NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 79>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 1:37pm
Just check the sheets...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 1:50pm
The fox server is overloaded? The link wasn't happy.

foxnews.com/fox & friends/new video clips/absentee ballots
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

By his own words he is a "severe conservative". Nothing objective in his proposals put him anything other than way to the right of Reagan. Obama the tax cutter is a moderate.. you guys wouldnt know a liberal if ya saw one.   

I'm reading one's post right now.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:23pm

When your ideology requires you to believe that the president of the united states wants to destroy it, and that people whose prosperity is based on their integrity are lying to you and people’s whose prosperity is advanced by lying aren’t … then it may be time to reassess your world view.    

Eric don’t taunt the conservatives.. These guys are having a tough time, they have to wake up every day and convince themselves they don’t think that Mitt Romney is creepy.

And just think of how hard it must be to get all indignant about a few hundred thousand dollars of waste in a training conference while being in favor of billions of dollars of subsidies to oil companies.

Have a heart!

Another one of those close minded people that dont see the big picture. The world is worse in every category since Obama took office. Name it! What will Obama say tomorrow night. Nothing! He has done nothing to improve, just keep on stamping and putting hurt on us middle classes with stiff regulations, and high tax rates. Look at the school that fat lip Michelle did with school food. Kids dont want it, just through it in the trash. NO fREEDOM! Just like everything else. Obama will be fumbling for words tomorrow.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:24pm
I love fox news. Watch the I-man in the morning. Barney and Lou and Gerri Willis do it right.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Have you seen the IG report on the Veterans administration 6 million dollar Orlando training conference? We do not need to raise taxes, we need to cut spending and change the government culture so those spending taxpayer dollars realize what the money means to those that it is confiscated from.

Just wondering, Do any Lefties agree that the deficit needs to be CUT?

Now if you will excuse me, I have a lot to get done today ...I need to file for bankruptcy and plan my winter trip to the Swiss Alps.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 3:26pm
if you're here and crazy voices in your head, turn off fox News!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

if you're here and crazy voices in your head, turn off fox News!

HILARIOUS!!!

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Seriously? Just because some disagree on how it should be done you think "righties" have a lock on being the champions of deficit reduction.. who was it that said that "Reagan proved deficits don't matter" it wasn't no leftie.

You do understand that an actual leftie wouldnt run a deficit they would just raise taxes because a leftie believes that taxing those that have "too much" is good for society.

A moderate believes we should decide what we want to pay for then tax equitably at a rate that pays for it.

The republican plan seems to be we should cut taxes even though we currently spend more than we take in, then we should spend more on stuff that blows up but figure out a way to not pay all those people that we promised social security and medicare to that were paying into it for the last 50 years..

As for dems vs republicans.. in my life it has gone like this

President who passed the budget      Deficit
1976 Ford     297
1977 Ford     203
1978 Carter     208
1979 Carter     128
1980 Carter     206
1981 Carter     200
1982 Reagan      304
1983 Reagan      479
1984 Reagan      410
1985 Reagan      452
1986 Reagan      462
1987 Reagan      302
1988 Reagan      300
1989 Reagan      281
1990 Bush     388
1991 Bush     453
1992 Bush     474
1993 Bush     405
1994 Clinton     314
1995 Clinton     247
1996 Clinton     157
1997 Clinton     31
1998 Clinton     -97
1999 Clinton     -173
2000 Clinton     -315
2001 Clinton     -165
2002 Bush II     201
2003 Bush II     470
2004 Bush II     501
2005 Bush II     373
2006 Bush II     282
2007 Bush II     178
2008 Bush II     489
2009 Bush II     1510
2010 Obama     1360
2011 Obama     1324
2012 Obama     1100

that is adjusted for inflation numbers.. in Billions
Based off my limited experience when democratic presidents sign budgets is the only time deficits go steadily down. It don't happen overnight when there are two wars on and an economic collapse to deal with...

I was born in 1976.. so I cannot confirm what that liberal biased history says happened before that. Frankly, I am not so sure the world existed.. I will have to check with fox to find out the real story

If Obama is such a leftie how come he hasn't yet raised taxes on anyone for anything, that dumb son of a gun has been slashing taxes to try and grow the economy, wait isn't that what Mitt says he is going to do? (Yeah I know Obamacare's mandate is a tax... well boo freaking hoo that was romneys idea too.. he actually voted for it, before he said he would vote against it, But that was before he said he will keep a lot of it, I think.)

Seriously my biggest complaint about Obama is that he campaigned on raising taxes and then couldnt or didnt get it done, in fact he did the opposite which is to lower taxes. I still vote to let the suppossed fiscal cliff happen, with or without warnings of mass layoffs.

So now I have officially fed the trolls
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 5:58pm
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 6:52pm
Joe,
I apologize for that statement. Of coarse we all want whats best for the country. My question is, how much do taxes have to be raised to get the deficit under control?    ....   AND, until the government (Dems and Repubs.) decide they have to stop stupid spending, I really dont want to pay anymore taxes than I already do. Just throw more money at it and the problem is fixed?

Good example, last year, our city received a 2.7 million dollar grant... under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.   They remodeled 2 existing homes and built 8 new homes that are on the market in the $90,000 to $120,000 range. Lets see, $270,000/per home, sell them for an average of 100K.... I didnt take time to calculate, but I think they are in the red?

It was supposed to help local contractors/ builders. The general contractor was form Springfield IL (about 200 miles away). The homes got panelized in Peoria IL (about 90 miles away). Really helped the locals!!!

Ohhh, the people buying them are subsidized as well... doesnt take long to figure out no one else could make a go of this.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 7:26pm

Joe,
I apologize for that statement. Of coarse we all want whats best for the country. My question is, how much do taxes have to be raised to get the deficit under control?    ....   AND, until the government (Dems and Repubs.) decide they have to stop stupid spending, I really dont want to pay anymore taxes than I already do. Just throw more money at it and the problem is fixed?

Good example, last year, our city received a 2.7 million dollar grant... under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.   They remodeled 2 existing homes and built 8 new homes that are on the market in the $90,000 to $120,000 range. Lets see, $270,000/per home, sell them for an average of 100K.... I didnt take time to calculate, but I think they are in the red?

It was supposed to help local contractors/ builders. The general contractor was form Springfield IL (about 200 miles away). The homes got panelized in Peoria IL (about 90 miles away). Really helped the locals!!!

Ohhh, the people buying them are subsidized as well... doesnt take long to figure out no one else could make a go of this.

Stepping back to the clinton era rates gradually over 4 years would be fine with me, along with some additional reform to close some of the overseas tax haven nonsense that the lawyers have developed between here and there.

I would also institute a heavily progressive death tax on all sums above a few million dollars.. you might have built that but we dont need your kids getting more than a few million head start before having to kick in a signfificant portion.. keep them hungry..

We all want to see money better spent, but the purpose of that program is to keep the value of the other houses in the neighborhood from falling to the point where they two would be underwater, foreclosed, and left to decimate the tax roles until someone eventually steam rolled the city. Its entire value cannot therefore be determined by the sale price of the houses at the end. The program shouldn't have been needed to begin with if the policies of unsustainable tax brakes and finacial sector deregulation had done what we were promised they would do in the first place.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:11pm
Joe,
These homes had been foreclosed on already. The city razed them to build the new. There are lots of homes for sale in the city at discounted prices already. Would they not have been better to raze the repo's and sell the lots? (maybe even break even... novel idea for a government?)

Another side effect, Like a lot of government programs that help a few but hurt others. I used to buy, fix up and sell homes. Still have friends that do this. How are they supposed to compete with a brand new subsidized home for 90g?

AND ....HUD has had programs similar to this before, even back in "The Day" when things were booming. In the late 70's we had LOTS of maunfacturing and great agriculture in region but we still had the "slum" areas of town. (Some of them the 47%ers? ) HUD came in and remodeled a lot of these homes. Some still look good, most are cr@p again. What did it prove?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:13pm
How come Obama hasn't passed a budget since he became President? Seems that this used to be a requirement. He did have cntrol of both houses for the first two years so republicans can't be the reason. So then why?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

How come Obama hasn't passed a budget since he became President? Seems that this used to be a requirement. He did have cntrol of both houses for the first two years so republicans can't be the reason. So then why?

if you do a little research you can find out for yourself. do we have to do everything for you?
it's not a secret like Romney's tax returns!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 8:56pm

if you do a little research you can find out for yourself. do we have to do everything for you?

No secret, he just sucks at his job!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 9:01pm

I would also institute a heavily progressive death tax on all sums above a few million dollars.. you might have built that but we dont need your kids getting more than a few million head start before having to kick in a signfificant portion.. keep them hungry..

Why not Take away from the government and keep it hungry? Who does all this money belong too? We have a government that has grown into a money hungry beast. In my experience when you feed the beast it gets bigger and hungrier. To suggest that the solution is to give the government more money is either naive or insane.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 9:10pm

Yea, I agree, Romney isn't really very good at his job. He kinda missed that $2,000,000 deduction to keep his taxes above 10%. One wonders how many pages it would take to do it right. After all, with an 800 page tax return I don't think he qualified for a 1040EZ. Maybe he should try that next year and he may get it right! He may pay his fair share that way like us 47%ers.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 9:19pm
I thought the whole problem was the 47% aren't paying their fair share because they're getting more from the government than they're paying into it. Isn't that a Ponzi scheme?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 9:26pm

Yea, I agree, Romney isn't really very good at his job. He kinda missed that $2,000,000 deduction to keep his taxes above 10%. One wonders how many pages it would take to do it right. After all, with an 800 page tax return I don't think he qualified for a 1040EZ. Maybe he should try that next year and he may get it right! He may pay his fair share that way like us 47%ers.

John Do you really think Romney does his own taxes?

And I know how you hate it when the rich pay more in taxes, or when the rich pay less in taxes, depends on which day of the week it is I guess. It must be fun to be liberal and not have to worry about consistency.
1987 Ski Nautique

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 9:57pm
good one john b   i wonder why on he off topic discussions I roll my eyes at you and on general discussions i really like you ,   interesting
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

good one john b   i wonder why on he off topic discussions I roll my eyes at you and on general discussions i really like you ,   interesting

Maybe because you are taking me, and everyone else, a little too seriously on these off topic threads. We all have opinions and are eager to share them, that makes this place interesting. There are many here I don't agree with, but no one here I don't like. Arguing is a great past time, and I enjoy doing it. In the general discussion I chose to listen, as I want to learn from those who have accomplished the tasks I wish to do to my boat. Just to set the record straight, I would spend my afternoon helping any one of you if I was able to do so (not campaigning though). I hate to see anger directed at another here.
I hope to meet some of you next summer at GL after this election is over. I may be difficult at times, but I usually have a smile on. Politics is not life.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 10:27pm

You do understand that an actual leftie wouldnt run a deficit they would just raise taxes because a leftie believes that taxing those that have "too much" is good for society.

If Obama is such a leftie how come he hasn't yet raised taxes on anyone for anything,

Seriously my biggest complaint about Obama is that he campaigned on raising taxes and then couldnt

What for? What good does it raising taxes on people that have to much. Live the American dream and be who you want and as much money as you want. Poor people dont hire the rich people do.

Thank god for the Bush tax cuts. When they end..... o hell They better do something. As the fiscal cliff is on its way.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 10:29pm

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 11:32pm
Romneys record does speak for itself.

http://www.realromneyrecord.com/cases/gst-steel
This is the life
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 8:35am
Greg, Bernie Madoff was a very successful man in making a buck, can a man chiseling out a living paycheck to paycheck putting 3 kids to college be considered successful? I hate that cliche that Romney is successful....but too, you can also consider him a thief, in my eyes paying 14% makes him a thief.....when you dont file your own returns, its easy to blame a mistake or so called mistake on someone else.
Obama is a master at public speaking, he will tear Romney a new ***************
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 9:48am
Sorry John, but I looked and looked and ask everywhere so since you know, Why did Obama not pass a budget while in his first term?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Romneys record does speak for itself.

http://www.realromneyrecord.com/cases/gst-steel

real link for Andy

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Greg, Bernie Madoff was a very successful man in making a buck, can a man chiseling out a living paycheck to paycheck putting 3 kids to college be considered successful? I hate that cliche that Romney is successful....but too, you can also consider him a thief, in my eyes paying 14% makes him a thief.....when you dont file your own returns, its easy to blame a mistake or so called mistake on someone else.
Obama is a master at public speaking, he will tear Romney a new ***************

A THEIF?!!?

He's already paid regular income tax on that money...the 14% is uncle sam's second bite at that apple. So add the 14 to his other rate.

I think I saw Madoff got 150 years; as it should be. How can you make a legitimate comparison that way?!!?

I just want people to put aside all the filters they see their life through and take an honest think about all of this. There's something wrong when a candidate is breaking the law(WARN=layoffs, MOVE-military voting standards) and jumping the shark(now I have to hug my garbage man) to get elected.

The healthcare bill is 2700 pages long and the tax code stands around 6 feet tall; we're supposed to have all of that with breakfast when we can carry a copy of the US Constitution in our inside pocket?    
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2012 at 10:59am

Sorry John, but I looked and looked and ask everywhere so since you know, Why did Obama not pass a budget while in his first term?

In BO's defense, I think he did present one budget...that went 0/100 in the senate.   
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 79>
  Share Topic