NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 trailer work

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213 14>
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 11:31am
what happens if you want to go someplace with a steep ramp.....sounds like you are boxing yourself in . i would go with the ugly looking thing.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i would go with the ugly looking thing.

LOL!!!!   
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:28pm
What is it that you readers don't understand?

THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX!

Some of you act like I'm gonna use it as a pylon for skiing.

Again it was to draw attention and see what would be said and it could even be 'photo-shoped' in there. It does look like it's floating off the jack.
Again, not a permanent fix, the ramps aren't on a 70' angle, it's all concrete and asphalt.

Say what you want, snicker all you want, accuse me of being , it's all in fun, take a breath, and keep the insults coming. I can take it!

AGAIN THIS WAS A JOKE GUYS!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 2:33pm

You got me good Marty!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 5:11pm
Kevin, only you could've found that or even known that the TEST system was on YouTube
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 5:20pm
Wow I miss one day of school and ya'll have a food fight!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 6:49pm
by the way if you want to see ugly my trailer is from top to bottom and all around
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

I just might even change it up and put some CHAMPANGE Pinstripe on it

Heck with the Bow Stop, Wench and Jack. I can not believe Marty is going to put on a CHAMPANGE/PINK Pinstripe on that boat trailer.

Donald
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2011 at 12:15am
How about those Red Sox?

Sorry about jacking this thread, Mr. Hollywood, are you able to attend GL?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 2:47am
Well put the New Springs on today. I could stand on the old springs and they would flex. The new springs won't budge. Upon measuring it's an inch higher . Put some pics up later as Keegan came by and we started on his #2.. Grandaughter says, why do you have all these boat trailers in the driveway for Pawpaw? You the new 'BoatMax ' ?
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:13am
Yep Marty worked me all right! We got it apart, prepped, and mostly painted this weekend. Bunks are cut and drilled and everything is looking good... Except my hands I have been branded by the POR-15.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:38am

66 Skylark
93 SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 11:51am
Looking good, gentlemen. I assume Keegan's trailer is getting the POR-15 treatment? Marty, if youre starting a trailer refurb shop, Ive got a half dozen waiting for your treatment.

Edit: nevermind... just noticed Keegan's comment above. Ill have to check out your trailers in person- that POR-15 looks like it lays down nicely after brushing. If its nasty to work with, I imagine it should hold up nicely!

Marty, would you mind snapping a few better pics of the bow stop, guide poles and wheels/tires on that blue trailer? Shoot me an email.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 9:18pm
Marty,
You are the man! That Tshirt "Country Legends" T SHIRT is AWESOME! If my eyes don't decieve me, I'm thinking from left to right....
Ronnie Milsap, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson (or Kris Kristofferson) and Kenny Rogers. Am I right?

Man that is a cool shirt. Love it.

Trailer looks good too! No kidding, I really do dig the shirt
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 11:33pm
Steve,

He also has a Prince Purple Rain Tee Shirt.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2011 at 2:43am
Donald, You didn't mention my 'Purple' Thong
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2011 at 2:44am
Bring your #2's to NC. Keegan and I could probably knock one out in a weekend!!

I've got some 'surprises' for Keegan! Done a little 'extra' work today for a little detailing of some parts.

If he gets a perfect score on the trailer at WL--then he's gonna owe me big time
66 Skylark
93 SN
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:01am
So as excited as I am about the idea of reading 11 pages about a #2 trailer I am going to pass and try and pull some knowledge from you guys without reading....

Keegan has been really helpful with me trying to buy his neighbors 68 cuda and he was kind enough to send me some pictures of the boat to help get me excited about purchasing it.

Long story short, my friend will be delivering this boat to me from NC but I want to send my friend a new set of wheels, tires, and hubs with bearings and have him swap them before the trip north.

Here is a picture guys of the wheel and side profile.

I know there is talk about "solid original" rims but thats not my concern right now, getting the boat home safely is my concern here.

Any and all help is great.

And I will go back and read some of these 11 pages to help answer some of my own questions.

Thanks,
Eric
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 9:37am
Erik, Great to see you buying that Cuda! That is likely a #3 trailer, which is bigger. It probably has 14" 5 lug wheels. I don't think I would chance buying the stuff without looking at the trailer to verify what size everything is. The trailer looks like it's in decent shape.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 10:28am
Thanks Bruce. It does appear to be in decent shape. I understand what youre saying. Keegan Wright is kind of my liaison about this boat. At the bare minimum I want to send my buddy who is trailering this up for me new wheels and tires.

Keegan told me that the boat has not really moved much since 1999 so I am nervous as to the quality of the bearings at this point.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 10:40am
You never know until you check them out. I pulled an old boat out of the woods last fall that had been there for years and while the tires were rotted, the bearings were fine. On a road trip like your talking about, though, new bearings and tires are the way to go.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 11:04am
That is a great looking boat. It will be a great project.

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 11:37am
Finished the bunks on Keegan's #2 last night. Wiring and fenders left. Then show him how to do the bearings.
66 Skylark
93 SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 12:22pm
Oh man, Marty- youve gotta help Keegan with those lights!

Eric, awesome news about that 'Cuda! I would send your buddy there with new hubs, wheels/tires and a light kit. A new set of safety chains and some straps for the boat arent a bad idea either.

Can anyone confirm the spindle size on a #3 trailer? I havent taken either of mine apart yet... but Im hoping to reuse my old Ski Tique (#2) 5-lug hubs on my '80 trailer. Not sure if they both use 1" spindles or if the #3's got something larger. Ill be able to confirm that shortly- but maybe someone already knows?

The wheels will be 5 lug x 4.5" bolt pattern, most likely 14". If you buy new wheels with tires already mounted (which would be the quickest and easiest thing to do) then definitely hold onto the original rims- swapping the new tires over to them later on would be cool. I love the look of old school steel wheels on these trailers.

If Keegan has time, maybe he can verify wheel diameter, spindle size, etc? Maybe take a look and see if any other parts are in need of attention before a long road trip- springs, coupler, etc? Just a thought!

Eastern Marine has good prices and a good selection of trailer parts once you figure out exactly what you need.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Oh man, Marty- youve gotta help Keegan with those lights

Marty and Keegan,

If you decide against those lights..... I'll take 'em! They are "wicked" bright! They are a HUGE safety upgrade when traveling..... keep 'em or get 'em to me.......
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Oh man, Marty- youve gotta help Keegan with those lights!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 12:58pm
Pete here is one place I disagree with you.With all your tickets and accidents lately, your status as safety officer has been revoked
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Pete here is one place I disagree with you.With all your tickets and accidents lately, your status as safety officer has been revoked

It was one accident and that has nothing to do with LED trailer lights.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:30pm
I use portable lights, that way I can use the same set on different trailers.

Marty, I do like those LEDs.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:33pm
You are sooooo right! Get those LEDs off.............. and get them to me. I'll take all the crap.........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic