NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rebuild holley carb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakespirit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rebuild holley carb
    Posted: September-13-2014 at 6:24am
Dear all,
I got my carb malfunction after different testing with an other one of a friend of mine. By exchanging carb my boat was running perfectly well.

I get some pricing and shipping to france which is quit big at the end.
I have seen that there are some rebuild kit.

Is it hard to rebuild a carb?
Will it work as a new one or what is the difference between rebuilding a carb and get a new one at the end ?
Is there some instruction on process ?

regards
Serge
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 10:42am
It is not hard to rebuild a Holley - in fact one of the easiest to work on.

Kit is low price compared to new carb - but a small chance it still will not function 100% when it is done.

I think the best course of action is to get the carb # from the inside of the air (intake) horn & email that to the Holley website so they can find the correct kit for you to buy.

There are plenty of instructions on the internet too.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
wakespirit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 10:49am
Thanks for your reply. I get the part number of which kit to buy but could not find step by step instruction for my holley which is :

Holley #4160 marine carburetor for use with Ford 351

Cost me 680$ to get a new cab ship to France

regard
serge
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 10:51am
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2014 at 11:15am
The guys on this website are better step by step instructions than you would get from the manufacturer anyways. Get a kit and give it a try. If it doesn't work out you will only bee out 100 bucks or so and have a much more firm understanding of how and why your carburetor works.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2014 at 3:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic