NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6869707172 79>
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 1:11am
That math doesn't work either, 10,000 of the cars are built here and exported to Europe and sold as the Opel/Vauxhall. That accounts for $400,000,000 toward our trade deficit. Kinda makes the incentive look puny, along with the fact that many buyers don't get the full tax credit due to their tax status. The 30 sold to the French Embassy don't count either.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 1:52am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

That math doesn't work either, 10,000 of the cars are built here and exported to Europe and sold as the Opel/Vauxhall. That accounts for $400,000,000 toward our trade deficit. Kinda makes the incentive look puny, along with the fact that many buyers don't get the full tax credit due to their tax status. The 30 sold to the French Embassy don't count either.

Are you sure?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 2:23am
Yep, I'm sure!
Europe’s best-selling electric passenger vehicle with a continent-wide market share of over 20 percent, the Ampera took more than 77 percent of the passenger EV market share. In a statement, Opel noted this made the Ampera “the undisputed leader of its segment by a wide margin with all the other competitors only managing single figure percentages.”

Opel Ampere, europe's best selling hybrid

opel Ampera sales in Europe

Ampera European sales 2013

New York City police cars

European Car of the Year

You can bet your bippy that GM isn't selling a boatload of extended Suburbans over there!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 3:05am
But are you sure we are not subsidizing their sales?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 3:10am
Dave,
Were you equally unhappy when the Bush administration first established tax credits for hybrid vehicles in 2006......built by foreign manufacturers? I don't see the Obama administration being much different, with the exception of now providing the credit for American built cars.
Here is Bush's 2006 tax credit plan;

2008 Prius     $3,150
2008 Highlander Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)     $2,600
2008 Lexus RX400h (2WD & 4WD)     $2,200     
2008 Camry Hybrid     $2,600     

Additionally, the tax credit only covers the first 60,000 cars in a model line. Since Toyota/Lexus (Toyota with leather seat pads) had 4 models, they got rebates for 240,000 cars, in stead of the 60,000 the Volt will get.

One other tidbit, George HW Bush (the one I like) took delivery of a New Chevy Volt in March of 2012. It was a birthday gift for his son Neil Bush.

can you be sure that your dreams are not reality and your waking hours a fantasy?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 9:34am

can you be sure that your dreams are not reality and your waking hours a fantasy?

I am reasonably sure based on "the only thing that is certain is death and taxes theory". There is no tax assessment for dreaming, no wealth gets transferred, there is not even a budget, and I never die. Reality must be reality.

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 9:35am

Dave,
Were you equally unhappy when the Bush administration first established tax credits for hybrid vehicles in 2006

Yes.
1987 Ski Nautique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 11:40am
Pretty interesting stuff Bob Woodward's been writing the past few days.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I am reasonably sure based on "the only thing that is certain is death and taxes theory". There is no tax assessment for dreaming, no wealth gets transferred, there is not even a budget, and I never die. Reality must be reality.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff Bob Woodward's been writing the past few days.

I have not had the time to find and read the pieces, I have just heard some quotes, but it is neat to observe when people have an ahh-hah moment.

The evolving story with ICE releasing prisoners sounds like it is becoming another Benghazi. The initial story that it was a rogue decision changed yesterday to it having been ordered by homeland security a week ago. The numbers released are about triple the 8.5% cut "needed". With the media on their side this administration seems to think it can lie with impunity. I have never seen such fear mongering or such blatant abuse of power trying to ensure a 1% reduction of spending causes the most visible harm possible to further the spend and tax agenda.
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 11:02am
I heard something yesterday that caught my ear(I was doing something else). There is only one job description in the Constitution. Without a free press this democratic republic doesn't stand a chance.

If the press is indeed being strong-armed, what do we do? And what about a young reporter trying to get his start on the Hill? He sees Woodward on the whipping post and his reaction is...?

Something like this might explain the fawning and leg tingles? I'd cuss my mom with a knife to my throat.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 10:31pm
I didn't see it, but aparantly our local National Guard packed up and left today; guns and all.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 10:33pm
I think the sequestering might have barackfired on himself. he seems to be perspiring a bit , it will be interesting to see what will happen soon when the middle class realizes that he was trying to scare them . kind of like school superintendents that start talking about budget cuts . they all start with what the poor grammar school are going to lose . at the lower grade levels is where you get the parents that panic about loss of services for their little babies . by the time they hit high school the are a little calmer .
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 11:19pm
That is exactly what the inmates running the asylum want you to think.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2013 at 11:25pm
Here is a little story from the AP.

Taxes paid by rich at a 30 year high.

Summary, Rich are paying the most they have paid in 30 years, middle income and low income are paying less. The left tells us we do not have a spending problem, but an income problem. So if the rich are already paying at high levels, who is not paying their fair share? Or is the left wrong and we do have a spending problem?
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 1:34am
Well, Dave,
At least we are moving in the right direction. Since the top 20% hold more than 85% of the wealth, they are still screwing the dog, paying less than their share. We can only hope it gets back to the "good old days".
Top tax rates by year;

35.0 percent;   2012
39.6 percent:   2000
31 percent:      1991
50 percent:      1986
70 percent:      1980
91 percent:      1963
84.4 percent:   1950
94 percent:      1945
79 percent:      1939
63 percent:      1935
25 percent:      1931
46 percent:      1924
73 percent:      1921

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 10:40am
Well, we made progress on our debt growth this weekend, & all it took is for our elected officials to do nothing. The Seinfeld approach works!

Maybe if we paid the officials less, they will spend less!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 11:02am

Well, Dave,
At least we are moving in the right direction. Since the top 20% hold more than 85% of the wealth, they are still screwing the dog, paying less than their share. We can only hope it gets back to the "good old days".
Top tax rates by year;

35.0 percent;   2012
39.6 percent:   2000
31 percent:      1991
50 percent:      1986
70 percent:      1980
91 percent:      1963
84.4 percent:   1950
94 percent:      1945
79 percent:      1939
63 percent:      1935
25 percent:      1931
46 percent:      1924
73 percent:      1921

That 1931 rate would be fine with me!
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 11:21am

Ahh yes the good old days of the Great Depression ....
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 9:58pm
I came across a thought provoking interview today. One snippet is shared below. You can find more if you follow the link.

"For top earners, we need more research, but I have yet to see a study that shows me that when you increase top tax rates, top earners work less. An interesting study that was done by Robert Moffitt and Mark Wilhelm using the tax overhaul of 1986—Reagan’s big second tax reform. The study showed that when Reagan cut the top tax rate, pre-tax top income surged, but the authors looked at the hours of work of those high earners and couldn’t see any effect on their reported hours. Of course, it was a small sample, but I hope that in the future, researchers can look at margins like retirement—do highly paid executives retire earlier now that Obama has raised their tax rates? That’s exactly the type of study we need. And of course I would revise my views if you showed me convincingly that those top guys are indeed working a lot less."

Taxing Away Inequality
A Conversation with Emmanuel Saez
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I think the sequestering might have barackfired on himself. he seems to be perspiring a bit , it will be interesting to see what will happen soon when the middle class realizes that he was trying to scare them . kind of like school superintendents that start talking about budget cuts . they all start with what the poor grammar school are going to lose . at the lower grade levels is where you get the parents that panic about loss of services for their little babies . by the time they hit high school the are a little calmer .

I think they have finally pushed him in the corner. They called his bluff...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 10:46pm
The only citizens pushed into a corner with the sequestration are those who will be layed off. none of the politicians are affected by this.

The Budget Control Act of 2011 (sequestration) was supported by both sides of the isle, but far more Republicans than Democrats voted in favor.

House vote;
"Passed with amendment by recorded vote"
Vote by party     Yea     Nay     NV     Total
Democrats          95       95       3       193
Republicans        174     66       0       240

Senate vote;
"Agreed in the House amendment to the bill by Yea-Nay Vote"
Democrats          45        6        0     51
Republicans        28       19       0     47
Independents      1        1        0     2

It is not a party line issue, it is a "I really don't care about my country or those who elected me" issue. Naturally the posturing and finger pointing has now begun.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 1:52am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I said I liked the RATE! John seems to think anything historical is good.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 2:03am

The only citizens pushed into a corner with the sequestration are those who will be layed off. none of the politicians are affected by this.

The Budget Control Act of 2011 (sequestration) was supported by both sides of the isle, but far more Republicans than Democrats voted in favor.

House vote;
"Passed with amendment by recorded vote"
Democrats          95       95       3       193
Republicans        174     66       0       240

Senate vote;
"Agreed in the House amendment to the bill by Yea-Nay Vote"
Democrats          45        6        0     51
Republicans        28       19       0     47
Independents      1        1        0     2

It is not a party line issue, it is a "I really don't care about my country or those who elected me" issue. Naturally the posturing and finger pointing has now begun.

!. It was barracks idea, and he signed it into law. Now he says it is stupid.
2. Republicans in the house passed two alternative bills to ease the impact. Dems in the senate took no action on the republican bills and failed to pass any of their own.

3. The sequester only cuts the increase in spending, the federal budget is bigger this year than last. Why is it we can no longer pay for what we paid for last year with a bigger budget than we had last year? Almost seems like the cuts are being made by a spoiled child who wants them to look as bad as possible so no one ever tries to do it again, almost.......
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 2:08am

We have that in common, Dave. We never would have met if not for these historical CCs.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 9:38am

We have that in common, Dave. We never would have met if not for these historical CCs.

Very true, and yet none of us seems to be collecting t-18's

Historical yes, but a good idea????????
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 12:41am
Obama's pledge after Benghazi
" We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Obama's pledge yesterday after the Boston bombing.
"We will find whoever harmed our citizens and we will bring them to justice."

Let's hope He follows through a little better on this one.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 1:17am
Dave....that very issue has been discussed heavily on my Favorite News Channel
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 10:28am
Obama is coming to Boston Thursday to help greive and meet the victums families.

Obama has never been to Bengazi.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 11:07am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Dave....that very issue has been discussed heavily on my Favorite News Channel

Dave, I almost did not post about this for that very reason. I am not a shill for anyone. I (apparently like many others) was taken back to the Benghazi speech the second I heard the word justice. I find his use of the word justice interesting because justice in this administration has proven not to be blind, it is in the eye of the beholder. (It's interesting that "Holder" is in beholder). So if the person speaking of justice believes a radical cause is "just", then doing nothing is "justice". "Just" a thought.

Speaking of the eye of the beholder. I cannot believe that Obama at least Biden will not attend Thatchers funeral. England is our historic strongest ally, and Thacher on of its all time most influential leaders. quite a "dis" based on ideology.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6869707172 79>
  Share Topic