Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ford FE engine find

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2014 at 11:15pm
Just wanted to check in. Been a while since I posted anything on my engine build thread. The long journey of sourcing Eaton FE parts has finally materialized. Its taken almost two years to get to this point. A few goodies arrived this evening and I am really excited to have them. Picked up another set of pent roof valve covers, the correct carburetor, an oil pickup, correct timing cover, raw water pump and bracket, recirculating pump, correct alternator, oil cooling hose block or whatever you call it and a correct thermostat housing. My year + long search has yielded enough parts to build two engines, one 352 and one 390.

I have also acquired all the deck hardware, correct gauges, switches, and tiny bits to put my bare Cuda SS hull back together. Its time to take a break and put money back in the boat fund though. These engine parts are hard to find and I have driven all over the east cost, from northern PA to the lower Carolina and as far west as Michigan just to get parts. Don't get me started shipping and travel expenses!It's all worth though. All period correct parts. I'm exhausted!

Ive got a stock bore 352 block as well as a cross bolted 390/410 block. I have three RH mallory distributors, two correct oil pans, engine mounts, three raw water pumps with brackets, two correct timing covers and two complete fresh water cooling systems with all the plumbing including two eaton heat exchangers. I only have one heat exchanger carrier though. I'm sure another will turn up. Quite a bit of time and money went into this and I'm its done. I also have all the tiny bits such as correct oil filter reservoirs brackets and hose clamps. Just need a few more things that are fairly common to find. Need a bell housing and a set of 427 heads. Already have a line on those items as well as one more set of RH internals. Just gotta come up with the cash...

These are the latest parts. I'm going to have another thermostat housing cast from this piece as a spare.

Enjoy!

1968 Barracuda Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 1:19am
You've come a long way Chris,can't wait to see the end result
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 2:40am
Yes, please keep us posted once you start putting the pieces/parts together. That's a labor of love going to those lengths to pick up all the needed pieces to the puzzle.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic