NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deposit on another 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 1:42pm
Post made.
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 3:51pm
hey derek if you want to come up to lake monomonoc sometime feel free to call,lost 2 out of 3 drivers this year.i promise we wont hang on any wakecrafts
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 12:07am
Originally posted by ddurkin ddurkin wrote:

I wakeboard...all over. I am looking for a boat so I can ride on the lake right next to my house, Lost Lake in Groton, MA.

I hear the Barefooters on Lost Lake dont like wakeboarders messing up their water

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 12:27am
Tell them to learn to foot better and deal with our 2000lbs of ballast!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 11:03am
they must realize that barefooting is like hot air balooning, 7 in the morning or 7 at night
"the things you own will start to own you"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 11:18am
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Tell them to learn to foot better and deal with our 2000lbs of ballast!

Don't make us mad. You won't like us when we're mad.
ddurkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddurkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 1:38pm
Haha...Thanks for the offer Brian, may have to take you up on that.

Fortunately for the footers on Lost Lake, I don't have a boat yet. However, us wakeboarders like the flat water as much as the footers/ skiers.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 3:03pm
Ha, Im pretty sure skiers of all types should stick together. Its the inconsiderate cruisers and jet skis that are the problem!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 5:22pm
Guess where I am with the new boat

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 5:33pm
I will bite.

You are at the lake.

Looks great in these pictures.

Congrats,

Donald
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 7:47pm
I can narrow it down. Given the fact that Orange Crush is in the background I can pretty much rule out my house. Congrats Eric. Cool looking boat. Glad it worked out.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 11:09pm
Eric,

Welcome back to Correct Craft ownership. Looks exactly like my boat with the colors reversed. The interior looks good from what I can see. Pop a nice 540 on her and you're golden. How's the 351 feel? I can actually see the reflection of Tim's rocky driveway on your hull. Not so bad.

Ken
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 1:33am
please give some details on the boat.looks good.congrats oh yeah,more pictures
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 1:45am
Not too many interesting details about this boat.

All stock except theres a different acme prop on there with some nicks and such. Ill be swapping it for a 542 soon. Started right up on a fake-a-lake which means that it starts and runs...we will see if its a real winner when I get it out on the lake and it shifts, doesn't leak, backfire, throw a rod through the block, etc.

Theres a lot of spider cracks and my speculation is it spent most of its life sitting in the water vs on a lift or trailer.

No idea how many owners shes had.

Floors and stringers seem decent. Theyre all ticking time bombs so its a matter of how long before it falls apart. No soft spots in the floor, floors still attached to the hull with no separation.

Interiors not perfect but a lot better than my last 86. Carpets OK at best.

As long as the lake test checks out well, Ill consider this boat a good deal.

More pictures will come after I wetsand her down
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 2:09am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Ha, Im pretty sure skiers of all types should stick together. Its the inconsiderate cruisers and jet skis that are the problem!

Inconsiderate cruisers?

Good luck with your new boat Eric. I' ll call you mid week

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Inconsiderate cruisers?

You know the type, Mike- the wally in the I/O doing donuts in the middle of the lake, or cutting you off when youre pulling a skier. Must be the "jet ski" mentality!

Eric, the boat looks good- and Im sure you'll have it shining in no time!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Inconsiderate cruisers?

Destroying MY water.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 2:15pm
Looks great! You going to have it back up at Tim's for next weekend?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Looks great! You going to have it back up at Tim's for next weekend?

I'll have the trailer but no boat on it. I am buying this project from Riley. 1968 barracuda SS full restoration.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2011 at 11:38pm
I started some wetsanding on the boat tonight. The 10 foot section came up nicely, the spider cracks didn't "disappear" as much as I had hoped they would.

Tim- I know we talked this weekend about spider cracks. What grit did you go to in order to get them to fade.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 12:18am
Eric, go as far as you need to smooth the area of the crack- to the point you cant feel it with your fingernail anymore. Hopefully by then youre throught the oxidation as well. Smoothing it out and restoring the color is as good as you can do- from more than a few feet away it will be way tougher to see them.

I think I went down to 320 on the deck of my '90.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 12:21am
Cool, thanks Tim. 320 got it smooth and got rid of the oxidation.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 11:59pm
Here are some pictures from last night and tonights work.

It was slow going at first deciding which grit to go down to. Eventually I decided 400 was good. 400,600,1000,1500 grit paper.

These pictures are with super duty compound and a quick coat of wax. I still have to do the finishing steps but I want to do all the finesse-it and wax at one time since ill be slinging compound and sky blue gelcoat liquid for the next week after work.

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 12:04am
Looking good there. Looks like you are enjoying the new quite well..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

nike air max 2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nike air max 2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:01am
nike air max 2011 is the most successful in recent years, a shoe. Not only because of the quality and 100% price guarantee and also we supply all nike shox welcomed by many customers from around the world, they often found that the length of the right to run. air jordan 2010 as the world's most popular shoes, its unique appearance, quiet feel, can show you better have a good taste, at the same time, nike shox torch can slso support cutting breathable, flexible design, open cage net cage covered by combination of insole molds to your feet in the quiet and the shape of the foot support. new jordan shoes 2010, jordan retro shoescan increase the length of the quiet end of the degree. The new damping system, combined with a suitable natural gait movement works, all are designed to bring you the most tranquil experience.Welcome to visit us:http://www.nikejordanlink.com .
nike air max 2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nike air max 2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:02am
You can find cheap and discount nike air max 2011, nike shox torch, air jordan 2010, jordan retro shoes, new jordan shoes 2010 here.You are welcomed to visit :http://www.nikejordanlink.com.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:03am
Get out of my thread you dirty spam diarrhea
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:58pm
AHH SPAM!! Eric,
Your pics are like deja vu, That is what I have been doing the last two weeks. I wet sanded for days and then started using the yachtbrite rubbing compound it worked really well. The next step is their gelcoat polish. Its not supposed to be a wax but a polish sealer. Do you think it would be beneficial or harmful to wax over that polish? Here is a before and after the compound, it worked really well.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:08pm
Eric...is that by hand or with a DA sander? Looks great so far! Love the reverse gels, especially that blue. Probably my favorite 2001 color combo.

One other question...how do you manage to go around the decals, or do you just go right over them with the sanding?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:29pm
I used this bad boy with a 500 grit foam pad for the wet sanding. http://www.festoolusa.com/products/rotex-sanders/ro-150-feq-rotex-sander-571810.html
Also I took all my decals off becuase I wanted to replace them and thought this would be a good opportunity to do the best job by them not being in the way
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic