Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 Transmission Gear Linkage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rockdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 Transmission Gear Linkage
    Posted: November-06-2013 at 8:01am
Thanks for the advice Dreaming.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 7:34pm
Good deal!    Make sure you check that periodically.   circlips can get weak over time, or the grove that they are meant to sit in can get broken. Now that you know what it is, it should be easy enough to check in your preflight.   having it lock in the drive position could be bad.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 11:53am
I love it when it's something simple.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
rockdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 8:27am
FIXED it! There is a circlip in there which had come loose. Just had to reinsert it and all good. Thankfully nothing internal saves a lot of effort to repair (I was very concerned about this). Just need to double check with a water test.
rockdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 6:55pm
Good point Dreaming, I'll attempt to do it now.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 5:32pm
pictures are worth a thousand words :)   someone here will know how to fix it.   Welcome to the site! there are a couple other guys on this site from OZ, you may be able to come up with parts through one of them too.   Lewy perhaps?

rockdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2013 at 7:13am
Hi Folks,
Today i had a failure with the gear linkage where it connects to the transmission in my 97 SN GT-40. I was set for a ski in the water when my driver simply put into forward idle then as soon as he put the power down the engine free-revved and went almost nowhere. There was no crunch/bang noise at all, just like something let go. I now have no drive whatsoever.

We found that where the linkage connects to the trans via a horizontal pin type setup was sliding in and out about 1cm. Each time it came out a little oil would leak out and you can see a washer or circlip/retaing ring
still on the pin/shaft.

Any thoughts on what has happened? I am presuming there is supposed to be something on the inside of the trans casing on this pin/shaft to hold it there?

First outing for the boat this season in Oz and I didn't need this...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic