NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 79>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Since when did we mock people for posting pictures of themselves and thier toys on this site

Was just about to give you one of these and one of these

Then you had to mock everyone else on the thread with this.
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

closest thing in this thread to being of any value.

Missed it by that much!

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 8:54pm
My post had nothing to do with your pictures. Sorry if it appeared that way. It was your ideas in your posts that I was refering to.

Post was done before I got to the page with pictues but it went to the end of the line.

I have no objection to anyone having toys. The more the better!

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

My post had nothing to do with your pictures. Sorry if it appeared that way. It was your ideas in your posts that I was refering to.

Post was done before I got to the page with pictues but it went to the end of the line.

I have no objection to anyone having toys. The more the better!

Feel free to criticize my views and opinions. I have never taken myself seriously, why should anyone else?
I am just looking to have some fun. I don't mind if people call my ideas stupid, I realize sometimes, with the passage of time, that some of my ideas WERE stupid. I don't want everyone to agree with me. Aren't we are all here to exchange ideas? If I was easily offended I wouldn't visit here. I just wanted to point out that I am not a "lazy union member".
Honestly, I believe the teachers have the biggest responsibility, but for some reason it is popular to wage war against them right now. Chicago did the right thing with the contract, negotiate. Everyone in business negotiates, it is the backbone of business, it's how the job is done. Eliminating the right to negotiate only proves that you have no skills to do so. Business would not stand for it if you told them they could not negotiate their contracts, but the teachers and other public employees apparently don't deserve the same rights and protections as business in some peoples minds.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 10:31pm
No harm meant but most of the liberal leaning folks tend to be condesending towards the conservatives and act like they are so much more intellegent. They are just being fed from a different bag of sh**. Actually they have more bags avaialbe to them so they apparentlty think they are right.

Your views just struck a cord and it triggered my response. it seems like a pattern whether politics, religion, and a host of other subjects you tend to be there commenting with a disagreeable tone. It hit me as you thinking your way better. No harm meant.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 12:51am
I thought I had made myself clear on this issue,
I am a sarcastic smart alek, but possibly my dry delivery makes it hard to see at times. I have had the good fortune of being surrounded by some brilliant people, this has reinforced my understanding that I am not one.
I have been known to ask a question just to see where someone stands on an issue, with no particular interest in the issue myself. It's a good way to get to know people.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 1:23pm
Obama admitted yesterday that he was naive and he cannot change Washington from the inside. From "yes we can" to "I guess I couldn't".
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 1:28pm
My favorite AP story yesterday, they are upset Romney didn't claim more deductions in 2011. They are complaining he paid to much in taxes and screwed them from the opportunity to say he paid to little. This is why he does not release more records. It is just the Dems fishing for anything they can twist and use. He is a smart man.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

My favorite AP story yesterday, they are upset Romney didn't claim more deductions in 2011. They are complaining he paid to much in taxes and screwed them from the opportunity to say he paid to little. This is why he does not release more records. It is just the Dems fishing for anything they can twist and use. He is a smart man.

ASTOUNDING Dave,

Remember Romneys interview where he says " I pay every penny I owe but not a penny more. If I did pay more than I owe I wouldn't be right to be president"?

Well apparently, he just disqualified himself for the job.
Donating 4 million to your church, but only claiming a little over 2, is an over payment, simply to fall in line with previous statements of paying 14%, flipping snake cannot even remember what he said.

Are you still stumping for the man that paid more taxes than he was supposed to simply to make it appear he pays taxes?

I know he'll amend them to get full credit after the election.

Did you say he was smart? I think he stepped in a big pile of trouble.

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 5:25pm
Thanks for proving my point. You have no moral compass. Do you want the rich to pay more taxes or not? If yes than why do you bitch when they do? You are criticizing a man for giving 4 million to charity and only claiming 2 on his taxes???? Please stop and take a look at what you are saying, it is Insane. What is next, Maybe you could go after him for being kind to children!!!
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 5:49pm

Thanks for proving my point. You have no moral compass. Do you want the rich to pay more taxes or not? If yes than why do you bitch when they do? You are criticizing a man for giving 4 million to charity and only claiming 2 on his taxes???? Please stop and take a look at what you are saying, it is Insane. What is next, Maybe you could go after him for being kind to children!!!

Ok. Thanks for proving mine too.

I am not critical of him giving to charity (his church), but he did say a man that pays more in taxes shouldn't be president.

Can you see what he did? I am going by his earlier statement.

The only way he got to 14.1% was to not claim all money he gave to his church.

ASTOUNDING.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 5:58pm
So where did you read I was critical of the charity?

Seriously, read up the conservatives position on Romney taxes. I think you'll find you are the on out of line.

Should we continue on Romney flip flops and double negatives? There is more, and when it comes to Romney, there is alot more.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 6:02pm

When will he amend them to take care of that little oversight?
Maybe that is a reason we cannot see the other returns.

Whatever, I am more interested in his 47% comments. Yikes. That is gonna be hard to take at the voting booth.

Oh well, someone has to like the underdog.

How do I embed a video?   That would be fun.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 7:28pm
So let me get this strait Seth, You are complaining that a millionaire paid to many taxes, But Romney is a flip flopper? So from here on out your stance will be millionaires should take advantage of every write off and pay as little tax as possible? or are you going to flip flop again?
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 7:40pm
Harry Reid said paying taxes was not a requirement, it was voluntary.

If someone (like Romney) is smart enough to make zillions and pay the minimum maybe he just is smart enough to run this country. Maybe he could save us a couple bucks, maybe just maybe.

I know Yes we can didn't do much for making things better. but that's only my$.02
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 8:20pm
Mitt Romney quote on taxes, 09/21/2012
" I don't pay more than are legally due, and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."
Thank you, Mitt. I'm glad we agree!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 6:42pm
What about if I cant fix this in three years than it will be a one term proposition. Thanks Mr President! I am glad we agree.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2012 at 10:30pm
I have a feeling it will all be fixed, but we've got to get closer to the cliff edge.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2012 at 10:46pm
The closer you get to the cliff the higher the risk of falling off. We all know the cliff is there. Why not be a little proactive and start backing away now? Why did we not do it three years ago like Obama promised. "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term." Does he have multiplication confused with division? To much experimenting with drugs in high school?
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2012 at 11:38pm

Why did we not do it three years ago like Obama promised. "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term."

It's hard to cut the deficit in half when he has been so pre-occupied working on the "high"2 dollar gas prices ... you know, one thing at a time!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 2:29am
Romney:
"I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law and the right of a woman to make that choice".

Thank you, Mitt, I'm glad we agree!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 2:47am
“..... to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion dollars for the first 42 presidents — number 43 added $4 trillion dollars by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion dollars of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child.
That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.” (Now we are at 16 trillion after just 3.5 years of Barack by his lonesome)

Thank you, Barack I'm glad we agree!

1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 7:39am

The closer you get to the cliff the higher the risk of falling off. We all know the cliff is there. Why not be a little proactive and start backing away now? Why did we not do it three years ago like Obama promised. "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term." Does he have multiplication confused with division? To much experimenting with drugs in high school?

Astounding Dave. Where was your party three years ago? You know, back when a 10 to 1 ratio was offered, and Boehner said f off, you are not getting re-elected, neener - neener.

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

Democrats got ur Republicans in a bind. Have you seen the latest swing state polls? Or the down ballot polling? Looks like people are running from Romney.

Just saying...

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 9:46am
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 9:48am
And which one of yall was on Howard Stern yesterday?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Astounding Dave. Where was your party three years ago? You know, back when a 10 to 1 ratio was offered, and Boehner said f off, you are not getting re-elected, neener - neener.

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

Democrats got ur Republicans in a bind. Have you seen the latest swing state polls? Or the down ballot polling? Looks like people are running from Romney.

Just saying...

Was that where Obama was offering to cut the deficit in half?? Or was it less than a 1% reduction in spending and he could not even agree to do that without pushing his tax the rich agenda?

1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 4:14pm
You mean the " tax the rich equally" plan?
It took Mitt 800 pages of tax returns to avoid his taxes this year.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 4:17pm
It took Mitt 800 pages of tax returns to avoid his taxes this year. He refuses to tell us how many shelters and pages it took him to avoid them altogether in previous years.
If they looked good, he would use them. A politician never passes a chance to show that he is a good tax paying citizen.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 5:19pm
It's all a crock of bull to avoid confronting the real issues. Whether Romney deducted giving his old underwear to Goodwill or not, like Hilary Clinton did, really doesn't matter. Let's hear what each side is going to do as the next president.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 8:35pm
Bruce no body wants to hear what they are going to do . They only want to talk about what they did in their past.. unfortunately it will probably take a big issue in the next 4 weeks to unseat him. I guess we can hope that congress and the the house will fill with republicans .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

It took Mitt 800 pages of tax returns to avoid his taxes this year.

I am always amazed at how you guys will obsess about what Mitt does with his money but turn a blind eye to what Barack is doing with the money he has/will take from you and me.

Since we are focusing on Romney.

did he deficit spend or spend within his means?

Did his investments generate a return or loss like Baracks investments in GM and Solyndra?

Did he come up with a budget for himself/ his family for the last three years and live within it?

Does he have a debt ceiling to worry about?

Did he pay his own way or expect tax payers to pay for him?

Is he blaming anyone else for his fiscal situation?

How come we never hear these questions from the left?

The answers would seem to indicate he would manage and lead our country far better than a community organizer.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1920212223 79>
  Share Topic