NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trans oil cooler

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trans oil cooler
    Posted: April-14-2014 at 7:27pm
I would be interested to find out where this is normally mounted, have just bought a bracket. To the head, or bell housing maybe?
Anywhere in this pic? Thanks
'82 Ski Tique
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 7:59pm
Bell housing
Lakedog55
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:08pm
Thanks presumably that second bolt up in the photo..
'82 Ski Tique
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:35pm
Hey Graham - here are a few pics from the site that should help you. Do you not have the bracket? Should be easy to make one if not.

This one is obviously upside-down.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:41pm
Remember your lines go on so the flow of tranny fluid is opposite the water. I can't remember which is out and which is in on tranny. Someone will be along. If not the reference section had it.
Mike
Lakedog55
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:42pm
That's exactly what I was after, yes I have a new bracket from skidim.
Thanks
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by lakedog55 lakedog55 wrote:

Remember your lines go on so the flow of tranny fluid is opposite the water. I can't remember which is out and which is in on tranny. Someone will be along. If not the reference section had it.
Mike

Wow never even considered that...
'82 Ski Tique
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 9:00pm
I did not either. But it is supposed to cool better
Lakedog55
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 9:05pm
Old argument and it has been proven many times that a tube cooler works better with counter flow rather than parallel flow. It is a mistake often made but never serious on these little boats.
Graham FYI the pressure side of the gear comes off the top.(that hump on top is a combination spool valve and pressure regulator) Return is at the bottom but I'm guessing you knew that.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by gR@HaM gR@HaM wrote:

Originally posted by lakedog55 lakedog55 wrote:

Mike

Wow never even considered that...

Top hose from the trans is out. Bottom is the return.

Yes, it's important to counter flow any tube and shell heat exchanger. It keeps the delta T to the max so the efficiency with the heat lost/gain is the greatest.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 4:49am
Thanks for the info shall make sure I plumb them in the correct way round
'82 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic