Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6667686970 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 4:06pm

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 4:57pm
Thanks Larry,

I meant to go back and fix that but you beat me too it!

Thanks again to Tim for the instructions and the threat of punching me in the face if I didn't listen
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 1:51pm
Ha, no problem- motivation tailored to your specific needs!

Send me those pictures, if you dont mind- Eric might like to see them too.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 1:57am
finally after two month i got to hit the water this sunday.
water was nice, but me out of training, after 3 2 minutes runs, I was burned, couldn't hold the handle....

water was not could, could have gotten away with the regular suit with long sleeves...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 9:59am
Ouch!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 10:05am
Good to see you back in action Kap, looked pretty good to me
levin
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 7:11pm
Looks good, Seb. I had the boat in the water, but due to rushing to get going (dang wife) some key components were left in my garage 2.5 hours away. Hopefully this week, we'll get out!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 4:20pm
frustrated here. Footfungus and I went out this morning with the sole purpose of working on those tumble ups and riding in the 3 point position. Handle to hips works wonders on getting turned around forwards. Also, the previous tips on slowing the boat speed down helped a lot too. We were pulling around b/w 25 and 30mph. Our problem was mostly spray in the face when in the 3 point position. It was all but unbearable for me.   John had a better go at it and seemed to be more comfortable with it today. Knees are together. What's the secret to eliminating spray while in the point?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 8:02pm
video?
Where is the spray coming from?

Personally I don't stay in the 3 point for long. It's just a quick transition stage for me.

Goggles and noseclip eliminates spray issues. See right through anything. No water in the nose(notice how most barefooters when they get up they wipe their nose- for some reason they think a noseclip is less cool than constant nose wiping or a big trail of snot across your chin ??? LOL)

Really need to see your 3 point to help.

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 8:10pm
Kap , Both those vids end in just mighty wipeouts LOL

Those hurt 3 days later.
This is the life
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 10:55pm
unfortunately our video pro, my wifey, wasn't with us. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some footage for critiquing.   The spray feels like its coming over top of my knees. I tried feet further out, further back, leaning forward/backward more, etc and still to no avail. Control wise I felt right on the money, even stood up and sat back down a few times with zero problem. Its just the spray all but blinds us. Only thing we were able to notice is it goes away if we lift our feet out of the water and butt glide, so it has to be something wrong with how we're 3 pointing i guess.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 10:28am
You might try a bit of a pigeon toe stance while keeping you ankles under your knees. Again, some video would be nice especially for those of us to far from home and all the fun!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 2:40pm
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Foot_Fungus Foot_Fungus wrote:

The spray feels like its coming over top of my knees. .

I suspect that your feet are a bit to far forward, you really got to crank them in to your butt with your knees locked together - it's not a very comfortable or easy position to get into. Pigeon toe trick helps too, also slow the boat down even more, if you are just riding in the 3 point, you can really go slow 22 to 28 mph is plenty. Video's will help.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

My 7 year old first attempt at footing

Great first step - she definitely got the feel of the water supporting her. AWESOME!
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 12:18am
yea you make a good point on the feet, when I stood up and came back down I actually "sat on my feet" and the spray did get noticeably better, but you're right it sure did feel funny. Kinda reminded me of the old days at the skating rink when you would sit down on your skates to go under the limbo poll lol.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 11:56am
Brendan Paige will be here next week in Fort Worth for a clinic if anyone wants to come to Texas. PM me and I'll give you more details.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 1:53pm
My ski buddy on his 5th or 6th try at bacerds.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 3:08pm
what boom is that one?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 3:10pm
been watching some lane´s videos on how to nail backs..will make sure to try again next time out...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 3:11pm
Ive had 2 white booms (pink trim) that were branded Hydronetics. I had one hollow and one solid... the latter was an exact clone of the Casad, which was VERY similar to BI's design. They may have all been produced by the same company.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 3:54pm
Casad. And a old one for sure.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 2:33pm
so i was out yesterday. little windy though but did some sets, first on the bare feet, and a couple of runs on the shoes as water was choppy. no tricks just some cruising around...
Now question for Andy, seems like the ankle straps on the drysuit are long when adjusted, and they throw this anoying little spray over my face. Even closing the knees the drops get to my eyes. I know they come from the drysuit as when using the wet suit I don´t experience this.
I´m really considering using gogles, what should I look for? regular skiing one? or are there special one for barefooting?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 3:06pm
Just one of the many reasons I don't like the bi dry suit. Tether them up out of the way.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

I´m really considering using gogles, what should I look for? regular skiing one? or are there special one for barefooting?

I have used regular competition swimming goggles for years.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 5:56pm
Larry, you know I´m a face plant perfectionist, so don´t know if using the swim goggles can affect that move.
Did you ever had problems using them? loosing them is the less of my conscerns, problem would be if they break during a fall, my eyes could catch plastic pieces?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 6:37pm
Lost a few, but in consideration of the quantity of my face plants, a very small percentage, and that can always be reduced by cinching them down even more. They are so small and snug, they really don't catch or make the impacts (to your face/eyes) any worse than without. I have never gotten hurt because of them or had them break. Have never felt any unpleasant impacts to face/eyes. I have considered a tether to my suit so as to not lose them, but never bothered, like I said, that's very rare. If you do have an unusually spectacular fall and they get yanked off, chances are they are floating around you somewhere. (I am here reminded of the Scarecrow's line from Wizrd of OZ..."they took my arms and threw them over there and they took my legs and threw them over there" Ever have one of those days?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 7:45pm
It adds another item to the 'yard sale" of a spectacular wipe out a crash is always better when parts fly off.

I like the mask style goggle, I've used some from Bugz and I've used the Speedo ES-1 which I think is the best - (they don't catch water on back deeps)unfortunately Speedo does not make them anymore. I have face planted plenty in them with no trouble, I use a key float and also attach my nose clip (from REI whitewater rafting) right to the goggle so its always there. The Bugz floated- kind of - once I crashed so hard in them it tore the lens out of the frame and the lens sank. Bugz sent a new lens free.

With goggles you can see right through a deepwater start, watch the plume of water shooting straight up from your crotch falling back on your face, no spray will ever bother you again. Plus if you get a rope stuck on the prop you can see what the hell is going on when you dive down there.

Here's an old friend who introduced me to the Speedo goggles. I miss skiing with Jeff.
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

With goggles you can see right through a deepwater start, watch the plume of water shooting straight up from your crotch falling back on your face, no spray will ever bother you again. Plus if you get a rope stuck on the prop you can see what the hell is going on when you dive down there.

nice feature for you guys with clear water...not for me and our muddy water
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 3:48am
Skiing with Brenadan P. in about 5 hours. Wish me luck....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6667686970 152>
  Share Topic