
http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/WPSILC06/PR
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 10:18am
take one hour of your day and listen to the 1 hour video, this guy isnt looking into a crystal ball, he is basing everything on facts, there are alot of little clues everyday that solidifies his thoughts and facts, the headlines in the paper yesterday was "privatizing the correctional institutions accross the countries" states cant afford it.
The dollar, which is the only currency that can be printed at will with nothing backing it is starting to not be accepted in the world market.....A plus, on listening.
Dave, i expect you to definitely listen to this one lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 10:24am
its real funny, when I traveled outside the US, in the early 90's, everyone i worked close with would beg me to trade 100 bills for their currency, particularly the Boliva, i didnt understand why at the time...
I dont know how it is nowadays?
Anyone travel outside the country lately?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 11:07am

Dave, I expect you to definitely listen to this one lol

I promise I will, just can't say when, busy week.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 12:25pm
The more things change the more they stay the same!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:33pm
you to Hard. Things will start to make sense, its worth the hour, plus you will understand currency (as I didnt, to a point) and the inner workings of it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2010 at 8:34pm

take one hour of your day and listen to the 1 hour video, this guy isnt looking into a crystal ball, he is basing everything on facts, there are alot of little clues everyday that solidifies his thoughts and facts, the headlines in the paper yesterday was "privatizing the correctional institutions accross the countries" states cant afford it.
The dollar, which is the only currency that can be printed at will with nothing backing it is starting to not be accepted in the world market.....A plus, on listening.
Dave, i expect you to definitely listen to this one lol

Eric, Thanks, like I needed another reason to roll around sleepless at night. You do relize it is primarily your beloved Dems that have put us where we are. So did you join up? What actions are you personally taking after getting this information?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 11:20am
WE all put us in this situation...either this guy is on spot or he is so full of ***************....I tend to lean towards what he is saying is pretty much gospel??? I will say, my brother turned me on to the video and God Damn I went to his house for X-mas and he had a brand new AR in a case.
I can see alot of hidden warning signs such as ammo being 3 times the price or only lasting 6 months so you cant stock pile, kinda ties in Jesse Ventura's hidden bunker theory????
I put it out there for the intelligent to decide,
I did some more reading yesterday and started to realize petroleom turned into a commodity which now will create competition....the Europeons pay 6 bucks a gallon, and the trends are showing that gas prices are increasing??   these are just theories and i guess on needs to decides for themselves. I really think the only thing saving our asses is our strong defense....but the dollar is a more powerful tool than a nuke
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 1:18pm
there are 2 reactions, this guy is nuts or you'll lose sleep thinking about it....obviously, your thinking about it.
my personal take on it, im not gearing up for the apocolypse, or a coup....but it does seem to me the government is giving us "your on a need to know basis" but the signs are there.
Our country gets pissed off and sends out an all out ground invasion into the dessert and to date 8000 have died in the cause, So this tells me there are no scruples and If another country wanted to knock us on our knees, it could easily be done economically, and a little evidence of this is the World trade centers.
If i was lets say Japan, and a couple of big firecrackers were dropped in my back yard and with no sense of retaliation because i didnt have the means, and i knew i could economically over time move my Risk pieces, I surely would go that route......Do you really think they wiped their hands of 1945? Do you think the south is still pissed off at the North? and that was 200 years ago
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2011 at 2:20pm
Ever notice how when Barack and congress go on vacation the off topic section gets very quite. Nothing worth complaining about happens when they are gone. I think we should offer to pay them to vacation for the next year or two so the country can get itself back on track.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 11:06am
4.00 bucks by summer...just in time for ski season
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 2:03pm
Great to see we know own the house. And gained in the senate. Found out that the first thing on the agenda is to read the US Consititution to Harry Reid. Then also appeal the healthcare reform they passed. Its all un-constitutional. For the people, by the people, tell these demi's that it does not work the other way around.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 2:24pm

4.00 bucks by summer...just in time for ski season

Seems like that's what started the downward spiral in 2008. Wonder how it will effect us this time?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 3:45pm
listen to the 1 hour video....funny though, there is about 800 banks on the verge of collapse
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 4:52pm
I hear the the a big storm on the horizon is insolvency of states like CA, NY & NJ.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2011 at 4:55pm
Hey Bruce you forgot us in Illinois
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 10:06am
and Ohio, trying not to create fear and pull money. here is what really kills me and if you put it into perspective you'll get sick. when a bank lends you money it is almoat a guarenteed return unlike the stock market. I'll use this as an approximate example, when I bought this place 14 years ago with 20% down, i borrowed 120k, 14 years of payments at a thousand a month equals 180k, Now recently a couple of the places sold around me for the same money i purchased this place for, in which on my investment it should be around the 250k mark, its not, the banks already got their return, sht they made 60 k on me already, and if i miss 3 payments they come in, short sale the place an recoup another buck 20.....not a bad return on the banks part. if i knew then what i know now, I wouldve rented a place for half of that and banked the money.
I dont feel bad if a bank fails, when you look at these figures you just shake your head
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 10:14am
But Eric, you're looking at the value of your property in a down market. Wasn't it worth quite a bit more a couple of years ago? And, if you stay there a few more years, it will be worth more again. I think owning your place will work out in your favor over the long haul.

I'm with you on the banks, they made their own situation. I've been frustrated trying to work with some banks over the past couple of years, if it's not a sure thing they won't lend.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 10:33am
Gary, us in Maine too. We haven't been funding the state pension plan for years and that's coming due in a couple years. That's another big storm on the horizon that a lot of states have and that the Feds won't be able to bail out. Retired people are going to see their pensions cut.

Eric, human nature when it comes to real estate. When you buy and it goes up, it's because the buyer is a wise investor. When you buy and it goes down, it's because someone scewed you.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 12:35pm
I think failing municipal entities is the next huge debacle waiting to happen to the economy. It's more likely you'll see a series of failing cities rather than states, the federal government simply won't let a state fail. So, when Bayonne or Tucson or San Jose are ready to fail, what happens? The states will try to prop them up, but the state has no money. In our system the way a state or city with no money stays solvent is to issue bonds, which in the past were sought after for a decent tax free return. But, who will buy municipal bonds for a failing city in a failing state? They would have to offer a big interest rate premium to tempt people, and that just adds to the spiral. Scary stuff.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 12:54pm
Bruce, on personal property? there was an upward turn when i had my house appraised 8 years ago at the 190 mark, now its at the 150 mark...where is that lost value?
I thought at the time it was a wise investment.
apparently someone screwed me along the way....with a reach around lol

63, are you noticing city services are not as they once were....it is starting at local levels, i firmly can see the trend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122 25>
  Share Topic