NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

woody won’t start!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: woody won’t start!
    Posted: August-14-2006 at 2:53pm
I have a '55' Century Coranado with a 331 hemi. The boat has started every time this season with the exception of two. I replaced plugs set air fuel on 600 cfm holly with dwell meter. Dual point gap .017 ea. I run 93 oct with 110 leaded for 97-98 oct. She started very hard the other day cranked several times then finnaly fired with choke on and half throttle. The boat has been recently rewired and never stranded its previous owner in 25 years of use. The previous owner did state he thought it needed a voltage regulator due to lack of charging. Woulk this cause hard starts and missfire at mid to top end? She doesnt even want to fire with a huf of starting fluid. Leads me to believe weak spark. Any ideas? Any one know pertronix part no for ald prestolite dual points?    Thanks Rob
Lake Livin' Rocks
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 9:24pm
Thanks to all who looked the points or condensor were the culprit replaced both problem solved.
Lake Livin' Rocks
rmcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 9:47pm
Hi Rob

Below is the link for the pertronix marine distributor conversion tables.

Pertronix link

Regards
Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic