NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IAughtNaut's Australian Adventure

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 10:39am
Dude congrats, your personality defiantly fits the bill for meeting tons of new people across the pond. The way it look at it, you will be doing something that probably 95% of people living on the globe will never get to do, live in a country other than the one they were born or raised in.

As far as advancement inside the company goes, yes it may be postponed but who else in the running for promotion will have an Australian tour under their belts? Not many.

Plus, this gives you an opportunity to maybe import another CC (get the company to pay the import fees) and own another boat. Make it something marketable over there and watch the cash roll in when you sell it upon your return.

Although, it would be really cool to tell the story I have water skied behind this boat in the southern hemisphere.

CCF will miss you in the states and I am sure your dad will too but hell I can be Jackie W's stand in until you are back, I'm sure he would be fine with that haha.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 10:54am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

CCF will miss you in the states and I am sure your dad will too but hell I can be Jackie W's stand in until you are back, I'm sure he would be fine with that haha.
haha, that only works if you sack up and make it to a couple more minis, he and I average 4 a year
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Sorry I've been a little quiet the past couple days, I had some exploring to do.

I'm gonna do it. IAughtNaut's goint to be IAughtNaustralian for the next 12 to 24 months.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 11:38am

Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

haha, that only works if you sack up and make it to a couple more minis, he and I average 4 a year

Going to try this year but people keep getting married and ***************.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:15pm
Adam, I figured it was a long shot you'd prefer to come back and be the boss vs stay down under to wreak havoc for a year or 2, ha. Congrats, sounds like a real exciting opportunity.

Tough call on which boat to bring over, I guess it depends on how much you love your current boat vs wanting to upgrade in a few years. Either way, I'd plan on selling what you have over there before returning. And if the company is still footing the bill on the return trip, pick up one of those bare bones Aussey ski boats (Clinker?) to play with for a while!
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:39pm
If I remember correctly didn't Lewy have to do some mods to his boat and trailer when it was shipped over? Will Adam be subject to the same rules?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:58pm
Tom,
I'm sure Mark will comment but I do remember the trailer mods needed. He had to add so much that I wondered if he also needed heavier springs!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 4:21pm
Adam,
Great decision.. I don't think you'll look back and regret it one bit !! Best of luck to you in making the transition. Make the most of it and enjoy the experience !! Like it's been said, 2 years will fly by !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 6:31pm
Have a blast. I think you did the right thing. A year or two in the grand scheme of things is SUCH a short time.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 9:53pm

Donald- once again you prove there's wisdom inside that pretty packaging. I doubt anyone over here would have a true appreciation for the historical marvel that is your boat.

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 10:31pm
Donald, I guess the value of your boat just went up again. Endorsed by the great and powerful Wizard of Oz!
AussieNorts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieNorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 11:11pm
Adam,

That is good news!! A fellow CCF for Brisbane area!! Well we should chat, I have given you my number. I know I wakeboard but I do own a sport. I am currently looking at renting out my house on the gold coast and moving up to brisbane. I was looking at renting a house initially, maybe we could work something out, as I need a place where I can store my boat and you want a place with a boat!

I am also a single guy, this could spell trouble but also could be an awesome time, get back to me, this could work out well.

Steve
Correct craft.....is there any other boat?
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 7:40am
Adam you're gonna do great!
Js
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2015 at 10:44am
Adam, find a bank that doesn't comply with obama's FATCA and put your money there.
Tim D
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 12:08am
Adam,
Sorry to be late to thread....For what it is worth I think you have made the right decision - good for you! Time will go by quickly and I am doubtful that you will not look back and say this was a very good decision.
I will need to send you a friend of a freinds contact information who lives over there and is a watersports manager of watersports at Paradise Resort in Brisbane (Former Tommy Bartlets skier).
All the best brother!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2015 at 1:01am
congrats my friend...just know you are gonna enjoy this adventure..

and remember......pics or it didn't happen.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 2:53pm
so, I'm back in Oz, things are happening...just met a 26 year old personal trainer who loves Tupac. and can throw a punch...dammit, I may not come back

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 4:16pm
Whoo Whoo, atta boy !!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 4:39pm
Wow.....How many beers into it till you did that?

Seeeeeeee........I told ya!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 4:52pm
He gone!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 5:17pm
Based on what I saw in a documentary about Australia, her punching you means, that you are now legally married and have to adobt a wombat. Congratulations!!!
1994 Sport Nautique
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 10:01pm
I'm catching the next flight out. DO NOT SIGN anything, say yes, or nod your head up and down!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2015 at 11:37pm
Looks like some 50 shades of gray action to me. For the record, I have not seen the movie, but I am planning on seeing it with Chris Quinner as soon as possible.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 8:20am
Your turning into a bit of an over achiever......

Ditto the Zach comment
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 10:57am
Made me laugh...yep, he's gone.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 11:50am
Nice work getting Down under Down Under!!

Seb, that's some funny stuff, lol!!
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 1:56pm
Atta Boy Adam. but if you don't put your hands in your pockets it don't count.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 5:37pm
Does she play Ping Pong?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Does she play Ping Pong?

Donald, you beat me to it - That's what I want to know!

Good on ya, Mate!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 9:24pm
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic