NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

76 Ski Tique Cnt'd

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 76 Ski Tique Cnt'd
    Posted: June-21-2014 at 7:33pm
Could use some help finding resources on how to change the water pump and where to get an impeller for my 76 Ski Tique.

Btw: Finally got her running. Like to say I did it myself but after changing the Carburetor, Fuel Pump, Fuel Lines, Fuel Water Separator, and cleaning the gas tank. Changing out the Distributor Cap, Rotor, Resistor, Plugs and wires, not to forget a new battery, we couldn't get it to give us a spark. So we took it to a local Boat Repair and they got it to start. (didn't need any parts though!) I'm having the Boat Shop put some new lights on the trailer. Getting closer to putting her in the water. Now I have to Register it, get plates, and Insurance...

Stay Tuned.
bblakley
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 8:32pm
Bryan,
There are some great threads on changing out the RWP impeller. Try doing a search. If you can't find them, get back to us. I suggest using Jamestown distributors for the impeller. They only sell the OEM impellers of known quality. Since you got it running, why do you feel you need a RWP impeller?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 8:52pm
That feels better.

I'll try there search on RWP Impeller. I'll look up Jamestown Distributors.

Boat's not been in the water for 10 years. Just figured the Impeller would be a weak point for failure? Maybe I'm wrong. Just don't want to be stranded for a relatively inexpensive part? Maybe not? Let me know what you think.

Feeling the love.
bblakley
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 12:04am
Most of us change impeller at least every other year. Cheap insurance, like you said.    I like to put some dish soap / water on the impeller at install, so it doesn't start up dry.

Congrataulations on getting your boat running.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ryanibanez88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanibanez88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2014 at 1:31am
These guys are great look them up and give them a call they know
Everything there is about are boats they work with pcm allot
http://www.skidim.com
Art referred me to them they got me going
Buy the paper gasket and just get a new wear plate to be safe
Impeller pcm part number is Rp061015
DO NOT use a sierra impeller they do not work right with
Are boats they will burn up very quick and not get a good prime   
Ryan
1997 Ski Nautique
Midland Texas
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2014 at 5:22pm
Got my boat back from the mechanic today. Took my Tique down to the lake to give her a test starting to make sure everything functions right and it isn't taking on water or something. But... sadly the battery gave out before it would start. So I just wanted to make sure I am following the correct procedure to start the boat if someone could verify for me.

So I got her in the water. (wight he plug in) and turned on the blower for about a minute. Took the button for the transmission and pulled it out pushed the lever forward about 20 degrees spit clicks into what I thought is start position and then turned the key. It sounded fine while turning over and almost caught a couple of times, but my battery drained too much. Solenoid started buzzing. No start today. IT is a new battery but we had drained it during repairs. Mechanic said he charged it, but said he used his battery tender to start it. I figure I will get a fresh charge and try it again.

Just wanted to make sure I was doing the right steps to start.

Thanx all. (I looked it up first.. really)

Bryan
bblakley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic