NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3132333435 79>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2012 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Link no worky

It's kind of strange that liars and murderers will all end up in that lake full of fire and brimstone down in Hell, since EVERYONE has lied about something sometime---I'll see you guys out on the lake hope somebody's got a decent skiboat down there.

Anybody else here that was a big fan of St Elsewhere? Reminds me of Dr Peter White ending up spending eternity in hell with a boat and water skis but no one to drive.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 1:36am
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:18am
Wow, I feel bruised just from watching the debate. They may need to run these guys through metal detectors before the next one. I am sure the lame stream media will call it for Obama. I thought it was pretty evenly matched. I think the belief of which ideology is the answer to our problems will show up in the polls more than the performance of the participants. I thought both sides articulated their ideological differences well. The moderator was way to tolerant on letting the responses run overtime.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 11:26am
i think obama won with his well trained hand movements .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:15pm
I think most people call it a tie last night. But I thought personally, Romney cut his nuts off when Romney stated, if your polocies where working, how come we are still paying 4.00 a gallon for gas. How come unemployment is still high? How come people are on food stamps since you took office. Bottom line, Romney is more wittyer than Obama and has got out classed. Period!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:27pm
I think most people call it a tie last night. But I thought personally, Romney cut his nuts off when Romney stated, if your polocies where working, how come we are still paying 4.00 a gallon for gas. How come unemployment is still high? How come people are on food stamps since you took office. Bottom line, Romney is more wittyer than Obama and has got out classed. Period!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:28pm
Funny how short memories are. Wasn't it Bush that ushered in the era of $4 fuel and unemployment. If we had continued those policies, how much worse would it have gotten? I'd say they are working a hell of a lot better than the previous admin.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:44pm
Giving tax breaks to the rich has never helped the middle class, it's been proven to fail over and over, we're not going to try it again. Romney is toast.
This is the life
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by TX Wind TX Wind wrote:

Funny how short memories are. Wasn't it Bush that ushered in the era of $4 fuel and unemployment. If we had continued those policies, how much worse would it have gotten? I'd say they are working a hell of a lot better than the previous admin.

When Bush left gas was 1.78. And the unemployment rate was 6% from the labor department.

Glass seeker you must not understand the free market and how it works.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 3:13pm
I understand perfectly. I'm sure Romney is "wittyer". LOL...Mitt the Nit Wit, LOL
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 3:21pm
Lee you have to ask yourself why gas was 1.68 when Bush left, and if you can be honest about it you will know it was because Bush ran the entire economy into a deep deep hole.
And it was during Bush's term that we first saw 4.00+ gas.

I see that some of the Texans are not so happy with TransCanada building the pipeline in TX, TransCanada has already said they will not guarantee that the oil won't be exported...so much for the Keystone XL being the do all end all to bring oil independence to America. I had already said they were just going to export it to the highest bidder, that's capitalism, gotta love it.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 3:27pm
I love how Romney looked mad about ObamaCare, then while he was talking about his accomplishments he said as Gov he insured 98% of the people in MA. That is some funny stuff there.
This is the life
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:25pm

Lee you have to ask yourself why gas was 1.68 when Bush left, and if you can be honest about it you will know it was because Bush ran the entire economy into a deep deep hole.
And it was during Bush's term that we first saw 4.00+ gas.

I see that some of the Texans are not so happy with TransCanada building the pipeline in TX, TransCanada has already said they will not guarantee that the oil won't be exported...so much for the Keystone XL being the do all end all to bring oil independence to America. I had already said they were just going to export it to the highest bidder, that's capitalism, gotta love it.

I never saw 4.00 gas with G.W. Maybe high 2's. We where freeking cause thinking oh hell if it gets to three where screwed. The pipeline will be great for the economy. This texan loves it bro. And Romney will put restrictions to keep it in America.

How bout all the resources we have here?? Obama loves foreign countries and loves the global economy. Yes we can make money that way, but we need too focus on ourselves first. Oh I forgot, he is from Keyma.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Originally posted by TX Wind TX Wind wrote:

When Bush left gas was 1.78. And the unemployment rate was 6% from the labor department.

Glass seeker you must not understand the free market and how it works.

For real? Look at the history of gas prices under Bush. That was a superficial, very short lived drop in fuel prices that came back up in Obama's first 100 days. Nothing Obama did in the first 100 days had an impact on that. Gasoline is sold as a futures commodity. So...the gas prices are pretty much determined months ahead of time.

Good luck Glass Seeker on educating Republicans. It's a lost cause.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:29pm

I love how Romney looked mad about ObamaCare, then while he was talking about his accomplishments he said as Gov he insured 98% of the people in MA. That is some funny stuff there.

If you Andy really think Obama care is the answer. You need to get your head checked bro. You think everyone should have insurance. ANYONE!! Health premiums will go through the roof when Jan 1 hits. And also your private doctors will not take it. So guess what, go buy you some goverment healthcare and go see how great it is. And let me know.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:33pm
The democrats never think about where is the money come from first. Just stamp it and we will figure it out is not a real great model for America.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:33pm
Why is it working so well in MA?

I guess when it comes down to it, you have the truth and you have republicans but the two shall never meet.
This is the life
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:36pm

I never saw 4.00 gas with G.W. Maybe high 2's. We where freeking cause thinking oh hell if it gets to three where screwed.

Well if you didnt see it you were blind- cause we still havent hit the peak gas prices seen under G.W. and we certainly havent gotten anywhere near the oil, or natural gas price peaks hit under bush.    

And romney cant restrict the export of oil, its against those trade rules he has spent the last week complaining china is breaking, beside that is would be contrary to everthing he believes and is nothing he has said he would do.

I still dont understand do we need a small government to get out of businesses way, or do we need a big strong government that can control the price of gas?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:36pm
Last time I was in a hospital Emergency room my forehead was split open so you could see my skull and I was told to take a seat and it would be five hours before they could get to me.

Why? because of all the people without insurance who were there for a cold and sniffles.
This is the life
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:41pm
Why are more people not concerned about the debt? The gas price is a pain but in the grand scheme of things...

Can you say "Greece II" ?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:46pm

The democrats never think about where is the money come from first. Just stamp it and we will figure it out is not a real great model for America.

I do believe that it was Clinton that balanced a budget. He insisted on it. Wouldn't let congress chop Medicare up to do it or rob SSI. We went to 3 emergency budgets over it. The president proposes the budget to congress and signs off on it in the end. So he is the start and finish of that buck.

You see....as much as they would like to, the Republicans can not take credit for balancing the budget. THEY FOUGHT IT LIKE CATS AND DOGS! And who took us right back to deficit with his first budget? Oh yeah, that was George Bush...a Republican. And now that he's handed a freight train out of control over to Obama it's suddenly Obama's fault. But like Joe pointed out, Obama's deficits in his budget proposals are getting smaller not larger. That's in contrast to Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. Seems to me that it's the Republicans wanting to print it now and sort it out later.

Look it up. Then tell me some arbitrary statement of fallacy like that.
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:58pm
Okay, here's why you're paying $4 for gas. It's tied to our national debt. When a govt. goes into deficit spending they are printing more money than they have backing for. That decreases the value of those dollars in the market out there. When Bush took office, gas was what...a buck 30 maybe a buck 50? Gold was also $300 an ounce. 8 years later, with massive deficit spending gold is at $900/ oz and gas at $4 plus. Both are commodities and both rose about the same by percentage. Why? Because the value of the dollar dissipated due to deficit spending.

So...if you were working for a factory making $30k a year under Clinton that was about 100 oz of gold. 8 years later if you are working the exact same job and making 45k (which would have been terrific raises) you are effectively making 50 oz of gold. And you guys wonder why real estate collapsed? Are you kidding? No one could afford their notes because the amount they were having to pay for commodities was eating them up.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 4:59pm

Deficit!?!

Romney tells us he is going to cut taxes, makes promises about more military spending but doesnt give any detail on spending cuts or closing of tax loop holes unless you count a few billion out of pbs or planned parenthood.

That statements and a little grade school math tell me Romney will not only balloon the debt but also the deficit.

Have you read his six "studies" that say his math works? Even Chris Wallace on Fox news was forced to challege that lie this last weekend but they keep trotting it out.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Why are more people not concerned about the debt? The gas price is a pain but in the grand scheme of things...

Can you say "Greece II" ?

Are you not reading? I'm very concerned about the debt but when you have ballooned it like Bush did and run the country in the hole like he did, it takes some time to wrangle that in.

Why do Republicans like a weak dollar and deficit spending? Here's why and I challenge any Republican to give me a logical and well thought rebuttal to the obvious truth.

Let's say you own a factory and ship items world wide. What's your number one cost most of the time? Labor. It never goes down, only up. Now let's say you make an item that costs a dollar and a dollar costs a 100 yen in Japan. Then your item costs 100 yen in Japan. Now, if we weaken the dollar and it only costs 50 yen for a dollar, you sell more of your product in Japan. This works for the manufacturer because labor remained relatively fixed while the dollar fell. So now he is more competitive on a world wide basis. And here is the beauty of it for the mfr. His product naturally follows the strongest currency so he is relatively insulated from the falling dollar because he is receiving funds in a dominant currency.

Since the average guy isn't getting paid in a currency on the rise, he is on the losing end. So who gets richer and who gets poorer? Where does the middle class go? You see, you were getting paid double the money under Clinton in real value that you were under Bush and you didn't even realize it. Man that's smooth isn't it? So while they've got you distracted with ridiculous issues like abortion and taxes they are robbing you blind.

So for all you Republicans out there, I will take my 30K under Clinton with his slightly higher tax rate to the 45k under Bush's plan any day. Anybody that wouldn't should be required to go back to grade school and learn arithmetic again.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 5:36pm
Jeff,
I'm only saying in the polls.... I believe only ten percent of the people saw the debt as the major issue.
That shocked me!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Jeff,
I'm only saying in the polls.... I believe only ten percent of the people saw it as the major issue.
That shocked me!!!

My apologies. I certainly agree. But that's what political spin is all about. In my lifetime, I have had all the rhetoric about how "conservative" Republicans are that I can stand. There is NOTHING conservative about weakening the dollar and deficit spending.

I don't like Obama's deficits either but I understand their necessity. Bush borrowed a ton of money for a firecracker party of a war. Now that the firecrackers are all gone, there's no return on the investment. If you did that with a business the only way to get out of that debt would be to borrow more to invest in something to pay it back. In Obama's case that investment has been infrastructure and the American people. And let's get real here. The economy steadily declined for 8 years under Bush. It's at least stabilizing somewhat after Obama. We are just now getting to the point where we can seriously start attacking the deficit issue and a good solid energy policy is going to help that a bunch.

The problem on the energy front is that neither side has a good answer but if any policy is going to succeed we need a govt. opposed to the supply side tax less spend more policies the Bush admin. brought to town.

But you are absolutely right sir. The deficit is a problem. It was not,however, an Obama creation. It was an inherited nightmare. The fact that his budget deficits are slowly decreasing is encouraging. We did not get that from any Republican president in my lifetime. Not one. We HAVE had 2 Democrats do that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 6:18pm
Steve I agree with you bud. Can you say 6 trillion dollars. And a sucky unemployment rate. Thats what I care about. But all they can do is point the finger. Its ok.

Bush was a war man. God Bless him. Who ever said freedom is FREE!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 6:51pm

Steve I agree with you bud. Can you say 6 trillion dollars. And a sucky unemployment rate. Thats what I care about. But all they can do is point the finger. Its ok.

Bush was a war man. God Bless him. Who ever said freedom is FREE!!

The quote sounds about right, God bless the killing! How can we kill more? Should each person sacrifice a family member to please this hateful god?
War man, but he dodged the draft when it was his turn, and killed tens or hundreds of thousands of innocents. Go god!
Freedom is not free, and its time for you to step up and pay the bill.. Well, after you get off the dole!
Seems you can afford to save for a ski boat, you obviously have a computer andingerweb access. Why did your god let you get this disease. Did he force you to do the things you do? I am happy I can do whatever I want and take a mullagain at the end!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Bush was a war man. God Bless him. Who ever said freedom is FREE!! [IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="middle[/IMG]

The quote sounds about right, God bless the killing! How can we kill more? Should each person sacrifice a family member to please this hateful god?
War man, but he dodged the draft when it was his turn, and killed tens or hundreds of thousands of innocents. Go god!
Freedom is not free, and its time for you to step up and pay the bill.. Well, after you get off the dole!
Seems you can afford to save for a ski boat, you obviously have a computer andingerweb access. Why did your god let you get this disease. Did he force you to do the things you do? I am happy I can do whatever I want and take a mullagain at the end!

I am not the sick one John. God gives us a choice and I always went the wrong direction. What the hell is dole johnny boy? I have paid my fair share and cant wait to pay more. Another liberal personal attack. It is that all you got.
America believes in helping our allies that our weak like your self. But you wouldnt understand, that just how you are. Its what we call satin. The devil loves it when we sin. There is always 2 decisions to make. RIGHT OR WRONG!! [8-}] I choose to have lots of sex with wrong women. My choice. Wrong way tho. God didnt force me to do nothing. He would do nothing of the sort. But he healed a very sick man. Thats God johnny boy. Go ahead and live by your rules, as stated in previous posts, that is a bad formula to hell. [:^:]
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2012 at 7:46pm
Then, you will be free to pursue your own self interests without any artificial constraints on your way of thinking. And that is a sure recipe for hell. The devil is only too happy for people to make up their own moral codes based on what they “feel” is right.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3132333435 79>
  Share Topic