NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 79>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

+1 and the name calling means they got nuthin left.

Well BFN, I assume you have nothin' left after the bedwetter comment?

Nice way to leave man.

I've been around a lot longer than you...and I haven't called any in particular any names. The bedwetter shot was a collective term that sure seems pertinent whenever I see the dem pundits. They all go to name calling or trying to change the subject.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:30am
15% of a large pile is =,<, or > than 30% of a small one?

1988 BFN-sold

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:59am

Still doesn't address the fact you pay more in taxes than the rich do.

* I don't pay any income taxes because poker is not taxable at this point, but I have paid my price, however my wife does pay her fair share.

Seth, Romeny paid 8 million in two years. I will not pay that in a lifetime, so the rich are paying more in taxes than me.

Do I have to run through the numbers again, the top 1% pay.... we have been through this. And you always ignore that the bottom 60% pay nothing or receive a check. How does someone with no earned income get a tax return? They are not paying in anything and getting the use of government services for free. They are the ones not paying their fair share. 65% of government spending goes to entitlements, 8% goes to the military, but when it comes time to cut dems say we cannot touch the 65% and we can only cut out of the 8%. why? because the 65 percent is their voting pool.

If you are earning income from gambling then it is taxable. Income is income. It may not be reported, and a less than ethical accountant may tell you not to report because they will never know, but like a waitress or other tip oriented earners the government relies on your INTEGRITY to report your income. I work a full time job in construction, and also run a business part time to make ends meet. Many do the side work on a cash basis to avoid uncle Sam, and insurance. My side business is an S-corp and my income gets invoiced and reported. If I did not pay taxes I would not worry about the rates or fraud and waste either. It might be time to man up, keep some records, do the reporting, pay your share, and see what it is all about. Certainly it seems the pot is calling the kettle black to complain about others tax paying habits at this point.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Still doesn't address the fact you pay more in taxes than the rich do.

* I don't pay any income taxes because poker is not taxable at this point, but I have paid my price, however my wife does pay her fair share.

Seth, Romeny paid 8 million in two years. I will not pay that in a lifetime, so the rich are paying more in taxes than me.

Do I have to run through the numbers again, the top 1% pay.... we have been through this. And you always ignore that the bottom 60% pay nothing or receive a check. How does someone with no earned income get a tax return? They are not paying in anything and getting the use of government services for free. They are the ones not paying their fair share. 65% of government spending goes to entitlements, 8% goes to the military, but when it comes time to cut dems say we cannot touch the 65% and we can only cut out of the 8%. why? because the 65 percent is their voting pool.

If you are earning income from gambling then it is taxable. Income is income. It may not be reported, and a less than ethical accountant may tell you not to report because they will never know, but like a waitress or other tip oriented earners the government relies on your INTEGRITY to report your income. I work a full time job in construction, and also run a business part time to make ends meet. Many do the side work on a cash basis to avoid uncle Sam, and insurance. My side business is an S-corp and my income gets invoiced and reported. If I did not pay taxes I would not worry about the rates or fraud and waste either. It might be time to man up, keep some records, do the reporting, pay your share, and see what it is all about. Certainly it seems the pot is calling the kettle black to complain about others tax paying habits at this point.

8 million schmillion.    It is percentage based and you know that.

15% Vs. 25-35%    That is a real number, 8 million means little.

So tell me. If you have no income, didn't work, how exactly do you get a refund?    Come on Dave, honestly, how does that work? Ok, I see your explanation above. So then Romney, since he uses government services actually pays less than 13.2 %    Thanks for that bit. That sticks you and my family in the same, get screwed category since we ( see below) pay more than the top and bottom.

How much tax you think those earning 12-15K a year should pay? 15-20-30%, AFTER the FICA taxes too? 15K, heck, 30k, don't know how making that much money could afford to pay much more than the FICA alone. Making 15-20k yearly, buying groceries would be tough.

Calling the kettle black huh, man up? Seriously, I spent more time giving my share than alot of folks. Man up and enlist like I did.   
I knew where I was going when I upped, and I would do it all over again, even if I knew the results before hand. Because of that time in, I do not work. I WOULD LOVE TO, and will again maybe, but I can tell you now,   I do not take your taxes in a welfare check. O Hell, as disabled as people say I am, I'd still make a buck doing something if I had too.

I was a business owner the day I enlisted, saved a bunch for a long time before hand, sold off, and jumped on a bus.   I've still got enough to provide for my family and restart where I left off if needed. My wife working, and paying taxes contributes for sure to our family.

I brought up the poker winnings because I was baiting you for your comments. Don't have to school me on what is taxable, and I should have stated poker is not taxable in a better way. It's form W-2G. I payed 0 income taxes last year,because losses are deductions, and I have not done well since black Friday and the online community shut it's doors, and investments were not doing well, until recently. My deductions are large too, considering the cost of flights these days. ( a trip for two to Vegas, airfare and lodging, just set me back $2400, and fuel cost are rising for the local trips too). Wanna guess the rate I pay when I do win?   It's way more than Romney, more than double it actually.   It's 30% I also pay taxes on investments made by my late father, maintained by my wife. But I don't really get Romneys rate because I can't afford his attorneys.

Sounds like the disregard you show me, isn't the same reverence you show Romney, even though I did something for you, while Romney was part of this mess we are in now, and I pay more in taxes percentage wise than Romney.   Why is that?

Percentage wise, I'd love Romneys rate. How come Romney plays a version of poker, the stock market, risk & reward, and pays less on his winnings than I do?

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:26am

15% of a large pile is =,<, or > than 30% of a small one?

So then there is a finite cost to being an American?   Why not just charge a tax, of a certain amount every year?

Because the flat tax theory is bunk, and unfair.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:32am

+1 and the name calling means they got nuthin left.

Well BFN, I assume you have nothin' left after the bedwetter comment?

Nice way to leave man.

I've been around a lot longer than you...and I haven't called any in particular any names. The bedwetter shot was a collective term that sure seems pertinent whenever I see the dem pundits. They all go to name calling or trying to change the subject.

Yeah, you have. And I respect your knowledge when it comes to Correct craft, and think I may have told you so too.

But a name call is a name call.   Just trying to lighten the mood a little by highlighting what I read. No harm intended by doing so.    
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:38am

Funny how you toss the 700 billion in cuts out there, when Ryans plan crap cans the whole program.

Because of what our dear leader is saying on the trail. And Ryan's plan doesn't 'can the whole thing'; far from it. False

Yes sir, 52 and under got nothing coming.   That is a *************** can.

So he gives the others a $5500 voucher to purchase healthcare, where does that get you today?   Private insurance is expensive and if it were not for BO, pre-existing coverage under the Affordable Care Act, those seniors would have a really hard time getting coverage, let alone for $5500 a year.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:46am

I think the glamor and glitz of Ryan is catching you off guard, and giving the conservatives something to look forward too.   That is until the nation gets another grasp of the "Path to Prosperity", remember conservatives denounced that plan long ago, and in full force. It was not a small dismissal, it was a flat out, NO.

Often bills are dismissed because of all the unrelated crap thrown in. Maybe you remember the gun control language that magically appeared in the cybersecurity bill? Tell us of this path to prosperity...

[QUOTE=ononewheel]Whatever Romeny owns Ryan budget now.   When the honeymoon passes, and it will, he is going to have some very tough answers to give.

PLEASE, please tell me we are not having a conversation about the Money/Rayn campaign,
and you do not know what the PATH TO PROSPERITY is?

That path to prosperity is the name Ryan gave to his very own budget.

Whew, this is going to take a bit of explanation.    But the sun broke here, and the boat is loaded and fueled up, I'll be back after you do a little reading and studying about the guy you are ready to vote for already.

I have one more of your posts to address first.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:56am

I'll give you the tax fraud facts you posted. ( I haven't checked them, and won't in all honesty)

This is why you should keep your mouth shut!

You do realize my post was directed at Dave's and the figures he posted?

I agreed with Dave for the sake of the current argument, because I am sure there is fraud in the IRS refunds.   I don't need to research that.

But as a side note, Dave says the Buffet tax would give us 33 billion, asks where that will get us, then goes on to complain about, millions in tax refunds frauds?

The Path to Prosperity, in my last post, is exactly why you should heed
your own advice on matters where it is obvious you have no knowledge of.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:57am

Wanna guess the rate I pay when I do win?

Sorry, you told me you do not pay taxes on poker, I can only comment on the information you "bait" me with.

I understand that you have paid a price for this country which I have thanked you for. If it is not enough (Which it never can be) thank you, thank you, thank you...... I now wish I had served, but I did not belong there at 18 and I knew it. I may have saved lives by not serving . If they were to pass a law that disabled vets never have to pay taxes again I would support it, but until then......

Out of respect for you I will not hold back comments because you wheels are disabled. You are an equal peer here, and thus subject to all the off topic "perks" any other liberal is entitled to.

After deductions I pay about the same percent as Romney.

I would be happy with everyone paying the same flat tax under 10%, no exeptions or dedustions. This would be very fair.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:57am
Whew,

I'm boating now.   Have a nice day at work Dave. You too BFN.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:59am

Whew,

I'm boating now.   Have a nice day at work Dave. You too BFN.

Disabled maybe, disadvantaged, not so much.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Wanna guess the rate I pay when I do win?

Sorry, you told me you do not pay taxes on poker, I can only comment on the information you "bait" me with.

I understand that you have paid a price for this country which I have thanked you for. If it is not enough (Which it never can be) thank you, thank you, thank you...... I now wish I had served, but I did not belong there at 18 and I knew it. I may have saved lives by not serving . If they were to pass a law that disabled vets never have to pay taxes again I would support it, but until then......

Out of respect for you I will not hold back comments because you wheels are disabled. You are an equal peer here, and thus subject to all the off topic "perks" any other liberal is entitled to.

After deductions I pay about the same percent as Romney.

I would be happy with everyone paying the same flat tax under 10%, no exeptions or dedustions. This would be very fair.

No holding back needed.   Thanks.    All I said was not to garner any sadness, gratitude etc.     You told me to man up, or what ever. I tried explaining why I do not work now, and that is part of the equation.

By the way, I LOVE paying taxes. And that is a real comment, no sarcasm. It means I am making money.

I think in reality we agree on so many things. Maybe when I have more time this evening I'll explain that. And the %10 tax too. These threads could be a little more solution based, I don't have them, but I bet in reality we both want the same things for this country.

I enlisted a little later in life because at 17-18 I bet it would have ended differently for me too. I upped cause it felt right, and I have nver been afraid of anything.        Aks, and IED's changed that, and right quick.      

Lake Mendota is calling... I got to go.    

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 12:49pm
Barack and Mitt are preparing for their first debate with the debate organizer. The organizer asks Barack what he wants to drink at his podium. Barack says "I'll have an H2O". Mitt says "I'll have an H2O too". Mitt dies during the first debate.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 1:29pm
I'll bet you wouldn't have thought that was funny if they asked Mitt first!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 2:31pm

You're talking out of both sides of your helm. First it's revenue, then 8 schmillion?

I'm sorry, but a percentage is in fact not a number until it's given parameters.

And that 'finite cost to be an American'? That was a question...check a math book.

1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 3:40pm
Greg, you can't tell a guy who thinks he's got 3 legs that he don't have 3 legs.

This election will come down to the wire just like the last 3. Obama has to be a disappointment to his base. Other than Obamacare, what has he accomplished for the liberals? Not much. Gay rights, nothing. Gun Control, nothing. Minorities, nothing. Bush had a far more diverse cabinet than Obama and minority's standard of living, I bet went up under Bush, and they haven't with Obama.

Unfortunately, our government accomplishes about as much as this thread.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 7:28pm

Greg, you can't tell a guy who thinks he's got 3 legs that he don't have 3 legs.   

1988 BFN-sold

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 8:48pm

But the desperation on the left is fun to watch.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by wingwrench wingwrench wrote:

But the desperation on the left is fun to watch.

Their 'tell'!   

I think I just found something good. I was reading about Savannah,GA and tripped over an article that seems to say BO used his infamous executive order and waived the Clean Air, Clean Water, and Endangered Species Acts in order to improve/dredge several ports. There was a suit in place and I haven't thoroughly looked into this, but it looks like something that does make sense?

He's running low on red ink anyway.   
1988 BFN-sold

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 10:53pm

You're talking out of both sides of your helm. First it's revenue, then 8 schmillion?

I'm sorry, but a percentage is in fact not a number until it's given parameters.

And that 'finite cost to be an American'? That was a question...check a math book.

So you are saying 8 million is enough. He reached the "paid enough already" mark?

I've got a long way to go before I hit that mark, so I guess I have not paid enough, even though percentage wise I paid more than Romney.

I'm really interested in this percentage isn't a number theory you speak of. I don't have a math book. Could you expand on that thought of yours?

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 10:58pm
I just watched a commercial where Mitt is going to give tax breaks to millionaires and runup the deficit and Obama is going to cut the deficit 4 billion and tax the very rich.

My question is when did Obama decide to reduce the deficit? As far as I knew he was scheduling many new programs and benefits, but lowering the deficit wasn't part of that. Considering he hasn't reduced anything in 3.5 years I find this hard to believe.

Secondly, It is a known fact that raising the taxes on millonares can't raise enough money to reduce anything. So where is this deficit cutting really going to come from?

Can someone enlighten me? I think he is full of bull.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 10:58pm
double post
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:18pm

So you are saying 8 million is enough. He reached the "paid enough already" mark?

No, I didn't say that. You're attempting to change the subject.

I've got a long way to go before I hit that mark, so I guess I have not paid enough, even though percentage wise I paid more than Romney.

Both sides of your helm again. You said you didn't pay anything.

I'm really interested in this percentage isn't a number theory you speak of. I don't have a math book. Could you expand on that thought of yours?

When was the last time you bought anything with a percentage?

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2012 at 11:24pm
How about this for a progressive tax, everyone pays 28% on the first thirty grand,paying their fair share up front, then as your income increases the rate drops ending up at maybe 10% for a multimillionaire, this would reward achievement instead of penalizing it. Just a thought.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

My question is when did Obama decide to reduce the deficit?

this should answer that question.....

dont be so hard on the guy.... he still has 4 or 5 months....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 2:24am

Seth, How many dollars is 15 percent? get it?
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 2:26am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on things! No enlightening required.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2012 at 9:05am
Weren't we just talking about this?

Special ops group attacks Obama over Bin Laden bragging,Leaks

Excerpt:    A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives.

1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 79>
  Share Topic