Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7273747576 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Those are not my wakes. They are world class wakes.

Those aren't world class wakes. In fact I barely see any wakes at all. Need to get David behind my Tique, now there are some wakes. I am tempted to say he wouldn't do quite so well, but in reality, I'm sure he'd be just as smooth, even crossing my monsters.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:19pm
I'd certainly like to see somebody do some barefoot wake slalom behind a Tique...do you have any vids?

"barely see any wakes at all" = world class wakes.

Here's a nice back wake shot

This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

julio's barefoot back run

he come's from guatemala, no winter there. told him to get a drysuit. Anyway he was complaining all the time about how cold weather and water was, thus the title! Cold MTF!

Julio looked pretty good sebby. He has to relax his arms. The "chicken wing" bent elbow style is old school. He had no hope of making the bake to front!
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:49pm
wait a minute Roy don't mess them up, a little chicken is good, you can't(shouldn't) do a back to front straight armed, they have to be bent or the handle will get away as you come to the front.
Watch your video and you have bend in the arms on the BtF.

This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 7:59pm
I have been preached at this summer by Brendan to keep the handle close to the body with a 90 degree bend in the elbow. He promissed I will never fall. I have a bad habit of turning and letting the handle out and eating it. And yes I hate those falls on my feet.
Thanks.......Tom
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 8:02pm
well you got me there with video evidence. However the world champ does not speak highly of the chicken wing for bacerds. perhaps for the back to front. regular bacerds footing, maybe not.
Got Foot?
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 8:08pm
Yes for turns 90 degree in arms for wakes and 1 foots no bend in arm. I am learning to make adjustments although it is difficult for me to break old habits.
Thanks.......Tom
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

wait a minute Roy don't mess them up, a little chicken is good, you can't(shouldn't) do a back to front straight armed, they have to be bent or the handle will get away as you come to the front.
Watch your video and you have bend in the arms on the BtF.

Rewatching Julio, I noticed his standard backwards stance was "chicken wing. thats what I was referring to. When I mentioned he had no hope on the BtF, it had nothing to do with the chicken wing. He tried to make the turn by rotating his upper body and pulling himself around.

I stand corrected on the bent elbow for the BtF; I maintain the chicken wing has nothing to do a basic backwards skiing position.
Got Foot?
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 8:21pm
Roy ...This is a great topic. This past week I attempted 5 - 6 BtF on my feet. I get the 90 degree bend in my arm ...handle locked in above the small of my back....let go....come around (can see daylight and be in the front position and my arm gets stretched out before I can grab the handle and ....Face Plant. (I have done these 50 to 60 times with the shoes mabey more) For some reason I cannot keep the bend in my arm. Even with Brendan screaming at me in the boat to keep my arm bent. It seems so simple but difficult for me to do.
Thanks.......Tom
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 9:16pm
Tom,
I have not seen your BtF but from what you say I would bet you are anticipating the turn and trying to "help" it...the key is to resist, to try to stay backwards after you let go with one hand, and make the boat turn you, then it's nice and smooth.
This is the life
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 1:21pm
Perfect timing my BtFs are often a mess. I can't keep my arm in either.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 6:29pm
Perhaps more strength conditioning with 12oz. curls is needed?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Perhaps more strength conditioning with 12oz. curls is needed?

I have been trying this method for years........has not worked yet ......but I am not about to give up on the method.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2012 at 10:53pm
First short line run, along with my son's first pyramid. The video is bad, but he was excited, he said he wasn't scared, but it was "pretty nerve wracking!" He was all smiles though. Wakeboards for the bases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZRG4SBw2to
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 12:54am
Some early attempts at some tumble turns -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5krnnZO9k&feature=g-all-u
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 1:01am
Trying the link again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5krnnZO9k&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 1:16am
Wanted to share some of the fun from my first experience at a Worlds Barefoot Championship. First of all I want to say how impressed I was with such a tight net world wide communite....Awsome
I met/chatted and had a few beers with the best skiers in the world. My friend Brandan P. skied awsome along with Willie F. It was a motivater for me to re-committ to the sport and start training again on a more competitive basis (while keeping it fun).
I realized what a small world it is...Ryan (SN206) my good friend showed up with his better half. Andy/Roy....Willie mentioned you guys ski together....I had no idea...Awsome....I was surprised at how small a world we live in with CCFs across the world. Willie even had Mike Seipel on the speaker phone while we were hanging out ...trying to talk Mike into competing again (good luck with that).
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 1:20am
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 1:25am
Texas did a great Job at Hosting the Worlds.
Thanks.......Tom
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 1:32am
Looking solid Gary..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 4:15am
Gary, better to use use two overhand grip not baseball style.
Greg here's your vid link- good job on controlling but try looking back to get your knees pointed back and leading hip up
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2012 at 3:02pm
We had a nice weekend session. Good weather, warm enough to ski with the wetsuit.
bacerds getting better, trying to clean the position. Starts are solid.
Had a bad fall on a 1 foot attemp, pain is still there!
I tryied them on the LL, using the shoes. Not even close, don´t know what I was doing wrong, but the start is impossible. Once the boat started pulling I was dragged to the bottom, and the handle pulled out of my hands. Looks like the superfly high is necessary here for a higher pull!
Front one foots are coming along on both feet, toe hold only one side though. But I´m getting closer to do both. Also started working tumble up one foot, with some more practice I will be having them both sides.
All and all a nice outing!

Also tryed some Air raleys (Wake board term for jumps with the body extended and feet back) hanging from the boom!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2012 at 2:21am
The back deep with the shoes on can be tough, I've done the submarine too, you have to bend your knees and keep your feet out of the water on the start, just to get out of the hole, and when they catch it's not fun. yes, a superflyhigh helps.

You can work on one foot stand ups on the boom/5ft handle at about 40 or 41 just sit slowly down onto your butt then bring one foot close to your butt and with the handle moved over so the rope is directly over the foot (in line with the rope) plant that foot and stand back up, repeat over and over smoothly.
This is the life
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 2:41am
Tom and I, again got a chance to ski with Brendan Paige again today! 4 skiers improved on PB's and new tricks. Pictures to follow....For real this time.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 7:06pm
As Ryan mentiohad alot of fun skiing with BP yesterday. My son in the pick with Brendan has really improved his skiing and has alot of fun doing it.
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 7:19pm
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 7:22pm
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 7:32pm
Thanks.......Tom
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 2:23am
nice there Tom!

this are from last weekend!
It will be some time until I can go skiing again! gotta take care of the little girl!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 2:18pm
Seb; In the first video, you wearing dive boots? If so do they have smooth bottom or do they have some sort of tread?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7273747576 152>
  Share Topic