NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 79>
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 3:11am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

$4 gas helps?!!!!?? Do you bleed blue?

How come no one responds to the video of Obama, Pelosi and Hillary slammimg the Republicans when gas was 2 to 3 buck a gallon?

Ultimate hypocrisy

Now its a good thing.... heck if 4 buck gas is good, according to the Dems, just think how much $8 gas could help the economy...

It seems you completely missed the point. It is not going to get cheaper. Just like in any business, if you don't recognize future projected costs, you will not fare well. Some here think the world is awash in oil and are failing to prepare for higher future prices.
Also, in GB, fuel taxes pay almost entirely for the cost to build and maintain roads. It is a fair tax since the people using the roads are paying for them through their gas taxes.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 3:33am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

How come no one responds to the video of Obama, Pelosi and Hillary slammimg the Republicans when gas was 2 to 3 buck a gallon?

Ultimate hypocrisy

Now its a good thing.... heck if 4 buck gas is good, according to the Dems, just think how much $8 gas could help the economy...

It seems you completely missed the point. It is not going to get cheaper. Just like in any business, if you don't recognize future projected costs, you will not fare well. Some here think the world is awash in oil and are failing to prepare for higher future prices.
Also, in GB, fuel taxes pay almost entirely for the cost to build and maintain roads. It is a fair tax since the people using the roads are paying for them through their gas taxes.

John.Oil reserves are still being discovered, and technology is finding was to use more and more of them, the supply is proving to be much less finite than we thought. there is enough in the US to significantly reduce our dependance and drop the price of crude world wide (supply and demand)if we simply stop restricting its availability. The US is the only nation that denies its citizens the use of its own natural resources, putting us a a severe disadvantage in global competition. There will be viable alternatives, but they are not ready for prime time yet. Why not use what we have while we are waiting.When we get the replacement we wont need it anymore.

Gas taxes in the US pay for all our roads, along with light rail, bike paths and more. GB is a small Island compared to the US. What else are their much higher gas taxes paying for, and is that "fair"?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 3:40am
Anybody catch this story?

Democratic officials apologized Wednesday for mistakenly displaying an image of the Russian Navy during a tribute to America’s veterans at last week’s Democratic National Convention.

The Russian warships, many of Soviet-era origin, were shown on a giant screen Sept. 6 above 50 veterans while retired Adm. John Nathman honored veterans’ contributions to America. The former sailor who spotted the error and notified Navy Times had asked for an apology.

Not really consequential, just fun!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 1:08pm

Ultimate hypocrisy

John,
I dont think I missed the point at all. I dont argue we need to looking into alternative energy resources for the future. BUT, when the "high price" of gas (when it was 2-3 dollar range) was used to advance your cause???

Now gas is 4 bucks AND they do nothing about it, except make fun of us driving our "SUV's and monster trucks"... this is funny?!!??? REALLY???????

I would like to see the hybrid van that Obama is talking about that could pull my 24 foot enclosed trailer. AND I'm real sure it would not like my 8 1/2 foot V plow. I dont have much choice but to drive a one ton truck. (BTW, it gets 12 -13 mpg, not 8 as the prez suggest in his monologue)

Our business depends on the building industry and to put it bluntly, it sucks the last few years. We are selling about half of what we did pre-"O". AND our margins are the worst ever. Add to that the high overhead, (gas and health insurance are a couple of the biggies), and we barely make ends meet at the end of the month.

Dont get me wrong, we still live in the best nation in the world. But we are heading the wrong way..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:31pm

Ultimate hypocrisy

Yep works real well high gas taxes+green taxes ........We are now in a double dip recession.......and No not all the tax is spent on roads so we should have better roads than the US which we don't.....most goes on welfare benefits/NHS.......Me thinks you’re OB has the same in mind for you guys.

This is how our gas tax works..... Gas cost + fuel tax + green tax then Vat tax on all of it........tax on tax sweet..
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:37pm
I don't understand why when Bush was president $3.00 gas was the end of the world and in all the papers and TV every day, but it's ho hum right now when it hits $4. I love this new mentality that $4+ gas will be good for us in the long run.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:58pm
I think there is a simple explanation. There is too much going on right now. Bigger fish to fry. It is like our boats. You take it out on the lake and there is this vibration. You want to investigate and fix it. But, on the way to the dock the boat quits. You got to put the vibration hunt/fix on hold and find out why the boat isn't running. Getting running again than you can go back to the vibration. I don't know of anyone who is happy about the gas prices. BTW when did gas prices start spiking with just a mention of a hurricane? There is something very wrong there.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

Ultimate hypocrisy

Yep works real well high gas taxes+green taxes ........We are now in a double dip recession.......and No not all the tax is spent on roads so we should have better roads than the US which we don't.....most goes on welfare benefits/NHS.......Me thinks you’re OB has the same in mind for you guys.

This is how our gas tax works..... Gas cost + fuel tax + green tax then Vat tax on all of it........tax on tax sweet..

Thanks for the insight on your taxes. I checked what I could find on the interweb, but it is nice to hear from someone with first hand experience.
How do you like our election circus?

uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

Ultimate hypocrisy

Thanks for the insight on your taxes. I checked what I could find on the interweb, but it is nice to hear from someone with first hand experience.
How do you like our election circus?

John, it looks much the same as here, each party mud slinging each other....the sad part for me is now we are in a global news world it shows the US as not UNITED which is viewed by some as week.

I can't comment on the issues in the US as I don't understand US politics/issues.

Over here we have 3 main parties and our current Gov is a coalition between 2 of them trying to get us out of our mess.

Has your 2 main parties ever worked together for the good of the US and its people? apart from times of world wars.

Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 9:03pm
Can people get throught there freeking brain. Obama is here to collapse the capilist system and creat his own. He is a freeking communist. HURRY NOVEMBER
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 9:30pm
funny i still only hear the bashing of the opposite party ..... so what will the democrats actually do to help me? what will the republicans actually do? thats who gets my vote   republican or not
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 2:34am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

funny i still only hear the bashing of the opposite party ..... so what will the democrats actually do to help me? what will the republicans actually do? thats who gets my vote   republican or not

I am happy knowing what Romney wont likely do.

Deficit spend 6 trillion in 4 years.
Appoint Czars
Apologize for being the greatest country in the world
During a Mideast crisis tell a 40 year ally that they are not an ally
Skip half his security briefings
Pass major legislation using conciliation
Give our country away to the UN
Encourage class warfare
Deny us use of our countries resources
Appoint ultra liberals to the supreme court
play the race card

1987 Ski Nautique

MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i think this attitude is a major problem...focusing on who will do more for you vs. who is better for the country...leads people to prioritize social programs over the deficit...and vice versa...the only guy I wanted to vote for was Ron Paul...but I can't vote for him and I WON'T vote for obama...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

the only guy I wanted to vote for was Ron Paul...but I can't vote for him...

As someone in a similar, though politically opposite, position I have to ask "Why can't you still vote for him?"

I am torn myself, but you and I and I think almost everybody else is in a similar quandry, i.e. "I wanted to vote for this guy, but if I vote for him I am "throwing my vote away." On the other hand, voting for the R or D as I have been all these years was kinda a waste too in the end..."

What do do?!?
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

the only guy I wanted to vote for was Ron Paul...but I can't vote for him...

As someone in a similar, though politically opposite, position I have to ask "Why can't you still vote for him?"

I am torn myself, but you and almost everybody else it seems is in a similar dilemma, i.e. "I want to vote for Mr. X, but if I vote for him I am "throwing my vote away." On the other hand, voting for the R or D as I have been all these years was kinda a waste too in the end..."

What do do?!?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 6:13pm
I cant see it as a major problem i was only looking for what they will do not what the other one will do or has done. and how can you say that i wouldnt vote for the president that would reduce spending . read my words .I just want to know who will do what ..
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 7:48pm
no offense to you peter...i just think many people have that attitude...what can the government do for ME and who will give ME more...not you in particular...your post just made me think of that.

i could vote for ron paul (did in the primaries) but he has no realistic chance of winning unfortunately...i think my vote is better spent elsewhere.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 10:34pm
I would imagine that the house and senate votes count for more than the president
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:16am
Peter. Your questions are sincere but there is so much information out there that it is a tough question to answer in the space of a forum post. I believe you are correct that who controls the house and senate will have at least as great or greater impact than who is president. I stand by my list of what Romney will not do as compared to what Obama has done as important things to think about. Based on what Obama campaigned on doing, cut deficit in half, bring both sides together, end wars, close GITMO, and create jobs, he has failed by his own stated standards, and in many cases done exactly the opposite. I do not believe everything Romney says either but I believe with Ryan at his side he will control spending and strengthen the dollar/economy which is the most important issue for me.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:43am
I agree with OMH, I believe Romney/Ryan will start to get this country's finances in order. We are so far in a bad situation right now however, it wont happen overnight. But, they seem VERY serious about getting us going in the right direction whereas Obama seems to offer only empty rhetoric, or to simply continue spending wildly to drive us further in a hole.

To have a plan is crtical, and Romney has one. Unfortunately, the president has no plan at all.

Romney and Ryan will definitely get my vote!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:50am
Pulled into the Hampton Inn in Eau Claire, WI on Wednesday night and this is the sight that greeted me. Then I went up to the Presidential Suite at the Hampton and had cocktails with Romney and Ryan!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:54am
I am surprised security let you that close to the bus!
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 11:58am
Well, truth be told, Romney and Ryan weren't there. It was just the bus driver who was waiting for instructions on who to pick up where the next day.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 5:38pm
Thats awsome david...

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 7:45pm
Two interesting stories today.

First Black ministers are telling parishioners not to vote this election. They don't like Romney being Mormon, and they are unhappy with Obama supporting gay marriage, so they are saying stay home.

Second Israels president while not endorsing a US presidential candidate by name says American voters (Jewish?) should vote for a candidate willing to draw a "red Line" on Iran's nuclear aspirations which Obama has refused to do, and Romney indicates he would.

What happens if black Christians don't turn out and a fair chunk of Jewish voters who are typically democrat vote republican?

Obama seems to be losing a lot of friends. Or put another way, Obama's chickkeeennnnnsssss are coming home to roust.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Two interesting stories today.

First Black ministers are telling parishioners not to vote this election. They don't like Romney being Mormon, and they are unhappy with Obama supporting gay marriage, so they are saying stay home.

Second Israels president while not endorsing a US presidential candidate by name says American voters (Jewish?) should vote for a candidate willing to draw a "red Line" on Iran's nuclear aspirations which Obama has refused to do, and Romney indicates he would.

What happens if black Christians don't turn out and a fair chunk of Jewish voters who are typically democrat vote republican?

Obama seems to be losing a lot of friends. Or put another way, Obama's chickkeeennnnnsssss are coming home to roust.

I hadn't heard that. Which black ministers are doing that?
You can't put the genie back in the bottle, and we cannot afford to be the worlds policeman. Let Israel provide its own defense. I am tired of foreign governments meddling in our affairs and trying to influence our elections toward one candidate or another.
Just imagine how well the economy would do if we had to pay for another senseless war. Have you forgotten already? 4,000 young Americans dead, 40,000 injured, $2,500,000,000,000 dollars we aren't getting back.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 10:11pm
Here is the link John

Ministers say stay home>

Not Saying what is right or wrong . I am just saying Obama has alienated some of his base with the strong stands he has taken, and the race is very close.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 10:47pm
note the link is to an AP story for those that accuse me of only reading FOX.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 12:22am
In 08, 95 % of blacks voted for Obama...REALLY?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920 79>
  Share Topic