NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 15>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 3:56am
Ok, planning on leaving Friday and arriving in Green Lake around 2-3pm. Staying at Hattie Shorewood site number 18. Who's our neighbors ? Have a good one.

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 4:22pm
I am next door in #19 and #21.

BEeNTOWed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEeNTOWed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 5:43pm
We are very excited for Green Lake!
We will be bring up the Inca Gold Barracuda, or as my son calls it, The Green Boat, The Yellow Boat, or the fast boat. This Barracuda definitely is faster than our 1998 Air Nautique with the GT40.

Unfortunately we are losing our storage spot for the Barracuda so we are forced to sell it. (The Air Nautique is staying). I hope some people coming to Green Lake are looking to take a boat home. If anyone would like to ski behind, wakeboard, tube, or cuz on the Barracuda let me know.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4402
vernonfarmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 8:11pm
Took Grandma Atom Skier out for a shake down on the 4th. Sounds good, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=324ddz8614I
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 9:24pm
Interesting. I'm still trying to figure out how you got the fish to jump    
link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 9:40pm
Looking good Vernon, that boats moving right along
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 9:51pm
One rig is ready to go, spent the day working on the 200. Oil change, fuel filters, new impeller, then a clay bar and detail job. Tomorrow night the Hurricane gets done and were good to go.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2015 at 10:11pm
Nice lookin Rig Alan !
Bwellsatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwellsatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:03am
Hello everyone. I came across this forum on a random search about my 2000 Ski Nautique. I see you guys have some sort of event going on in Green Lake, WI this weekend? Coincidentally I will be camping there this weekend and family and will be bringing the boat up. I am wondering what type of event you guys have going on and what it all entails. Thank you!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:21am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

I am next door in #19 and #21.

Awesome
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:22am
This thread has more info and some more here
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:26am
Come on and Join. I think Mojo said we could add if we had more takers... Going to Limp the Show this weekend and then it's teardown time. Think I found another boat to tide me over until I am done with it. Stringers ahead !
Bwellsatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwellsatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 1:31am
Sounds like a great event! Let me check with the family as it was supposed to be a camping/boating weekend but my love for Nautiques may change that. Ha! We are staying at Green Lake Campground and already plan to be on the lake on Saturday if the weather cooperates. Thanks for the info.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 11:28am
Originally posted by 800wildcat 800wildcat wrote:

Might be quiet 'cause we're all working on boats. [/QUOTE]

I fear this has been the case. I have been waiting for a new drive shaft for mine so it got it's once every three years whether it needs it or not cleaning. (Apparently it had been set on fire at some point within those last three years, which made it a very dirty job). Now the trailer needs new lights, new hubs, new tires, and to borrow some guide poles -I ruled out new paint as I didn't want to make the boat jealous. Then tomorrow I just reinstall the running gear, align it, change the oil, and hope it still runs. This boat ownership stuff is harder work than I remember.

Rob Leinen - congrats on the nuptials. I wouldn't consider renting a tow vehicle, that just sounds expensive just load up the girls and some in the wifes car and head on out, assuming I can get my truck and boat there in one piece you guys are always welcome on my boat for the weekend.

Can't wait to meet up with the old crew and meet some new ones, hoping to make the Goose blind for pizza thurs night lateish.                                                                                 
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Bwellsatc Bwellsatc wrote:

Hello everyone. I came across this forum on a random search about my 2000 Ski Nautique. I see you guys have some sort of event going on in Green Lake, WI this weekend? Coincidentally I will be camping there this weekend and family and will be bringing the boat up. I am wondering what type of event you guys have going on and what it all entails. Thank you!

What great timing on your part to find this site a few days before the Green Lake festivities and being able to make it to them. Talk about jumping into CCF with both feet. You won't be disappointed, great boats and a great bunch of guys and gals. A good time is guaranteed!

Have fun Brandon, family and all the old regulars!!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Bwellsatc Bwellsatc wrote:

If you are staying at Hattie Sherwood, you are part of the event whether you want to or not! This group pretty much populates the entire campground for the weekend.

If the festivities are appealing to you and your family (it is a family event with lots of S.O. and kids), feel free to join in. You can register at the T-shirt table Friday night during the boat show.

Basically, the event breaks down like this:
    Folks arrive from all over on Thursday and Friday.
    Friday evening out of the water boat show at the American Legion Hall (down the street from the Goose Blind). Grilled food and beer provided.
    Saturday at Noon-ish, we all cruise from Dartford Bay (near city of GL boat launch) to the sandbar in Norwegian Bay. Anchor and spend the afternoon/evening getting to know everyone and their boats.
    Saturday evening - pig roast in the park. Beer provided. Adjourn to the Goose.
    Sunday - meet up at the sandbar until folks need to head back.

There is only one rule to the event but it is important. Beware of Quinner. Protect your wife, kids and even your pets. Especially your pets. Keep Coors Light at hand. If he gets too close, throw a Coors Light into a camp site a couple down the road. He'll go after it like a pit bull to a t-bone and you'll have 7-8 minutes to find safe refuge.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 8:57pm
Wheew! I was afraid the Coors Lite was for drinking! Turns out to be a diversion.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 10:56pm
Yup my kids are ready.....first time camping so this should be interesting.....

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 11:10pm
Finally some chatter. We have the boat in good shape for the shape its in. Just have to make it through the work week and cross our fingers that the explorer is up for the ten hour round trip. Is it Friday yet??
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 11:29pm
Have fun everyone, we are not going this year .
1972 Mustang
Bwellsatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwellsatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:10am
Thanks for all the info. We are staying at the Green Lake Campground. We tried to get into the Hattie campground but was booked up (for obvious reasons now). I think I will try to catch up with you guys on the lake on Saturday. My son, nephews, and myself would love to see the other CC/Nautiques! See you Saturday hopefully!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernonfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:34am
Just finished the steering wheel. Cleaned it with TSP first. The bucket was disgustingly dirty. Wonder whose DNA is in there? Who could have touched this wheel since 1955? Elvis? Roy Rogers? Howdy Doody? Ed Gein? Yikes!

Bwellsatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwellsatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:36am
Bwellsatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwellsatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:37am
Looks nice!
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 2:02am
The Tent in the living room cracks me up. First time for both of my girls as well so this should be interesting. We just got done doing our pre trip shopping. Changed the Oil on the boat and filled it with fuel. Hidden away in the packed garage ready for the hook. I am going to try on Friday to get done a little early (Yeah right !) so hope to see all at the Legion.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 10:50am
Im heading up on Thursday afternoon. Anyone else?

The weather forecast is looking good so far. A little cool, but nice.

Going to hit the slalom course Friday morning if anyone is interested.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 10:51am
Friday late Afternoon for me. Have fun before all the others make waves !
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Going to hit the slalom course Friday morning if anyone is interested.

Does this course actually exist at GL? I've heard rumors of its existence since the first trip but I've never seen it and it's never been documented that I know of. Is it a floating course or individually anchored balls? Does it have pre-gates? I want to know more about this mystical GL attraction.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Does this course actually exist at GL? I've heard rumors of its existence since the first trip but I've never seen it and it's never been documented that I know of. Is it a floating course or individually anchored balls? Does it have pre-gates? I want to know more about this mystical GL attraction.

Joel - Come on, how have you not found it. If I have skied it once I have skied it 30 times. It is a permanent course, so I believe individually anchored balls. I think it does have pre-gates (but I am not 100% certain). It is just west of Blackbird's Point, over by Margaret Dodge Memorial Park. You can see the course on Google Earth if you zoom in just north of Terrace Shores Evangelical Free Church (Hwy K Markesan, WI). It has Slalom Ski and Kneeboard gates.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2015 at 12:42pm
Yep, Steve's right. Down by County Park. Far Southwest side..

We'll be coming in late Thursday night.......
Temps through the weekend should get into the mid 80's. Only a chance for an afternoon shower. Should be great.. The water temps are a little cool out in the deep, but in the bay, it's perfect.. Very little vegitation this year... Had a great time with Raindog and crew this past Sat out there !!!

So for Friday, not to worry if you pull in there later. Theres no set hours for the show.. Just come by, grab a beer and register the boat..

Sat, if you don't have a ride, hook yourself up on Fri night !!!! Come by and mingle and or ask us at the registration table and we'll help out..

Only a few days away.. Get those trailers ready boys !!!

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic