Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Hey Morfoot,
I think I have plates, forks, spoons, knives, blue solo cups left over from Reid P's end of the year fling. Also, I am getting a 15 pound turkey smoked and sliced for the Sat night meal. Although I will probably be alone on Friday night, my daughter plans to join the party early Saturday morning and stay until Sunday P.M. And I am bringing the '75 even though only a select few have ever seen it run. That would hsve been at White Lake 2011 before my pre-mature ejection. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Even if Nat's not there Friday I don't think you'll be the only Deen...I'm looking at plane tickets right now and aiming for Wednesday. If you don't have the tent set up I guess I'll have to see if Joe or Tim wants to spoon. Kristie says she's coming and already called dibs on Lauren.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2013 at 11:53pm
Hey Murph, Got girls, Twins 16 (On Monday 2-4-13), Emily 14, Boys 11 and 9. And MAY also have another "adopted" boy 10. That makes 5 or 6. Plus the Croc Doc. They really enjoyed last year, however just Sunday. We are all looking forward to the experience and opportunity to meet new friends.
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 12:00am
Thanks Billy. Girls still speak well of you and the Boat Nurse. Mr. Art too! I am excited we are all booked for the weekend, and I will be able to take along "Deb" my gf to meet you all.
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Hey Morfoot,
I think I have plates, forks, spoons, knives, blue solo cups left over from Reid P's end of the year fling. Also, I am getting a 15 pound turkey smoked and sliced for the Sat night meal.And I am bringing the '75 even though only a select few have ever seen it run. That would hsve been at White Lake 2011 before my pre-mature ejection.

I guess I'll have to see if Joe or Tim wants to spoon. Kristie says she's coming and already called dibs on Lauren.

Sounds great Jackie, I wanna say The Doc and Nurse may have some plates and stuff left over from last year but will check to make sure. They are usually loaded down to gills with supplies every year but know they'll bring it if they have it. The Turkey sounds great! I'm guessing we'll have 100+ Fans or more as this thing keeps getting bigger every year so plan on that . Glad to hear your dragging the 75 down and let's hope that the ejection seat is a one time use only.   

Adam, looks like you'll have to spoon with Dad as I'm spooning with a couple of Buffalo's for the long weekend. I may be bringing more than 'Miss Scarlett' with me this year so that forces you out. Besides....Donald has first dibs anyway! Glad to hear you're gonna try and make this one. You won't regret it if you do.   
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 2:40pm
i love going camping with my dad, it just might be challenging if I get there two days ahead of him. maybe I'll tell the airline that I have to have my tent otherwise the plane can't fly...airlines will hire anybody, it shouldn't be to hard to bamboozle them
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 2:50pm
Where has Halston been on this thread? Very surprising that he hasn't posted yet. His last post was back in September. I'm starting to wonder if he sold his boat.... Where are ya Sweet?????
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2013 at 9:34pm
And What about Salty? Have not seen any comments from him?
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2013 at 2:48pm
Time is getting close,6 weeks and some change......... Always a great start on the boating season,I hope to see some new faces this year, along with the vets that keep coming back.
As we get closer to late March, we will have posted a seperate info list,
Name, guests, cabin name, phone numbers, arrival and departure times.    
We will also need boat info, for those needing a ride and those owners with extra seating.
If you have an extra bed/sofa/small corner, that can be used a fellow CCFan please share... We seem to end up with an extra on the sofa every year...Billy
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 11:28pm
I was one of the extras last year, thanks Billy and Karen for the place to sleep at night.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 1:19am
Hey and no locking the keys in the rental car this year! If anyone does fly in I am in between MCO and SFB airports and I wont even make you ride in the back.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 1:32am
What happens at River Run .........

Stays at River Run.....

What keys..........
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 3:52am
I think someone should add one of these for the raffle, in case some one needs it..http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Hand-Bilge-Pump&i=71783&aID=601Y1&merchID=4006
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 10:32am
I assume the key reference is aimed at me!,,,,,,?.....!,,,,,,    You all can rest easy.........I don't think it is in the cards for me this year.......but if something would happen to break loose.....you all may have to help me look for the long gone rental car keys.   Have a great time..
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 7:43pm
I was hoping to see you again this year Bill. Sorry you can not make it!
Js
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 12:06am
Thanks Jerry. I have not ruled it out completely. But "hertz" called and said I need find another rental company if I do show up in fl again.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 10:48am
Bill before you step foot on the water or in a boat we'd hog tie your keys to a throwable boat cushion thus preventing the problem from happening again.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 11:03am
Just don't be like quinner and have 16 keys attached to one float.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 12:07pm
Well this week we are knee deep in snow, and winter is beginning to drag, so I throwing some Jimmy Buffett on the Pandora and letting my mind wander down south to the bends of the St Johns…

Mike (Lakedog55) – Your mask is currently attached to my slalom ski, that should get it down there.   I am thinking I will be sure to bring along a mask and snorkel of my own this year and do a little spring diving.

Greg (Buffalo BFN) – I wouldn’t let 200k miles on a tow vehicle bother ya… I don’t even buy them till they hit 175K+ and they always get me back home, sure maybe I blow out an air bag or something every now and then … but that just adds to the adventure!

Don (TX foilhead) - I agree that you should do what you can to make it over, even if you have to cut back the scale of the adventure to a boys weekend. I have been known to rent out floor space, maybe even a spot in the bunkhouse if available for foiling lessons, and the airports aren’t all that far away.   Call it a scouting trip for a larger scale family excursion next year.   

Adam (Iaughtnaut) – I would be happy to throw some camping gear into the truck for you if you would like. As for Kristie calling dibs on spooning with Lauren.. she is a little late to that party, but I would hate to leave her out in the cold completely so tell her we will arm wrestle for who gets to be the big spoon and who gets to the be the little spoon.

Sorry to hear that Bill might not be able to swing it this year, was looking forward to a little less rushed footing session with him.

I am getting reports from across the country of people hitting the gym and tightening up their diets to be in tip top shape for the river run… funny how I aways seem to be sitting at a bar eating chicken wings when these reports come in, looks like joe might have to bring his big boy barefoot suit!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 12:54pm
Do you really think someone wants me and a couple of upholstery axes in their ride? I guess they would help with making some firewood. I haven't ruled it completely out, Uncle Sam is being a little more generous than in years past (I don't owe him anything for once). I'll have to see if there's anything left once the boat is back together, and how I feel about rolling the dice on the trailer making the trip.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 1:25pm
Joe, the mileage is almost an excuse. I haven't had time to do much to the pumpkin since the last river run. I seem to stay under the doghouse?!!?

We'll see. Also, Tim and I are in the osprey and there's an outside chance we'll be there just the 2 of us; is it spouses or spices...they may or may not be able to make it. Makes for sofa and floor space. I can't offer it yet, but again we'll see. Plus I haven't checked with Tim in about a week.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Also, Tim and I are in the osprey and there's an outside chance we'll be there just the 2 of us; is it spouses or spices...they may or may not be able to make it. Makes for sofa and floor space. I can't offer it yet, but again we'll see.

Well I haven't tied the knot again so in my case it would have to be Spice. As of now, Pam and I are heading down Thurs morn but she has still gotta work out a few details. If the ladies aren't going then Greg I say you and I just head out early Wed morning in the Durango dragging 'Miss Scarlett' with us.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Adam (Iaughtnaut) – I would be happy to throw some camping gear into the truck for you if you would like. As for Kristie calling dibs on spooning with Lauren.. she is a little late to that party, but I would hate to leave her out in the cold completely so tell her we will arm wrestle for who gets to be the big spoon and who gets to the be the little spoon.
you have clearly never argued with Kristie... pick a fight with your neice if you want an idea what it's like... not the older ones, the one that can't talk yet.

I might take you up on the camping gear though.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

As of now, Pam and I are heading down Thurs morn but she has still gotta work out a few details.
Tim, I think your spell check is broken, Kim starts with K, not P
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 7:56pm
In case anyone is in the area the weekend prior newly formed Cypress Gardens show ski team has show 3/16 @ Lake Silver in Winter Haven.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 9:49pm

Adam, that is just wrong in every which way, but unfortunately true and very funny!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 10:39pm
Tim, I booked the room from tues nite to sunday nite. I want to make sure and catch the before and after events. I was thinking dark 30 on tuesday morning for departure.

Spice is right in your case then, but spooning?!!?   

Amy will probably make it as well, but I thought I'd throw out possibilities.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 11:54pm
Joe,
Bring the ski, I would like to try and ski this year. I also have a barefoot international boom foor sale.
Thanks
Mike
Lakedog55
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Adam, that is just wrong in every which way, but unfortunately true and very funny!
I couldn't resist, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 2:37am
Woah wait. We have to learn a new name? You're off the Kims?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Woah wait. We have to learn a new name? You're off the Kims?

Yes, I'm retiring that name for good Hollywood but stuck with a 3 lettered one so you could remember her name easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic