Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Midwest Mini-Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 10:35am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Rob,
What happened to the boat???? Hell, you can always grab a ride if you're going to come up.. Powers is in between Fox Lake and Lake Geneva off od Rte 12 in WI...

Moj'

Remember the "lifter noise" at the sandbar Saturday? It was actually a piston banging on the cylinder wall. Pretty ugly to fix, and it's unfortunately not in the budget this year.

Rob

Rob, I'll trade ya for the Tique !!! Hell, whats a top end rebuild anyway??? Just kidding.. Hate to hear that my friend !!! Well lets plan something anyway so you can come out and drink with us !!!

Chris, Ha Ha I get it !! Well enjoy yourself down there in Paradise and check in when ya get back..

Well, if we don't nail a date down now, we'll run out of summer... Labor day is out. The lakes empty out usually then.. What about the very next weekend??

Moj'
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 10:38am
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I know I would like to attend a reunion somewhere. Renee and I have wanted to go to the CC reunion in Ohio, but never worked out. If you don't mine a newbie coming, I would love to check out everyones boats and learn some tricks. Lets get a definite date and time!

Absolutely Weitekampt !!! Where are you from?? Our big events are over for the summer, but we had to much fun and some of us want to get together again for an afternoon before the covers go on !!! Still working on the date and time..

Moj'
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 11:24am

Well, if we don't nail a date down now, we'll run out of summer... Labor day is out. The lakes empty out usually then.. What about the very next weekend??

Moj'

Sounds good to me.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:09pm
Sounds good to me also.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:37pm
Crap, I just double checked... I'm out of town that weekend.. Booked a last minute vaca with the little woman to Key West. Couldn't pass up a chance at a free condo on the beach...

It really is a good weekend to get together.. Lakes calm down considerably, and people are partied out from the weekend before. If you so decide to do it, have a killer time...

Moj'
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:41pm

Crap, I just double checked... I'm out of town that weekend..

How about the weekend after that?
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:01pm
I am open for any weekend that will work out for the rest of you
1974 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:13pm
Yep, even better.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 4:34pm
mmmmmmmmm, I'll have to check.. My social calendar is a mess.... Well then again that comes with marrage !!!

Moj'
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 11:10pm
I wanted to attend the reunion up in Wisconsin. We were actually 40 miles or so from there that day. We were traveling to Minnesota for vacation. The boat almost steered the truck your direction. I am from the Champaign, IL area. We travel all over though. It is probably a far drive, but there is a awesome lake called Mill Creek down in Marshall Illinois. Beautiful lake and campgrounds. Just a thought if people were looking for a south location. Also Clinton lake. Water is 98 degrees at the nuclear power plant discharge. Yuck, but there is cool water too.

thanks for the invite! I will keep watching for a date. If I were to come, the weekend before Labor day would be cool or the weekend afterwards. Fairly flexible.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:19am
I'd take a southern location. I went to an MBO gathering 3 years ago on Shelbyville and we absolutely loved it. Amazing lake for boating.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 10:52pm
Well, if you want warm water, Clinton is the place. Like last post it is a Nuclear Power Plant lake. There is cold water there though. Shallow places to walk on, but safe depth. Good crowds. I haven't been to shelbyville on the weekends for years. Went last year for an hour or so. Not opposed to it. Again, Mill Creek is great. FYI though. Just want to go to one of these reunions. Love the boats and would like to see others.

Later
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:28am
Still here in Minn...looking over the lake as I type ...and finally online!

This fall thing looks good to me...where ever!

Shelbyville becomes a great spot as fall approaches...after labor day , traffic is gone!
water quallity is good, water temp will be cool but not cold...and pretty of facilities(launches,camping etc).
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:25pm
Gary: Did ya notice the Orange '72 on e-bay? Wish I could do a link like the smart guys on here. Looks cool. Wish I'd saw one before I bought the '80. Glad you are back on, ain't seen ya much.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:33pm
john just click and drag over the link's address starting with www then right click the mouse and drag down to copy, then on the post it the tree icon just above the the window your typing in and another window will pop up, then click the pointer in that window and right click the mouse and drag down to paste, you might have to ask patty about proper mouse use if you run into trouble.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:37pm
Hey damn it! thats my boat...what the he-- is going on...as soon as I leave town one of the nieghbors feels a need to sell my stuff!

Ok ..it's not! Damn good price now with 8 hrs to go! Hope a member gets it! I wish I wish...twins would be sooo cool!

The wife got the laptop on line now! We are having a great time !
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 8:44pm
John...did'nt make the reserve...wonder what it was???

Anyway...a fall thingy!!! I am in...someone figure out when and where.
stang

The Super Air

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 1:54am
Hollywood- looked for ya Sunday morning, well, whatever time I got up - you was gone! Wanted to give ya a pull. We gots to get these crews together! Powers?

Anyway, I'd be in for a fall get together! My buddies and I always do a fall run to Shelbyville or Mill Creek. Love those two lakes. Camping is good at either, Mill is much smaller. Powers Lake or the Chain works as well. In!
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 2:00am
Shelbyville a couple of weeks ago...

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 7:24am
Shelbyville is amazing. The water goes for miles. It's a bit of a hike to get down there though- every bit of 4 hours for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:20am
I guss I am in luck becaues shelbyville is fairly close to me. So I am in for that. Where would more people attend. Up north on one of the lakes or down south at Shelbyville/Clinton. I would think that turnout should affect decision.

I will throw this out...September 9th which is the weekend after Labor Day. I would be up for the 2nd, but sounds like people have plans.

Responses???
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:58am
I'm pretty sure we'd be in for anything after Labor Day, we'll drive down to Shelby if that's where everyone's going.

Labor Day plans so far look like we're going to try to stop by Powers Lake on Saturday and hook up with the PLBC crew if they're around. Then head to Green lake Saturday night and hook up with Mojo's gang Sunday. We'll camp wherever we find a spot.

Hooked up with Hollywood Saturday at Boot Camp and for just hanging around drinking a few beers we had a pretty good time. Finally got to just relax on a saturday afternoon, that was sweet.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:26am
Gotwake: we took off after getting up on Sunday, thanks for the offer though. Boot Camp was pretty fun and will consider Fall Fallout with the '88 in tow.

81nautique: thanks again for the pull down the river and letting us hang out on your boat. We'll definitely be out at the rock bar the saturday of Labor Day weekend, all are welcome.

Shelby looks dandy.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 12:14pm
For those that are seriously planning on doing this lets pick a central location or one that most of the attendees are located.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 1:21pm
Seriously, the best weekend for us would be 2 weeks after labor day, sept 16-17. Shelbyville for me is 4 hours, that's a managable drive for us. If we go that far south we might get some of the St Louis guys to take a drive over and join us. We're pretty flexible so somebody make a decision and we'll be there.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 2:17pm
16 and 17th...the lake would be very low traffic...shelbyville is a beatifull lake in the fall! Great spot....26 miles long and sheltered ....always calm areas.
My buddy Brian who was at GL keeps a 32 foot carver there...and we know a bunch of local folks with big boats...might be fun to get a few party barges to tie uo to!
Hey..it might be in striking range for Paul and The lake....KC is what...6-7hrs???

My vote is either of those two weekends after labor Day...At Shelbyville!

Throw out something else too...I need to check the schedule...one of those weekends, our ski club is having a pig roast on lake Decatur...40 min drive from Shelbyville...we have a ramp , pavillion,picnick tables...plenty of docks....maybe that could work into things!
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:20pm
You have my vote too. Shelby the 16th and 17th. Shelbyville worked out great for me and the Malibu guys and I'm sure they'd stop by too. They are great guys despite their boat choices (JUST KIDDING people). I'll post some pics later of the course in Shelby and you'll be sold. For us Chicagoans it is a LONG and BORING drive... but well worth it. We stayed at a nice resort there called Eagle Creek or something... more details when I get home tonight. I may do a 3 day weekend if anyone wants to stay a bit longer. This will be great.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:26pm
Eagle Creek....I would hightly recommend that area...two close ramps...plenty of camping...or stay at the eagle creek facility!

That section of the lake is deeper as it is closer to the damn! And near the party cove!!

very nice golf course too....but who wants to do anything other than play on the lake
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:43pm
Here is the resort. Nice upscale facilities. I'll probably stay there since there is NWIH the wife would stay in a tent.

Eagle Creek Resort
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 7:56pm
Well, the weather's pretty good here in California through October. I vote for CA. Hey, I came all the way to WI to see you guys. Seems only fair. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic