NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marauder 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
Author
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 3:51pm
I knew the 318 would draw a little criticism.   
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 4:36pm
I hope your kidding I think after all the work you'd be diappointed in the performance
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 5:31pm
Fitting a small block in place of a big block would be an awful lot of work for half the power. That big ass boat needs big ass power!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

That looks like a great boat and a rare model at that. It's certainly worthy of a 440. It's the same hull as the Wildcat and many of those came with 318's. I have friends that have one and it ran 45 mph and had plenty of power. They eventually repowered it with a 351 and wish they had stuck with the 318. That's a plenty nice enough boat to stick with an older, original type of engine.

Bruce....wanna chime in here?

I realize it ain't gonna be a racer but I am not in need of one either. Like I said earlier it is a place to start
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 1:00am
scott

send me an email if you are interested in the bow rails for your southwind. thanks bill
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:54am
My friend's Wildcat went good with the 210 hp, 318. Our Barracuda with the same engine was faster our of the hole, but only edged it out at top speed. I bet more Wildcats sold with 318's than any other motor. The big blocks were a great option, but if finding one is going to prevent you from restoring the boat, I wouldn't hesitate to use a 318 if one comes along.
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 11:52am
Just to keep you looking for a 440 this boat up for sale over here but sure its been run in salt water because of where it is but sure pushes it along well.

Its up on our Ebay now un known ski boat
boat running with a 440
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 3:41pm
freight might be a bit much.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 4:05pm
Consider running a BB lefty before going small! Easier to remedy down the road.

If the 'balance' is perfect spinning righty with a driver, then it follows it will be perfect spinning lefty with a passenger. Especially with a hottie with ample, uhm, flotation.

Were cc's designed for loners or something?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 9:33am
im with you gotta, can anyone remember the pic with 79 in his boat and it was low to the starboard? post if you can
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 2:41pm
Bill, I got your email... but I didnt see a return email address listed in your message, and you have it set to private in your profile.

Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

With a 225hp 318 in that 19', 2650 lb (according to the Wildcat weight called out in the '68 brochure) hull, my best guess for a prop would be an Acme 542. Thats really just a guess though.

If you have a Federal 13x13 kicking around or one that you could borrow, it might be good to get some baseline performance numbers with that before spending money on a new wheel.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2011 at 8:50pm
Thanks Tim. I did not know that about the email sorry. The 13 x 13 was going to be my first shot but thought I would get a second opinion. Thanks
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 12:43am
where are the Mopar guys when you need them????

help with parts for Chrysler 440 in argentina
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 1:03am
Luchog

My search for a 440 is slow. I have a 318 in the shop now. Gonna go that route to ge it on the water. What parts do you need exactly?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 2:11am
Well, the engine owner is missing the bellhousing, we are looking one used around but i fear it wont happen. Is there somewhere I could get a price for one (new or used) in the US?

Does the 440 share the BH with any other engine?
Do all the Chryslers V8 share the same starter?
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 12:32pm
440 shares the same bellhousing bolt pattern with all B/RB/hemi engines, which are the 361, 383, 400, 413, 426, 426hemi, and 440. The starters are all the same, pending rotation.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 1:48pm
Could this end your search?!

wildcat 440 posted by Tim Benjamin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 10:05am
Chris

Thanks for the lead. Distance is a contributing factor to my slow search. I am going with the 318 for now. You still need to stop by and take a look!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 10:36am
it looks as if the's bh's I have came off the back of Ford 427's
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 5:44pm
thanks for looking Eric, this one will be though, I've started considering a replacement engine as there just too many parts missing on this one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:38pm
luchog

there are two 440's on ebay. stndrd and reverse rotation.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2011 at 11:48pm
Bill, I need to exhaust my local options first as importing expenses are currently unknown as customs have new stronger policies for most things.
This would be a good policy IF we had local production of these items.

Also, I'd not be able to import an used part, I'd need a brand new one or a used one disguised as "new".

thanks for looking.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 2:33pm
Bill, my schedule is going to be crazy this month. I'm headed to Austin at the end of this week and will be out of town for a week or more.

Hold on to those pieces for me and I'll be out maybe at the end of the month or soon after.

How is the rest of the boat coming?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 6:03pm
Chris. The rest is slow. Was in Italy for 2 weeks and am in the
Middle of harvest now. The parts are not going anywhere until you geft them so no worries.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 1:07am
For those of you that may be interested.....Art Cozier emailed back today and informed me that he could find hull id numbers on both sides of mine but not a match to the one i have.    He also stated that he would continue his search in the hopes of finding something of interest.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 11:07am
Maybe it was a hush-hush prototype?   

Howdy to Art.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2011 at 10:42pm
You mean like my trailer Greg?   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:31am
Got to do a little work this week. Pulled the "full" fuel tank (20 years old), picked out surprisingly dry foam from around the exhaust hoses to the outlets, removed drive shaft, prop, and stuffing box. Not much if any rot in the areas I have touched so far. My "motor repair man" is about at the half way point. After the foam removal job I have a new found respect for all who have done entire boats. What a PITA.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 9:35am
I love how the the rich and famous actors tell their stories of how before they were famous that they would spend 10 hours a day on their feet waiting on tables, lol, that was for your new found respect comment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2012 at 10:06am
Here is a little info I received from Art Cozier yesterday. What a great resource and person he is!

Bill..... At long last I have the Microfiche viewer at Correct Craft repaired and I have found the records on your boat. The engine was installed on September 5, 1970 and the boat was shipped to Midwest Correct Craft in Angola, IN on September 14.    The engine logbook reads "300 Chrysler M440-BWR10-233E0-77396." That if fact would be a 440, but it would not have had any notation about turbos.    These same numbers appear on the invoice.

I know that the Chrysler serial number system would have interpreted as follows:

M440 = Marine 440 cu. in.
BW = Borg-Warner transmission
R = Right-hand propeller rotation
10 = 1 : 1 ratio transmission
233E0 = I don't know what this means. It could have been a Chrysler designation for turbo.
77396 = Engine serial number

The boat was built with a Candy Apple Red hull and deck with a taffy ivory accent stripe. It had a full bench seat, a mirror, and a folding vinyl Bimini top. The invoice also reads "Ozite -- Special order Red," which I assume is either the vinyl on the Bimini top or the vinyl floor covering. I am not familiar with the term Ozite.

Marauder # 13367 is the closest hull number I could find to yours, and it was built tow days after yours for Cypress Gardens and had a 290 hp Holman & Moody engine. We didn't always necessarily build boats in strict order of serial number.

If I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Art
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic