Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Perfect Pass

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Perfect Pass
    Posted: October-09-2015 at 4:52pm
We have the Perfect Pass. Never use it at all. I'm not that good of a skier. haha

It seems like more of a hassle to me right now. It draws a lot of power it seems, the beeping drives me crazy. I'm thinking of pulling it out. Is this too much to mess with? Should I just leave it in?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 5:03pm
I'm thinking of replacing it with a Precision Star GPS Speedometer.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 7:29pm
The Precision Star GPS speedo is a nice unit.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 7:41pm
@Jonny Quest Do you know if it will fit the space left if I pull the Perfect Pass?
a0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by SteveHookEm SteveHookEm wrote:

Do you know if it will fit the space left if I pull the Perfect Pass?

Assuming your PP has a 3.5" bezel (which it probably does) then the PrecisionStar will fit. You will want to order this one.

I would try and determine why your PerfectPass beeps. Do you turn it off when you are just cruising, or otherwise not using it? I know with mine, if I leave it on (engaged) but just cruising it will beep and try and hold what ever speed I have set. I usually turn it off if I am not going to wake board.

I have also read where these units will beep if voltage to the unit falls below a certain level.

PP has a great customer service department that can help you if needed.
If money can't buy happiness, explain beer and boats.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by a0128 a0128 wrote:

[QUOTE=SteveHookEm] Do you know if it will fit the space left if I pull the Perfect Pass?
I have also read where these units will beep if voltage to the unit falls below a certain level.
.../QUOTE]

This is definitely true. The Perfect Pass does not like low voltage. The constant beeping was annoying. Shutting it off would cure the beeping until the next stop and start up. Also, you'd have to catch it "on" long enough to actually shut it off. With the motor not running, it used to be tough to even do that.

This video will show you how to get to the Perfect Pass read system voltage. AKA, how much voltage PP is seeing. No multimeter required! Skip to around 9 mins to get what you're looking for, at around 10 is where they get into the voltage specific stuff, but you have to start watching a little sooner to see how to get into settings:
https://youtu.be/LhnSoaJdV_I

This is how bad my Perfect Pass was before I beefed up the dash wiring:
https://youtu.be/g8gvTCmg9Og
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2015 at 12:40am
The Precision Star GPS speedo fits just fine in the standard 3 1/2 inch mounting hole. That is the same size hole as the Perfect Pass unit and the Air Guide speedos.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic