Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Houston Inboard Service

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Houston Inboard Service
    Posted: August-16-2015 at 7:06pm
Any recommendation for a dealer to work on the GT40 in our 1995 Ski Nautique? We have a Nautique dealer in Conroe but I'm open to using an independent repair facility if they are highly recommended.

Or would it be best just to go to the dealer?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2015 at 9:41pm
Steve,
The work you want done may help with opinions. Hopefully someone will have an idea. Cant't you do it yourself? There's plenty of knowledgeable members here that can help.

What ever you do, if you run into this guy, DO NOT let him do the work.

I'll see if I can find the old thread about the horror story.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2015 at 10:59pm
I've heard of him. He's in Brenham. He also seems to be posting his own reviews on many sites. Several 5 Star reviews repeated over and over.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2015 at 11:01pm
I used Strack's Boat Service and they were good folks to deal with. In Spring on Louetta Road.

Strack's
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

I used Strack's Boat Service and they were good folks to deal with. In Spring on Louetta Road.

Strack's

Thanks, I'll consider them. They have a labor rate of $110/hr. Is that higher than most?

Any other suggestions for the area? Spring is close to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 3:10pm
Just called Stracks. He didn't even really want to do it. He said that they don't work on Ford motors and that it will be 3-4 weeks before he can even look at it. And then he may not be able to fix it! I guess the dealer it is then for me!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 6:50pm
Too bad about Strack's. I saw several inboards there over the years, but were all Chevrolet engines (MCs and Malibu).   Didn't think that a Ford conversion would throw them a curve.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 7:50pm
Thanks for the suggestion Jonny. No big deal. Probably better to have her at the Nautique dealer anyway. They see these every day.
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 11:31am
I do my own work but have heard good things about Kustom kolors boat works in Pearland. There is also Palmer Power near the Astrodome.
2007 Ski
2002 Ski

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by JayG80 JayG80 wrote:

I do my own work but have heard good things about Kustom kolors boat works in Pearland. There is also Palmer Power near the Astrodome.

I've known Rob and the guys at Kustom Kolors since the late 90's. Yes, they cannot be beat if you need gel repair or PWC engine repair. I took my Sea Doo to them and would not let anyone else touch it! They were actually my first call last week. It seems that Rob is having some health issues and his brother basically told me that they are not taking in new work right now. I think they have lost some techs as well. It may not be looking good for them.

I went ahead and took the boat to the Nautique dealer in Conroe. It's really the best choice anyway for things I can't do myself which is most repairs! haha

If you are in Houston, maybe we can meet sometime. I'd like someone that does their own work to put eyes on this boat and maybe show me some things to look for.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic