NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BI shoe skis dim

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BI shoe skis dim
    Posted: February-17-2011 at 10:03pm
I might fab a pair of shoes skis here. Can anyone give the measure's of the BI's?

Thanks!!
kapla
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 11:36pm
Use some Chuck Taylers!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 2:35pm
I've tried Chucks and they suck. I suppose they offer your feet some protection from debris but in terms of a "training aid" they were actually detrimental IMO.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 2:44pm
Speaking of debris... I've always wondered, have any of you footers had any incidents where you foot over a twig/stick/log or any other object? Seems like it could have bad results.   
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 2:48pm
Ive heard of people hitting dead fish and it sounds nasty- removing fish bones from your foot sounds like no fun at all. A friend of mine hit his drop ski 10 years ago... talk about deep bruising. He couldnt really walk for quite a while.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 2:50pm
Worst I've hit was a live fish causing some bruising, I've heard of some nasty stuff though.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 3:34pm
So far no hits..but I was close though..

almost

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 3:37pm
Foggy morning, poor visability, after a lot of rain, hence some debris in the water. I footed over a board that had the pointy end of nails sticking up through it, and the ends of the nails were curved over. I went down, reached down to rub out the pain and my thumb sunk about 2-inches into my foot. My heel was pretty much dangling. Driver picked me up, 10-15 minute ride back to the ramp, loaded up the boat, about a 30 minute drive to the hospital, 31 stitches, a few days stay hooked up to antibiotics because it was kind of a stinky river.    Good as new, although I am missing some of the feeling in my heel.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 3:53pm
Two turtles and a school of crappie, but nothing to serious.
Merkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 4:02pm
Fequently hit beaver.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Merkin Merkin wrote:

Fequently hit beaver.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 4:08pm
quinner hits snakes all the time.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 6:26pm
Kap,

HW and I both made a pair of "Shoe Skis" out of Mahogany similar to those Brant has for sale, was going to take a pic for you but HW must have them as they are not here?? Look down the post and he lists the size.

Was doing a Double Barefoot Run with James Bragg at Green Lake in 2009 when a BIG fish jumped right in his line, if we would have been a half second sooner it would have been a direct hit, pretty scary stuff. IIRC Chris Mars was in the boat at the Time.

Shoe Ski Post
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 6:49pm
Thanks CQ for the link!!
Those seem to be way bigger than the BI´s?

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:05pm
Interesting Review on BF Central about the various shoe skis out there:

Shoe Ski Review
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:16pm
nice CQ!!! thanks a lot..
I´ll dedicate next set of pictures to you..and your sock...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:21pm
a little biased on the BFC product though..I wonder why?...
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:22pm
Kap, you use your boat harder than anyone on this site I think. Were you in a ditch in the middle of the amazon in that long line vid? lol

Glad you didn't take that log anywhere nasty.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:29pm
of course it was me!!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 7:31pm
From reading the reviews I might grab a pair of old tennis and glue an eva foam base to them...
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 10:18pm
i have barefootcentral's and they are as good as advertised. i used to have a pair of scarpa's which were good but the bfc are much more durable. pricey.....but worth it.   
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 11:24pm
I have always used shoes. I have a rather large arch in my foot and was also scared of hitting something in the water. I have always used an old pair of tennis shoes. I am 185lbs and foot at 32 mph.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2011 at 2:48am
ouch Larry.

For me it was a big ole dead carp on Sandusky Bay. Had just done a grave jump in front of a dock full of ski club friends and was looking over at the dock to make sure they all seen instead of watching where I was going. Went down like I was shot. Heel full of bones. We had a doctor in the club at that time and he dug out most of the bones right there on the dock in front of the crowd. Did not get them all which led to a very bad infection and a trip to the dr office for a bit more cutting and digging.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2011 at 10:26pm
yikes...
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2011 at 2:30am
I have had the bfi for years there ok. I foot with them around 30 mph my weight is 163 pounds. In the day I did wakes at 42 to 45 mph front 38 to 40 back and tricks at 42 mph. But now most of the time just freestyle at 42 mph learning some of the new stuff out there.    
NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR SELF YOUR FAMILY YOUR FRIENDS AND GOD THERE ALWAYS A NEW DAY
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2011 at 11:35pm
I've used the BFIs the scarpas and the BFCs, and despite Chuck's obvious bias toward his own product, I do concur with him. The BFIs, besides hurting my feet, give no comparable feel to barefooting and are slippery, as Chuck says. The Scarpas were fine tho the rubber booty felt flimsy and like it would fall off (tho I have to credit those with my first real breakthrough bacerds run) I like the BFCs the best. Firm feel, can compare to actually footing feel. I'd go for a set of those but at $120, I think I will continue to wear my son's hand-me-down size 15 board shoes, which have near the surface area, a firm feel, the flex that Chuck touts and a much more attractive price tag (free)
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2011 at 11:48pm
BFC(Chuck) does have a good product. Maybe the best. But, it ultimately up to you wether you think the benefits out way the cost. I do own a pair and they have help up well. Through thier use and instruction, I have been able to pulled some stuff I never would have tried. To me, they were worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic