NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 79>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 12:32am
At least that is what they said on the exit polls. Could have been the effect of the black panthers standing there watching at the door.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 6:06am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

At least that is what they said on the exit polls. Could have been the effect of the black panthers standing there watching at the door.

Must have been the ghosts of the members, The Black Panther Party dissolved over 30 years ago.
On second thought, why introduce facts to muddle up your thinking.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 6:06am

Must have been the ghosts of the members, The Black Panther Party dissolved over 30 years ago.
On second thought, why introduce facts to muddle up your personal reality.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 9:16am
Isn't a new black panther still a black panther just like when I get new sneakers they are really just sneakers? When I googled it about half the references left the "new" off. My personal reality must not be as nit picky as yours . It would have really been fun if there were pink panthers at the door. I bet they would have been prosecuted though. I think when Holders sees "color" it is only in black and white!

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 9:56am
Out of control government spending report of the day.

SENATE REPORT: Quarter of Social Security disability benefits improperly rewarded.

link

Again we don't need higher taxes, we need to stop throwing away what we already collect. If a doctor was this sloppy in doing his job he would be sued for malpractice, and probably have his license pulled. How often do you hear of those in government held financially responsible for these decisions?
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 10:03am

Out of control government spending report of the day.

SENATE REPORT: Quarter of Social Security disability benefits improperly rewarded.

link

Again we don't need higher taxes, we need to stop throwing away what we already collect. If a doctor was this sloppy in doing his job he would be sued for malpractice, and probably have his license pulled. How often do you hear of those in government held financially responsible for these decisions?

Dave,
The link didn't work for me so here's a new one.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 11:28am

note the link is to an AP story for those that accuse me of only reading FOX.

You guys still talking over here? I figured since Dave feels the need to go over to the boat threads and inject his right wing koolaid into perfectly good on topic threads that this nonsense must have died down by now..

Anyway while I should ignore it, I still hate to see the site used to propagate easily disproven lies as fact so ...

This is not an AP link, but a newsmax story

Dave you do realize Newsmax is like fox only they dont even pretend to be fair and balanced they are avowed conservative and have a history of putting out false information some of which they retract most they don’t. Sarah Palin has of course listed them as one of her primary sources of factiness..

You all know Newsmax.. they put out those fake surveys with the most unflattering picture of the democratic candidate they can find or photoshop that are on seeminly every single news conglomulator this time of year (alwyas using the same red white and blue color scheme and cheap looking banners) .. asking things like how much you think obama is trying to destroy the country.. or why do you think it is obama wants to destroy the country.. obama? arrogant, or the most arrogant president ever?

And while I am at it.. I am glad that we got rid of the guy that was in charge 5 years ago (the timeframe of the majority of the cases in that study) when they were running social security so badly that there was some filing error that could be found in 25% of the cases ( no word on how many were actual fraud and how many were simply overworked government workers trying to do the best they could for deserving Americans who had paid thier fair share for the majority of thier life and now were faced with the "adminstrative cutbacks" that we all love so much.. even though the fraud investigators and caseworkers are always the first to go.) If I had to guess of the 25% they will correct the paperwork, have another hearing and continue to provide benefits to virtually all of them. Which is why it is a fox story and not a real story..

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 11:35am
Joe, AP wrote the story which was the source I originally found it at, when I was commenting on it later the newsmax reprint was the first I found. Just for you I will spend a little more time to find the next time.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 12:32pm

Isn't a new black panther still a black panther just like when I get new sneakers they are really just sneakers? When I googled it about half the references left the "new" off. My personal reality must not be as nit picky as yours . It would have really been fun if there were pink panthers at the door. I bet they would have been prosecuted though. I think when Holders sees "color" it is only in black and white!

I can't stop giggling. Best post on the thread!

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 3:27pm
Hey yall leave alone. He thinks correct..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 3:28pm
Hey yall leave Dave alone. He thinks correct..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 3:38am

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 5:56am
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

A great visual example (in my estimation) of what happens to the striving and middle classes when they become too dependent on govt crumbs for their existance.   

A great reason to re-instate the values that made America great, and reject Obama's "redistribution" mentality.

Thank you OnOneWheel!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 1:07pm
After three years of Obama ...

Here's your change!

January 2009
TODAY
% chg
Source

Avg. Retail price/gallon gas in U.S.
$1.83
$3.44
84%

Crude oil, European Brent (barrel)
$43..48
$99..02
127.7%

Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel)
$38..74
$91..38
135.9%

Corn, No.2 yellow, Central IL
$3.56
$6.33
78.1%

Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL
$9.66
$13..75
42.3%

Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. Fob
$13..37
$35..39
164.7%

Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall
7.6%
9.4%
23.7%

Unemployment rate, blacks
12.6%
15.8%
25.4%

Number of unemployed
24.7%

Number of fed. Employees
2.2%

Real median household income
$50,112
$49,777
-0.7%

Number of food stamp recipients
35.1%

Number of unemployment benefit recipients
22.2%

Number of long-term unemployed
146.2%

Poverty rate, individuals
13.2%
14.3%
8.3%

People in poverty in U.S.
9.5%

U.S. Rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings
n/a

Present Situation Index
-21.4%

Failed banks
17.1%

U.S. Dollar versus Japanese yen exchange rate
-8.6%

U.S. Money supply, M1, in billions
18.4%

U.S. Money supply, M2, in billions
6.5%

National debt, in trillions
$10..627
$14..052
32.2%

Just take this last item: In the last two years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history.
Over 27 times as fast. Metaphorically speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane.
27 times faster, it would be doing 7,555 MPH!

Sources:
(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. Of Labor;
(7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC;
(13) Federal Reserve; (14) U.S. Treasury

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 33 months -- so you'll have a few months to come up with an answer. Every statement in this email is factual and directly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS...I WONDER HOW MANY WILL FORWARD THIS?

***************************************************************************************

This tells the story, why Bush was so bad at the end of his 2nd term.

Don’t just skim over this, read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!

Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress
So when someone tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 &2011.
In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

And last night he said the debt was an not a issue short term.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 1:14pm
FORWARD!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

FORWARD!

BELIEVE IN AMERICA!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

FORWARD!

BELIEVE IN AMERICA!!

Yea, believe that 47% are lazy worthless bums expecting government handouts, like our wounded soldiers, the retired, the mentally ill, the children, the blind, the elderly, the retired..............

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 2:51pm

FORWARD!

You do realize we are pointed at a fiscal cliff. Right?????

1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 12:06am

FORWARD!

You do realize we are pointed at a fiscal cliff. Right?????

Bout time someone else said it.

Have you heard the Dems course of action?

Welcome to your first step with the dems and screw Grover.

FORWARD!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

A great visual example (in my estimation) of what happens to the striving and middle classes when they become too dependent on govt crumbs for their existance.   

A great reason to re-instate the values that made America great, and reject Obama's "redistribution" mentality.

Thank you OnOneWheel!

I hear you Romney, I just don't agree. Well, unless 200k is middle class.

That chart and your explanation, doesn't explain the gap of 1% and the top fifth, are they depending on crumbs?

Never mind don't even attempt to explain further. How much does the TEA party pay you? Per post?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

[QUOTE=john b] FORWARD!

BELIEVE IN AMERICA!!

Yea, believe that 47% are lazy worthless bums expecting QUOTE]

Yea I agree, which Obama created. And will only get worse with his failed socialist polocies..
If he gets relected, we will go bankrupt, and be just like Greece. People over there are shooting each other for a cheesburger.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 1:13pm
53%
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Thank you OnOneWheel!

I hear you Romney, I just don't agree. Well, unless 200k is middle class.

That chart and your explanation, doesn't explain the gap of 1% and the top fifth, are they depending on crumbs?

Never mind don't even attempt to explain further. How much does the TEA party pay you? Per post?

No, I won't explain (not sure I have the answers), but, I will ask you a question.

If you are unhappy with the income growth of the striving and middle classes, how should this problem be solved?

A.) Tax the wealthier classes and redistribute the money to the lower classes?

OR

B.) Create the correct conditions so new businesses can be started, and people can hire the lower classes to help lift their income?

By the way there OOW, you are sounding a lot like an "OWS" type with all that talk of the 1% and income distribution issues.

I hope I get a serious response instead of the snarkey Tea Party, and Romney comments. Would really like to see what your thinking is to lift EVERYONE'S inccome.

PS: You do know that the top 1% pay ~40% of all Federal Income Taxes don't you? And that the bottom 50% pay ~0% of Federal Income Taxes??

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 3:02pm
Something is seriously amiss when the candidate is among the wealthiest and pays less than 15% for the years he was willing to release his returns, and was one of the 47% who paid nothing in the years he refuses to release. As a public employee for a small city I was required to disclose all of my income each year, which could be obtained by anyone under the FOIA, but a presidential candidate isn't required and refuses to do so. Gee, do you possibly see a problem there? He REALLY doesn't want people to know he is one of those 47% who paid nothing, and that he was directing Bain in a paid position when he said he had no involvement in it.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 3:55pm
Sounds like you want me to lower my standard of living to equal that of a public servant.Kinda like the grading system/ sliding scale we use in our public schools now..
Whats wrong, cant you get a real job ??? A job,can you spell ,Work. WORK that requires a bit of sweat and the use of "grey matter" that you seem to short of. But then again , "Public Servant",this is a noble position.
We need more dog catchers and garbage collectors. Maybe a few more Tax Collectors to steal from ME and give to your uneducated ASS.......Billy
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Sounds like you want me to lower my standard of living to equal that of a public servant.Kinda like the grading system/ sliding scale we use in our public schools now..
Whats wrong, cant you get a real job ??? A job,can you spell ,Work. WORK that requires a bit of sweat and the use of "grey matter" that you seem to short of. But then again , "Public Servant",this is a noble position.
We need more dog catchers and garbage collectors. Maybe a few more Tax Collectors to steal from ME and give to your uneducated ASS.......Billy

Billy, what's gotten into you? You seem quite bitter. I don't know why. Why would you think I am uneducated and I am stealing from you. Would you prefer there were no police. Who would the average hard working citizen call when they need help?
I admit, working as a local and State Police officer ( seven years of which were as an undercover Illinois State Police Agent buying guns and drugs and investigating gangs) does not require a PHD, but it is challenging and occupation. Education is very important. My former department requires a BS to apply, but prefers a MS. Science is a significant part of the job, especially for the ETs, you may know them as CSIs. I worked two other part time jobs to put my daughters through college and save up enough money to retire at 53.
Why would I look for a "real job" now. I took responsibility for myself and worked, saved, and invested. I am now reaping the rewards. I would still be there had it not been for confronting some gang members selling crack. 5 surgeries and three years later they retired me on a disability because I couldn't do the job any more. I gave up my health for my dedication to my job, the constitution, and those unable to protect themselves. Six officers I have worked with have been shot on the job. I have been beaten, bitten, spit on, punched, had feces thrown at me, shot at, and have heard every insult possible. My working years are behind me and my investments have provided well for me. I have no idea what your standards are that you would have to lower them to be with me, a lowly " dog catcher" but I am content with my life and not bitter, even after my career ending experience. I knew the dangers and accepted them.
Be happy with your success. Enjoy what you have. Belittling those who provide necessary services or are sworn to protect you, your family, your rights, and your property is your right, a right protected by the police you criticize.
I am very proud to have been a public servant, it is a noble occupation.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 5:42pm
Sounds like your problem is you,YOU john b are one of those 47% ...VERY NOBLE JOB , BUT THE AFTER LIFE SEEMS TO SUCK. GONE ARE THE GLORY DAYS OF BUSTING 17 YEAR OLDS FOR A JOINT,OR THE RANDOM SEARCH AND DESTROY MISSIONS. SEARCH A PUNK , PLANT A LITTLE DOPE AND BINGO ANOTHER FELONY ARREST. i FEEL A LOT SAFER NOW...
NOW THE PUNKS YOU HASSLED BACK THEN, HAVE COME BACK TO ROOST. CAN YOU SAY AK-47... Go cry somewhere else, but not on my doorstep.
johnb, If I NEED A COP, I will call 911, not that I need to be protected, but to remove the sack of *************** that is bleeding in my yard..........You my boy are to be pitied........Billy
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 5:49pm

Sounds like your problem is you,YOU john b are one of those 47% ...VERY NOBLE JOB , BUT THE AFTER LIFE SEEMS TO SUCK. GONE ARE THE GLORY DAYS OF BUSTING 17 YEAR OLDS FOR A JOINT,OR THE RANDOM SEARCH AN DESTROY MISSIONS. SEARCH A PUNK , PLANT A LITTLE DOPE AND BINGO ANOTHER FELONY ARREST. i FEEL A LOT SAFER NOW...
NOW THE PUNKS YOU HASSLED BACK THEN, HAVE COME BACK TO ROOST. CAN YOU SAY AK-47... Go cry somewhere else, but not on my doorstep.
johnb, If I NEED A COP, I will call 911, not that I need to be protected, but to remove the sack of *************** that is bleeding in my yard..........You my boy are to be pitied........Billy

You're a funny guy, Dr!

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2012 at 5:49pm
ummmm...Okay
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1718192021 79>
  Share Topic