NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Midwest Mini-Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 9:52pm
Alan, narrow it down buddy!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 8:39pm
MOj---Powers
M3Fan-- Shelby
PLBC---Powers
Stang---Shelby
81nautique---Powers for a 1 day Shelby for a weekender---I don't care either one
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 7:51pm
I will vote shelby...but will come to powers if thats where it happens
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 6:34pm
If there's a vote for a quick ski-in afternoon I vote Powers. Add to the list.

Moj'------Powers
M3Fan-----Shelby
PLBC------Powers

Mid September should be quiet on the lake, setting up the course at powers may take a little finagling, as in make sure johnny law doesn't come out.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 5:38pm
If there's a vote for a quick ski-in afternoon I vote Powers. Add to the list.

Moj'------Powers
M3Fan-----Shelby
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 5:24pm
The location is not in stone. It looks like the contenders are:

1. Powers Lake (just over the border north of Chicago) This would be a one-day affair. Meet, greet, hang out, ski like crazy.

2. Shelbyville (4 hours south) This would be a weekend affair, ski-a-rama on big water down south.

I'm up for either. Let's have a vote from everyone who is serious about going. For the record I'll vote #2 because quite frankly I'm going to need a getaway the way work has been lately.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 4:49pm
Hey Guys,,, Is this in stone for Shelby?? I have that Sat available, and sure would like to hang with you guys, but it's a bit far for a one day jaunt...I'll have to catch up with you all in the Spring. Have a killer time though and be safe...

Question: I saw a boat advertised for sale in Cedar Lake, IN. Anybody boat out there before?? It's about 800 acres I hear???Maybe this could be a spot we all could get to real easy from the burbs...

Moj'
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:10pm
The portable course is the greatest thing ever. We can deploy it in 15-20 minutes. I'll have to ask one of the other guys where that was that we laid out the course, since it was a perfect spot. It was maybe a 10 minute boat ride from Eagle Creek. We left it in overnight and nobody seemed to mind.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:03pm
Joel...What part of the lake did you set the course up in?

i need to look into one of those systems....how long does it take to set it up!

stang

The Super Air

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 9:04am
Stang72 - will do!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 8:23am
Some Shelby pics from 04:

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 7:09am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

I was thinking this was going to be a day event. Not sure about driving further than I did for GL.

Kurt, you're about 10 posts too late. Hollywood looks like he's in! You guys don't have to trailer down there- you can ski my boat. It is a ways down but think of it as one last hurrah for summer. In about mid-February you'll be happy you turned it into a weekend trip.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 2:49am
I think the lake is about 4 hours from chicago.

It is a good spot,but if another place works better for others...thats cool too!

Or another date?

Sept is wide open for me and going a few hours up, down or over is no problem.

Lets hear some voices out there!!!

Gotwake...let me know when you come down!Trees turning on the lake is awsome...lakes usually like glass!
stang

The Super Air

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:41am
I was thinking this was going to be a day event. Not sure about driving further than I did for GL.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 11:06pm
If you're camping, Wolf Creek State Park is really nice. Excellant launch ramp and pretty close, well, across the lake from Eagle Creek resort. Can't make the 16/17 (will be at surf expo) but have a blast! Love that lake in the fall and we'll be heading down with a group in mid-october to catch the leaves changing.

My 02 team at Shelby...(RIP)
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 10:56pm
Well...Joel,I say lets do it!

Chime in everyone!
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:57pm
Sooooo.... are we final with the 16th/17th at Shelby? If so, I'm ready to make reservations. I'll put up some pics tomorrow since my in-limbo computer has no image programs to resize them!

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:50pm
Sounds good, I'll keep following the post and see where the boats are going to launch. If there's anyway to make it I will, otherwise let me know when you're this way!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:31pm
Chuck...it looks like most of the voices are in or near chicago...which makes it far for them.

My wife and I do plan to make it out that way (fall or spring not sure yet)and see Paul and the crew...maybe that could include some others and meet at lake of the ozarks! Beautifull lake !!

I think for now keeping things closer for the guys in Northern IL would be a popular choice
stang

The Super Air

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:01pm
Stang,
I wasn't following this post, so disregard the email I sent you until this line of thought works out.
I was thinking of tyring to talk you guys into considering the Lake of the Ozarks; but that's a little far for most of you.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 7:56pm
Well, the weather's pretty good here in California through October. I vote for CA. Hey, I came all the way to WI to see you guys. Seems only fair. BKH
Livin' the Dream

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:43pm
Here is the resort. Nice upscale facilities. I'll probably stay there since there is NWIH the wife would stay in a tent.

Eagle Creek Resort
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:26pm
Eagle Creek....I would hightly recommend that area...two close ramps...plenty of camping...or stay at the eagle creek facility!

That section of the lake is deeper as it is closer to the damn! And near the party cove!!

very nice golf course too....but who wants to do anything other than play on the lake
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:20pm
You have my vote too. Shelby the 16th and 17th. Shelbyville worked out great for me and the Malibu guys and I'm sure they'd stop by too. They are great guys despite their boat choices (JUST KIDDING people). I'll post some pics later of the course in Shelby and you'll be sold. For us Chicagoans it is a LONG and BORING drive... but well worth it. We stayed at a nice resort there called Eagle Creek or something... more details when I get home tonight. I may do a 3 day weekend if anyone wants to stay a bit longer. This will be great.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 2:17pm
16 and 17th...the lake would be very low traffic...shelbyville is a beatifull lake in the fall! Great spot....26 miles long and sheltered ....always calm areas.
My buddy Brian who was at GL keeps a 32 foot carver there...and we know a bunch of local folks with big boats...might be fun to get a few party barges to tie uo to!
Hey..it might be in striking range for Paul and The lake....KC is what...6-7hrs???

My vote is either of those two weekends after labor Day...At Shelbyville!

Throw out something else too...I need to check the schedule...one of those weekends, our ski club is having a pig roast on lake Decatur...40 min drive from Shelbyville...we have a ramp , pavillion,picnick tables...plenty of docks....maybe that could work into things!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 1:21pm
Seriously, the best weekend for us would be 2 weeks after labor day, sept 16-17. Shelbyville for me is 4 hours, that's a managable drive for us. If we go that far south we might get some of the St Louis guys to take a drive over and join us. We're pretty flexible so somebody make a decision and we'll be there.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 12:14pm
For those that are seriously planning on doing this lets pick a central location or one that most of the attendees are located.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:26am
Gotwake: we took off after getting up on Sunday, thanks for the offer though. Boot Camp was pretty fun and will consider Fall Fallout with the '88 in tow.

81nautique: thanks again for the pull down the river and letting us hang out on your boat. We'll definitely be out at the rock bar the saturday of Labor Day weekend, all are welcome.

Shelby looks dandy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:58am
I'm pretty sure we'd be in for anything after Labor Day, we'll drive down to Shelby if that's where everyone's going.

Labor Day plans so far look like we're going to try to stop by Powers Lake on Saturday and hook up with the PLBC crew if they're around. Then head to Green lake Saturday night and hook up with Mojo's gang Sunday. We'll camp wherever we find a spot.

Hooked up with Hollywood Saturday at Boot Camp and for just hanging around drinking a few beers we had a pretty good time. Finally got to just relax on a saturday afternoon, that was sweet.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:20am
I guss I am in luck becaues shelbyville is fairly close to me. So I am in for that. Where would more people attend. Up north on one of the lakes or down south at Shelbyville/Clinton. I would think that turnout should affect decision.

I will throw this out...September 9th which is the weekend after Labor Day. I would be up for the 2nd, but sounds like people have plans.

Responses???
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic