Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7374757677 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 3:56pm
pretty sure he's using BFC shoe skis.

Seb, your left foot looks perfect, the right foot needs just a little more turn to it, Lane calls that foot the "Show foot" it should be turned a full 90 degrees.

your style of getting into the sideslide is very smooth you are going to own the sideslide very soon. nice to know...it may be easier longline!
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 7:09pm
Yes those are the BFC extreme footers!

glad I´m in the right path with the SS.
now I´ve been practicing them on dryland. I see my left foot it fine, but any trick for getting the right totally 90 degrees? I´m leaning all my weight on the leading foot (left).
Do I need more speed? I´m running at 40-41mph.
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 8:04pm
I can tell from the spray that you have your weight on the left foot which is correct. Some weight should still be on the show foot(5-10%).
If you straighten the leg more it may be easier to get the foot to 90.
Really, just turn it more. LOL as if it were that easy.
try some at 42. Can you get 44? longline you will like 44 but on the boom you don't need to go that fast. Keep your boom high and only do it on glass so you don't get hurt learning it.

Watch SoulShakers on BFC, KSO and ADV dual sideslide soooo sick!
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 1:00am
adv sure has some big feet
it helps for the sport! LOL
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 1:54am
can´t get the show foot 90 degrees....

i´m leaning in excess i think...
boom could also go little higher...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 3:46am
exactly right, too much lean because boom is not high enough.(once you know how to balance it the boom can go lower) raise the boom 1 to 2 feet, keep the handle wrapped short and you will get it, by keeping boom high IF you catch you will just get tripped a little and not blow out a knee (don't let go of the handle) spin back up and try again.

I've noticed that longline its easier to lean forward and not feel like you're going to faceplant, the boom makes it a little tougher to lean forward, especially if it's just shoulder/head high---that's the reason you feel like you have to lean away so far.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 4:05am
heres a high boom back when i was just starting to slide.

very high boom. it's in the middle of the vid

This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 6:38pm
nice video!
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 4:29pm
Sebastian,

That right foot is dragging out pretty far. Slow down and raise the boom. With the extra height you can reduce the speed significantly. Your rotation should come from the hips. The heel of your show foot should be almost in line with your shoulder when you are sliding. The rope handle should be center with your hip. In your video you are not rotating enough. You can get that extra rotation by turning your left foot more toward the rear of the boat. It should be a little past 90 degrees pointing toward the rear of the boat and that will help bring you around.

It wouldn't hurt to be a bit more committed to your turn into the slide. Make it happen just a little quicker. This will be much easier boom high.

Also...make sure you have some good water for the slide. I caught a roller this year and did some damage to my knee. So be careful.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 4:42pm
Uh oh....it looks like we might have a patent infringement here.

Boommate 6000

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 4:47pm
You're not losing any points here for not being 90, don't worry about it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 8:30pm
well there is a certain amount of personal satisfaction that comes from doing it correctly. there are alot of people "sidesliding" but very few who are doing it correctly. over on BFC they are having the round 3 freestyle video contest and there are examples of good and bad sideslides.

This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Uh oh....it looks like we might have a patent infringement here.

Boommate 6000

geez
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 12:08am
is it posible to do boat jump starts from a nwz? or you can get washed by the spray?
what rope lenght you need? any tip to avoig potencially injurys? (yup don´t try it)
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

well there is a certain amount of personal satisfaction that comes from doing it correctly. there are alot of people "sidesliding" but very few who are doing it correctly. over on BFC they are having the round 3 freestyle video contest and there are examples of good and bad sideslides.

sick videos! man pros can do anything on the water!

where´s your Andy?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:09am
I don't have any good editing software. I did just get a gopro Hero2 and found that the HD1080 takes some special software and a ton of space on the harddrive...so maybe next year if he does it again. so far all I have shows how little the bowrise on my Sanger is. see youtube bftskir. I may just post all the raw video up. I've heard that youtube has some editing capability but I havent figured that out yet. Roy is the guy when it comes to editing the videos but he has finally burned out on the videos after posting like 330 of them LOL.

This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:15am
I´m like you, tons of raw footage, but i can´t nor have the time and skills to edit videos....lol
yes i´ve seen youtube editing but haven´t looked much into it...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:26am
on the boat jump out start, I am sure you could jump out, going back in may pose a challenge. Crank the boom to the sky, get the handle to just reach your hands as you stand on the back corner area of the topdeck(not swim platform) then jump out landing as soft as you can...LOL, in a three point, try to land feet first with soft knees to break your fall to the water.

here was my first try, I bit my lip- LOL, it was not a soft landing, Don't do it like this! LOL

This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:31am
sweeet!
I will work on my wood boom raiser tomorrow so I can use it this sunday..lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 1:44am
I have tried to ski back into the boat and basically got a crotch full of gunnel ...just another reason to wear a cup.
This is the life
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 4:09am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

I don't have any good editing software.

Sony Movie Studio is about the best thing out there. Yes the 1080 HD raw video are really large files, my personal opinion is that if you are not doing professional work you can probably get away with 720p, that is what I shoot a lot of my stuff in. Even when I edit the 1080 p stuff I usually burn the final copy to 720.

Send me your raw footage, I'll edit it up for you guys!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2012 at 5:54am
ya Steve I read some stuff that said that was how to do it Thanks for the offer to edit I need to get more video shot first.

I'm meeting Roy with his family out on the delta tomorrow in Lost slough, we will have 2 Sangers and should get some good boat to boat video etc. should be fun. supposed to be 98 no wind. I'm stoked.
This is the life
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 5:36pm
Another set in on Sunday! The season is getting short, 72 Air temp 62 water temp, steady breeze with a 3-4 inch chop, due to the limiting conditions, I didn't progress, but still felt very comfortable on the handle.

Hope to get a couple more in.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 11:34pm
after two rainy WE I was able to foot this past sunday. Got my wooden boom raiser tuned and worked like a charm.
still not getting a nice glide on the barefeet side slides, but I´m almost there.
Then I got to use the BI shoes skis that Julio recently bought. Side slides are much easier there than with the bfc shoes!
they are very slippery but awesome for the SS, firts try and I was almost doing the scissors. On the second run, I went from a reversed side slide to back, but fell!
Boom high also makes it easier to practice the superman, tried a couple of jumps.
Sorry no footage this time.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2012 at 11:55pm
also nailed a tooth hold!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 12:04am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

also nailed a tooth hold!

That's what they call it in Arkansas!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 1:33am
even though you fell on the reverse SS to back...you know you can do it now.

The BI shoe skis are super slippery, Willie does 32 mph to do line steps on his he loves BI shoeskis and won't use anything else except his cutdown BI shoe skis that your toes drag on, about 2 inches shaved off. I like the BI shoe skis because you can go very slow like 20 to 23 mph.

just never be "care free" on shoe skis or they will hurt you.
it's when you relax a little bit- they catch and whammo
This is the life
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 11:28am
Way to go Seb!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 11:36pm
Sidesliding feet view Gopro on head.

This is the life
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2012 at 12:12pm
So that's what smooth water is like!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7374757677 152>
  Share Topic