NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Door Ajar" dash light?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Door Ajar" dash light?
    Posted: July-22-2011 at 11:05am
This is about as off topic as you might find on a boat site, but I cant find any info via googling. My wifes 2000 Pontiac Montana has a "door ajar" warning light in the dash that flashes sporadically.

I lightly sanded and cleaned the contacts on the sliding doors, but didnt help. I'm guessing there are sensors in the side doors and back hatch?

Anyone else run into this?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 12:09pm
You should be able to get a wiring diagram on AutoZone.com.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 12:37pm
The back hatch/window is often the culprit in an intermittant door open issue in my experience.. good luck tracking it down, usually by the time I get a meter in hand the sporatic problem sportically disapears before I can diagnose it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 1:11pm
Thanks guys.. I was really hoping the sliding doors corroded contacts were the issue. Have to figure out where the switches/sensors are for the individual doors and hatch. Must be in the latch assy's..

I'm afraid its going to act like an old refrigerator light switch..where it works sometimes..sometimes not.

Joe, sounds like you made it home ok... good to see you again at GL! it was a great time!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 1:22pm
Yeah the Northeast caravan had a pretty much uneventful trip home after a great time and a full day Sunday at GL.. watersports in the morning.. afternoon on the sand bar.. dinner at the goose and then down the road. It was great to see everyone that was able to make it out.. I always struggle with the term "reunion" to describe these events but in many ways they are getting pretty close to a family reunion.

The heat followed us home and I have a nice string of watersports after work going every night since I got back. People should be planning a way to get out to NH for the NE reunion if we can keep up this weather the water should be 80 plus.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 10:36am
Steve, normally you have to replace the complete latch, had the same problem on a door latch in my jedi, that thing would intermitantly beep me crazy
"the things you own will start to own you"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 10:56am
Eric,
One good thing is this does not beap...just a 3"x2" yellow warning light. Not too bad in the day, at night, just put something in front of it.

Biggest prob, is trying to figure out which switch is the problem?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 12:33pm
Solution: 3X2 piece of electrians tape.
hasbeenskier
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

Solution: 3X2 piece of electrians tape.

I thought about that.. problem is the oil change, check engine, etc warnings are in the same "screen" ..

....dont know how we survived before this warning crap was invented..

come to think of it, the "change oil" light has been coming on as well... oil has a bit over 1800 miles on it, so maybe the tape's not so bad an idea..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 3:04am
May need to adjust the door because the hinges and latch maybe worn.This may be causing your switch to not connect properly
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:39am
someday Gary it will flash "Penzoil oil change" for the endorsement they'll pen a million dollar deal
"the things you own will start to own you"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:30pm
And combine that with gps and it will tell you what specials are at the store your passing too. "Stop in for your free prostrate exam"   "Feeling violated? We can get you a cash settlement" Dewey,Cheatem and How esq
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

someday Gary it will flash "Penzoil oil change" for the endorsement they'll pen a million dollar deal

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

"Feeling violated? We can get you a cash settlement" Dewey,Cheatem and How esq

its my money AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic