NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adjusting Electric Carb Choke

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2014 at 4:17pm
Adjust it like stated. The lean/rich adjustment setting on the carb might very well be out of range with a spring. Set the choke like stated and make sure you have a full range of motion when energized and you're good to go.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 12:35am
Will do. Thanks for the feedback.
1992 Nautique Excel
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 1:49am
I adjusted the electric choke on our '84 SN2001 351W Holley 4160 yesterday--I disabled it. After reading Tim's post, we're going to try going without it. Over the years the choke on my pontoon boat's Mercruiser 140 gave me nothing but trouble, so I'm going to disable that one, too. We'll see how it goes. We don't boat during Wisconsin winters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic