NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 trailer work

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 14>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:35am
Marty put me down for 2 of the 60's style.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:37am
Marty, I'd like one of the 60 style. Thanks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Marty,
You couldn't find a more appropriate set of trailer lights? You've been sticking to the original restoration but now?????

They are made!

I have to agree with Pete... I just picked up a set to put on my sister's #2. I had some non-original ones that came on my Skier trailer... Pete felt compelled to destroy them and buy me new ones- so if you put those LED's on, dont park anywhere where he can get to them!

Here are the originals at Eastern Marine.

The ID tag looks awesome- pretty close to mine:

Id like at least one- just tell me where to send the check. If you have the 60's version made up, Ill take at least one of those too!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 1:44am
Artwork finished on 60's version. Ordered 10 today. E-mail me if your interested. I've gotten the 6 of you on this thread at the top of the list so far.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2010 at 12:29am
Here's the 60's Version guys!
I hope these things last. Didn't think about that. Just wanted to get these made up asap.I guess they're better than nothing huh?

66 Skylark
93 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2010 at 1:02am
Looks great Marty,thanks for all work you have done.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2010 at 3:33pm
Hey Guys with low bump boards-- 2x6--2x8 ???
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2011 at 8:59pm
78'F Today Saturday the 19th guys. Got the Bunks on the #2

66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2011 at 11:36pm
Looks great.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 1:09am
It does look great Marty,can't wait to see it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 8:33am
Marty,
It came out looking fantastic plus, it doesn't have as Tim describes them, the "goofy" looking guide ons!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 11:12am
Not yet anyway.Just wait til Art confirms the very rare option,then everyone will want measurements to recreate
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 2:16pm
Gary, does that look like the 'right' angle on the cut for the bunks??
66 Skylark
93 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2011 at 5:43pm
Looks fine Marty,I think that the bevel just helps the boat slide up when loading.The hull sits on the flat part anyway for the most part.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 10:30pm
Trial Fitting. Will cut some of the tops of the poles too.
Doing something different. 4" pipe welded to flat bar that's bolted to the trailer. Then drilled holes through pole and pipe, then will use a 'hitch pin' to secure. This method done to 'Pacify' the OE look. Can take them off when cleaning or 'showing' the boat.

66 Skylark
93 SN
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2011 at 10:51pm

Looking real nice Marty...
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 9:37am
You have me motivated to get working on my trailer.   I have some chine chips / dings I need repaired.   I may take it to the local fiberglass guy and have the boat left behind for those repairs while I work on getting my trailer painted and re carpet the bunks.   My lights are working fine - although the wiring is pretty brittle - may just replace all the wiring while I am at it.

Then she will be ready for the serial no. tag and the silver Correct Craft bumper stickers for the frame rails!

Are we going to see yours at the SJRR?
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 1:02pm
If it's finished by then.
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 3:05pm

66 Skylark
93 SN
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 3:07pm
Marty, that trailer looks great
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 3:10pm
Whats in the last picture?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

If it's finished by then.

We know you well enough Marty that you'll have her done by the SJRR. Less than a month away. No pressure but if the Doc can restore a boat you can handle a trailer.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 3:26pm
Last pic( above pics ) is the Spare Tire Mounting Brackets--self made of-course
Here's the PICS you guys might SALIVATE on

66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 7:15pm

66 Skylark
93 SN
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 7:31pm
sweet!
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 8:27pm
Looks great Marty! Cant wait to do mine.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 8:39pm
Marty, where did you get the black rubber tubes for your guide poles? They're really nice.

Ken
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 8:47pm
Marty - Love the LED lights!

You might want to cut a drain slot in that wire hose - otherwise water will stay in there all the time.

Did you locktite the bunk hex nuts? My experience is that they won't stay tight (due to the wood swelling & drying) out without double nutting - but locktite would work too.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Marty - Love the LED lights!    

Did you locktite the bunk hex nuts? My experience is that they won't stay tight (due to the wood swelling & drying) out without double nutting - but locktite would work too.

Yes on ether locktite or nylocks. It's come up before. I personally went through the problem with one trailer.

LED's??? I think Marty should have followed Tim's advice!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2011 at 11:18pm
The rubber hose thing I was trying. It's a 3/8 fuel line slit to fit into that 1/2" hole. Was gonna silicone once done, but I'll tackle that when I finish the wiring. Deciding on clearance lights now--probably not OE. The bunk nuts-- I don't know why I put those on. Could go and 'brad' the ends-- but might try taking them off 1 at a time and putting the nylon nuts or loctite the ends.
As for the guide pole pipes-- bent those at a friends--
The pads are the ones TimD is gonna start making if these work out.

I got my mom to make a pattern up of the ones on the 93 SN, then she made the Black ones and some Red ones. TimD is screening a pair of those now.

I ordered the 'Foam Padding' from McMaster-Carr- Saturday and should have them by Wednesday.

Once the lights are on, then I'll get the Skylark on the trailer ,see where it 'Rides' well, fix a Bowstop, then tackle something that Pete and TimB won't like either.

I'm gonna extend the bunks(channel). If it's 12" or whatever, weld flat bar to the inside of the channel, bolt it to the trailer and fix a prop guard for 'Trailering'.
Then when I get to 'Show' it, unbolt the extension ,take the guide poles off, then a close to OE trailer will be left.
But, it'll probably never get 'that' opportunity. I'll just let 'YOU' guys 'rib' me on it.

66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic