NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2728293031 79>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 9:59am
Now that the seal has been broken, stories that have been in orbit for four years are falling like his poll numbers. We could have a perfect storm...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Ski, Biden is a master at foreign policy,
OMH, my proven philosophy on the economy, start a war and the economy will cure itself, really, look around is the economy really that bad to where we are in soup lines.....dont go there because you guy's hate the poor in this country, the job rate dippped to 7.8, how bout an applause?
it appears to me that we are making a quicker recovery (3 years) to pull out of a near depression, 8 less that it took that what it did when the first one hit.....A Bill Maher qoute, the only ones sleeping on the street, are the ones waiting to buy an I phone 5, to replace their old one...

Eric, we don't like to view poverty, we replaced the soup lines with food shelves long ago with more people receiving them now than ever before, and homelessness was replaced with section 8 housing. We only gained 114,000 new jobs last month, not nearly enough to drop the unemployment rate by.3%. The 7.8 % number reflects the the government reducing the numbers they say are looking. We have the lowest work force participation rates since the 70's (Jimmy Carter years). Hard to applaud that. We also have a new disease where after two years of unemployment people get an unemployment stress disorder allowing them to get a permanent disability check just when their unemployment runs out. We have record numbers of new disability claims and that is with with the lowest work force participation in decades. We have not recovered and we are not winning the war on poverty, we have just domesticated the poor. We have taken away their survival instinct and housed them in barns and zoos so we can claim we treat them humanely.

Born free, as free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows............Like all living things they deserve better.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 2:29pm
in Sacramento CA "the homeless" as they are known here sleep by the rivers. They sleep in the brush and trees by the confluence of the American River and the Sacramento River, they sleep in the American River Parkway. They camp there with tents and their belongings year after year after year...the Republican Mayor just sends the Park Rangers in to roust the homeless from their camps in the bushes and sends them off to find another place, the churches are full and can't help anymore, no one helps them to get off the street it's a pretty sorry situation. They confiscated and threw all of their stuff in the trash only to be sued and then have to cut checks to them for taking their stuff illegally. There are soup lines here. These people just want a place to stay/camp since thats all they've got. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. They were on Oprah in fact. But still nothing is done no solution even tried.

During the Depression the gov built camps with cabins to house homeless people so that they could get cleaned up and get employed again when jobs came once again. It allowed them some dignity.

We all know war is just the government spending money it does not have, 2 unpaid for wars are a huge part of why the deficit is as bad as it is.

Just curious, but do you think we should be at war with Iran? with Libya? with ??? and if so how would that help our economy? do you think it might affect gasoline prices negatively? and in turn crush what has begun as the economy sputters back to life?
This is the life
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 2:40pm
[QUOTE=eric lavine] Ski, Biden is a master at foreign policy,
OMH, my proven philosophy on the economy, start a war and the economy will cure itselfdont go there because you guy's hate the poor in this country, the job rate dippped to 7.8, how bout an applause?
QUOTE]

You are kidding right. You must be liberal media beleiver. Those numbers where hoaxed by the liberal media and obama's campaign.
Still the same amount of 23,000,000 out of work but the unemployment rate went down. No way!!! No How!!

Oh and BTW, he stinks at foreign polociy. Ryan will kill him from head to toe on true facts amd not hide on what is really happening in the east. Come on man!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 3:03pm
The 23 million was fact checked and it is 12 million.
Both candidates are liars, I mean they are politicians afterall.

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-presidential-debate-missteps-015421565.html

You dig? boy.
This is the life
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

The 23 million was fact checked and it is 12 million.
Both candidates are liars, I mean they are politicians afterall.

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-presidential-debate-missteps-015421565.html

You dig? boy.

Get your facts straight. Boooooooyyyy!! 23 million. Boy!! The only reason why unemployment rate went down was because employers dont wont to be penalized from your stinking Obama care and charged a penalty, or offer health care, so in fact they hire 2 workers to work 20 hrs a wk boy!! Which stinks to high heavan. Real smart jack ass!!

I dig BISS!! Check the mirror boy!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 11:52pm
The only reason the number went down is because time ran out. Once layed off or unemployed and your 99 weeks is up your just not counted. There is not less people unemployed ( which is why there were only 114,000 jobs) There are less people collecting. That is no improvement!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 11:55pm
The 23 million is a combined impact figure, the under employed , unemployed, and those that have just given up. I am sure that figure is under counted. I have been trying to make a career change reflecting a for me business degree for 2 years. I have a very hard time getting a foot in the door as companies are mostly only hiring experienced perfect fits. Because I still have my full time job I am sure I don't show up in the stats but I am certainly being adversely effected by Obama's economy.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 12:02am

in Sacramento CA "the homeless" as they are known here sleep by the rivers. They sleep in the brush and trees by the confluence of the American River and the Sacramento River, they sleep in the American River Parkway. They camp there with tents and their belongings year after year after year...the Republican Mayor just sends the Park Rangers in to roust the homeless from their camps in the bushes and sends them off to find another place, the churches are full and can't help anymore, no one helps them to get off the street it's a pretty sorry situation. They confiscated and threw all of their stuff in the trash only to be sued and then have to cut checks to them for taking their stuff illegally. There are soup lines here. These people just want a place to stay/camp since thats all they've got. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. They were on Oprah in fact. But still nothing is done no solution even tried.

During the Depression the gov built camps with cabins to house homeless people so that they could get cleaned up and get employed again when jobs came once again. It allowed them some dignity.

We all know war is just the government spending money it does not have, 2 unpaid for wars are a huge part of why the deficit is as bad as it is.

Just curious, but do you think we should be at war with Iran? with Libya? with ??? and if so how would that help our economy? do you think it might affect gasoline prices negatively? and in turn crush what has begun as the economy sputters back to life?

We have programs for the poor and uninsured. there is a certain percentage of those that just cannot or will not apply/comply with the programs despite every effort to help them.

It was not us being at war that helped jumped started our economy. It was Europe being at war and needing our products. I have stated many times I am not a foreign policy guy. I don't like war. I think the best way to avoid it is to be the biggest strongest baddest @$$ in the room. Sometimes you have to make an example of someone to keep that reputation. If someone flies planes into your sky scrappers, whoop them soundly.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 12:03am
23 Billion it is now huh? I see how you get your figures.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 12:07am
Do you feel that a veteran should have all the same rights as every American?
This is the life
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 2:49am
Looks like Joe is feeling comfortable about the debate (or feeling something) ...

love the biker guys facial expressions...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 3:50am

23 Billion it is now huh? I see how you get your figures.

Whoops, my bad. I have been reading to many government spending stories.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 4:16am

Do you feel that a veteran should have all the same rights as every American?

Are you asking me? Sounds like a set up. Are we talking real rights? or liberals definition? The litmus test for a right is that to be a true right it cannot infringe upon another persons right. Example Right to life means I cannot TAKE anthers life through my actions as that would violate their right to life. My liberal brother in law says we have to pay for others health care to maintain their life, this is flawed because taking money from one person to pay for health care for another interferes with the rights of liberty and the pursuit of happiness of the one forced to pay. Same goes for progressive taxes. I also believe a person can forfeit their own rights voluntarily or through criminal acts. A military person voluntarily gives up some rights by joining the military just as I give up some to be employed.

Specifically I would give the military/vets a few extra privileges. If they are old enough to fight and die for their country they should be old enough to have a drink. They should get free cuts in the movie theater line. They should be thanked at the start of sports events just prior to the national anthem.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 4:52am
Wasteful government spending story of the day.

We spent 150 million tax payer money to build a battery factory for the Chevy volt. Obama attended the ground breaking touting this. "You are leading the way in showing how manufacturing jobs are coming right back here to the United States of America,” Obama told workers at the ground-breaking ceremony. “Our goal has never been to create a government program, but rather to unleash private-sector growth. And we're seeing results.”
The factory was to employ hundreds but they are now furloughing workers and have yet to sell a battery. The few batteries Chevy is buying are from South Korea.
It is a little hard to sell higher taxes when they go to support Obama's gambling losses.

150 million to build Volt battery factory.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 9:05am
I have a feeling if i said the sky was blue, you whitey righties would say it was green, hey, OMH what if a man blows up a government building in Oklahoma, should we bomb Montana?
im really curious what Mcveighs political background is, far to the right or only half way? im just guessing, that he was a righty btw, only because of his hate for government
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 9:10am
wasteful spending of the millinium, 455 billion a year, being a bully, let our people starve and blame it on something else like a battery factory....gettig kinda use to the blame game
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 9:44am

I have a feeling if i said the sky was blue, you whitey righties would say it was green, hey, OMH what if a man blows up a government building in Oklahoma, should we bomb Montana?
im really curious what Mcveighs political background is, far to the right or only half way? im just guessing, that he was a righty btw, only because of his hate for government

Eric. As I look out my window at 5:40 Am the sky is black! Sometimes facts that sound perfectly legitimate just are not accurate.

If a man from Montana blows up a building in Oklahoma killing innocents. I say he through the crime has forfeited his right to life. Now if the state of Montana decides to blow up a building in Oklahoma. Then we have a civil war.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 9:56am

wasteful spending of the millinium, 455 billion a year, being a bully, let our people starve and blame it on something else like a battery factory....gettig kinda use to the blame game

Eric I believe that is a cumulative figure, and it represents approx one third of Obama's deficit his first year. When will you acknowledge the bigger portion of the problem? Despite the war spending being deficit spending Obama is already discussing how to spend the "saving's" as if they are money in the bank. You use the deficit as a reason to end wars. but it is clear the deficit is not your real concern. For the record I don't think we belong in a lot of these skirmishes either, especially not without a clear objective and an a long term commitment to win. In other words you don't bomb Libya and help take out its leader without figuring out who will fill the vacuum of power. As we have seen that leads to a ambassador and marine deficit.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 10:39am

let our people starve and blame it on something else like a battery factory....gettig kinda use to the blame game

Almost missed this one. Since when do we let our people starve? We are giving out record numbers of food stamps and the #1 medical problem among the poor is obesity. Not hard to figure out. Give them free food and pay them to do nothing and they gain weight. Top that of with Michele Obama BLAMING IT ON THE FOOD! All we need is soda pop and trans fat bans, and more government interference to fix the results of the other government interference.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 1:57pm
Hi Dave,

The LG Chem battery plant that you linked to is in my hometown. Maybe you should balance Fox New's coverage with that of the local newspaper, which itself leans rather right. It is not as cut and dried as Fox would have you believe.

Holland Sentinel LG Chem Article

Even with furloughing people the construction of the facility alone was ~$300 million, most of which went to construction workers in Michigan. Probably some people I know. I'm sure they're happy about that. And I bet you would be too.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 2:15pm
I bet California construction workers just LOVED their paychecks from building the Solyndra plant too!

Or, as Nancy Pelosi has said in the past, maybe we should just put everybody on foodstamps and welfare to stimulate the economy. The more on the govt teet, the stronger the economy by extension one would assume!!   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 3:09pm
Perfect, so as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others, Agreed:
So you do support gay marriage then, it certainly does not infringe on anyone elses rights. Romney does not feel veterans should have the right to pursue happiness.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/gay-veteran-steals-the-show-at-romney-endorsement-event/
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 3:13pm
The buildings that Solyndra was in were pre existing. I've seen them there empty years before Solyndra was there.
This is the life
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 3:50pm
What does being a veteran have to do with the gay marriage issue?

"What ever makes you happy , as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else" is part of the moral decay in the US.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 4:18pm
We're voting this November for the 3rd time on gay marriage. It's been voted down twice, once before the democrat state legislature passed it and once to repeal it after they passed it. It's a very divisive issue in this state.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 6:12pm
Why should gays not be allowed/have the right to get married?
(Just the sheer number of gay marriages could do alot to help the economy.)

There have always been gays in the military, so there are gay veterans who would like to be allowed to marry the person of their choice. How does that hurt/infringe on anyone else?
This is the life
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 6:26pm

The buildings that Solyndra was in were pre existing. I've seen them there empty years before Solyndra was there.

Nope, Solyndra built it to build solar panels.....at taxpayer expense!

"You don't pick the winners and losers, you just picks the losers". Quote by Mitt Romney to Obama during the first presidental debate.   

Article on Solyndra Building....Sold for 30% of original value
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 6:34pm

Why should gays not be allowed/have the right to get married?
(Just the sheer number of gay marriages could do alot to help the economy.)

There have always been gays in the military, so there are gay veterans who would like to be allowed to marry the person of their choice. How does that hurt/infringe on anyone else?

I'm not about to get into that debate. This is the way it's been framed in Maine: If you're not for it, you're against it and if you're against it, then you're a hateful biggot. All the poles are showing a slight lead for it to pass.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2012 at 7:11pm
Solyndra built an approx 400,000 sq ft building on a 30 acre property that did in fact include other pre existing buildings. As follows:

Solyndra used the new plant for the first phase of panel production. An older facility nearby finished and assembled the panels, former employees said. Problems developed at the old plant, when machinery wouldn’t work properly and needed constant repair, workers said.

This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2728293031 79>
  Share Topic