NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IAughtNaut's Australian Adventure

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

You saw Rhonda get her ass KICKED? Now is that one clear cup or a bunch of cups stacked?

It was brutal. She was completely unprepared.

More than one, that pic was close to the end of the event, haha.

Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Adam, looks great stop crying!! Would be super if some of us can come for a mini down across the big lake and how many cups are you holding ??

Bring it on Dave, standing invite to my CCFan homies.

Actually, the club would be a great spot for a mini. Big building with a bar and event space (available for rent cheap), a bunch of grills outdoors, pavilion style shelters if it rains, and a big dock that we could tie whatever boats we're not using to (obviously we would have to get the other Aussies to commit to travel here to accommodate, it will be hard for the US guys to just hook up and tow over). There's even a playground if people brought kids. If there is serious interest in a group of people making the trip I would say that late Feb, early March 2017 would be the way to go. Put it around the Moomba Masters and split our time between that event and hanging out on the water skiing. Or earlier, Jan-Feb to keep from conflicting with the River Ruckus.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Boat looks sweet. Love the color.

I don't love the grey yet. Its hard to tell with it on the trailer. I need to get it in the water and see how it looks there. The orange is hot though.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 10:08pm
I hope the walls are not sea walls as you will hate the rollers coming back off them.

Just go with a rough estimate of a kilometer = 3/4 of a mile and it will be close enough for you
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 11:24pm
Looks like a fun time down under!
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:32am
LOL...you never have the 'warm beer' problem do you?

boat looks sweet. I think you'll love the 206....BTW...Ms Patti's favorite out of all that we have owned.

Apt looks very cool too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 6:09am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Boat looks sweet. Love the color.

I don't love the grey yet. Its hard to tell with it on the trailer. I need to get it in the water and see how it looks there. The orange is hot though.

Hey now, give the grey a chance. It'll grow on you.
JBear and I are more than happy to let you into that very exclusive group.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 8:30am
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

]

Hey now, give the grey a chance. It'll grow on you.
JBear and I are more than happy to let you into that very exclusive group.
I'll accept entry to any club you and jbear are in. speaking of exclusive entry, check your email. need your blessing.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:26am
is that a kangaroo guard on the front of the jeep?

pool table in the living room is legit

what's with the buzz cut
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

what's with the buzz cut

He told the barber to keep cutting till it looks like chit!!

Adam, you will be surprised how much different the 206 handles vs/sport, turns much flatter and tracks WAY better, the wake is also a bit more BF friendly for wake crossings.

Grey looks better on the water, my secondary stripe is the same color.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:01pm
Wow , you're living really large! That's a movie star's apartment. Nice looking boat. I'm glad the move has gone so well for you.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:33pm

pool table in the living room is legit

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 4:51pm

is that a kangaroo guard on the front of the jeep?

that's not what they call it, but basically, yes

what's with the buzz cut
what can I say, sometimes you let a stripper give you a haircut and she just goes for it. who hasn't been there before, am I right?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 5:39pm
Do you have a "Cemet Pond" as well.

Wood that is a nudge bar a full protection unit is called a bullbar....but they work better on Roo's
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 6:54pm
Nice pad Adam, looks like you've got that big city Charlie Sheen Wall Street thing going....congrats.

If you're having trouble with the metric system, Google "SNL metric alphabet" in which Dan Aykroyd simplifies the Decabet. ...
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 7:58am
Ok, been a little while since this thread was active, and that's not cause things haven't happened. Some of you who are facebook friends have seen some of this, only because as much as I hate it, its just easier to put stuff there.

So a couple weeks ago my job sent me to Queensland for two weeks and I decided instead of flying home on the weekend in between it would be just as easy to go check out the great barrier reef. Great decision. A better decision would have been to get scuba certified before, but live and learn.

Some pics-

From the plane

The view from the hotel in Cairns

The boat. It was pretty cool the way this worked. I booked a day on the boat with what were called introductory dives. Basically if you've never dived before or are not certified, the instructor goes under with you and drags you around to make sure you don't drown. There were about 140 people on the boat, not counting the crew. They gave all of us a number and told us that's how they were going to keep track of everyone. There were people who were certified, who were kinda let do their own thing. There were people who were doing the 2 day dive portion of their PADI cert. And then there were the rest of us, the newbs. They took us through a presentation teaching us stuff, then asked us a whole bunch of questions, made us fill out some forms. What was funny was the guide told us to write our number on our hand so we wouldn't forget it. As he's saying this, he looks out at the group of us, and says "holy ***************, who wrote that guy's number on his forehead? That's awesome, can everyone do that?" Sure enough, there's an asian guy with 131 written on his face. Fast forward a couple hours, the day included stops at two different reefs. When we were getting ready to leave the first, they had to go through the boat and make sure everybody was accounted for, using our numbers. I'm talking to this dutch girl...or maybe she was from the netherlands, I can't remember, not important...and an announcement comes on, "has anyone seen passenger 131? we can't find number 131". We both loook at each other and realize, how did they lose the guy with the number on his face. They eventually found him and we went on with our day, so there's no tragic ending, but it was one of the most ridiculous situations I've been in for some time.

Cairns also has bats. And they are LOUD.

Reef stuff. I'm definitely going to my PADI certification, because scuba diving is awesome. They geared us up, then moved us to a platform on the back of the boat. We got in the water, there was a bar about a foot under the surface. then another one about 3-4 feet below, like a big ladder. 4 of us were going at a time with the instructor, linked arm and arm. He swam around in front of us and had us perform two actions they said we had to do before we could go, clearing water from our mask and clearing water from the mouth breathie thing (I don't remember what it was called). We dropped down to hold on to the lower rung and get used to breathing. Problem was, the bar was only about 6-8 feet long, and with four of us shoulder to shoulder thrashing and kicking around there wasn't a whole lot of room. Not having ever breathed under water before, it wsa a little unsettling at first until I settled down and started to breathe regurlarly, you know, like they told us to do. None of the four of us had gone before, and they guy next to me was not doing well. He started to freak out and swam up to the surface. I thought that was what we were doing, so I swam up to. The guide on the boat was like, what's wrong with you? I said nothing, I thought we were supposed to come up now. He was like, nope, if you're ok, you're going, and kinda pushed me back down under...and off I went. You can tell from the pictures, it was awesome. I did 3 dives, about 20 minutes each, at a depth of up to 10 meters. On the third, there were three of us, and each of us were on at least our second, so the instructor was like, as soon as we get a little away from the boat I'm going to let go of you guys, but don't just swim off, because I need to be able to see your air gauges. Of course, as soon as he let us go we all swam off different directions, haha. I will say, it was way cooler swimming around on my own than to be locked arm and arm with four strangers. That's where the pictures of me in the water are from, handing my camera to one of the other guys and making "hey, take my picture" motions.

I don't know why I thought this was interesting, but I do. This is how they tied the boat up at the first reef location. Big ole blocks on the bottom with chains that they attach to a marker and tie off of each day they're out there. I thought it was pretty ingenious. Sometimes its the little things in life.

Not real sure what I was doing here

And a few videos

Then the Mooomba Masters came to town. Very cool event. Right on the river in downtown Melbourne, kind of the centerpiece of a large cultural festival. The police were nice enough to let me know that despite what my companion thought, we were not, in fact allowed to drink wine. The night jumping was really cool. Maybe its the Browns fan in me (ok, its definitely that), but I hated the DeWalt black and yellow 200. The boat was sweet, but come on, of all the color combos that are offered...

TimBob came by for a visit in April and we went by Lewy's place. He has his own thread so I won't spend a lot of time on that. I think Mark and I did a pretty good job of showing him some different sides of Australia. City life with me, Aussie bush living at Mark's place.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:20am
Looks like you are indeed having an "Adventure"! Looks great. What happened with the boxing?
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:29am
And now the fun stuff. Again, some of this is repeat for the facebook friends, keep reading, the videos are new.

About a year ago Lewy told me he and one of his ski crew were boxing. I don't know why that stuck in my brain, but I figured, maybe I'll check it out. I joined a boxing gym around October and all I can say is, if anyone is looking for a good workout, boxing is it. I have the type of personality where I get into something and then go full speed ahead (see- driving and flying all over the country and now world to go skiing with you guys) and that seems to have happened again. I started slow, then after the first of the year started training harder and harder, and now in four weeks I have my first fight.

One of the owner's of the gym is a pretty famous trainer, so a couple times a year he puts on a fight night. Basically, I've been training with this guy for about the past three months, and on the 17th of June I fight. I don't know who I'm fighting yet, the boxing commission will match us up after our final weigh in a couple days before the night. The fight is above board, which I found out means its regulated by the state boxing commission. I had to register with the board, so after the fight, win or lose, I will be meeting people and telling them that I'm a professional boxer in Australia. Its just too funny to not.

Promo photo from the gym-

And Mark asked to see some of the training I'm doing, so I took my camera to sparring this afternoon.

And the not so fun stuff.

Completely outside of my control, my company has decided they want me to move back to the US. Its a very long story, I had an offer to stay permanently, but I couldn't agree to the terms. Or the permanency. What that means, is that while I'm training 7 days a week for this fight, I also get the pleasure of preparing to move back around the world a few weeks later.

The only absolute I have right now is the end date of my lease, which is the 12th of July. The other thing I don't know, is where I want to go when I get back. My job allows me to work remotely due to the amount of traveling I do, and they are fine with me moving pretty much anywhere I want. I've decided that as much as I love Cleveland (which is a lot), it isn't the best place for a person with a ski boat to live. I've realized after living in a place with mild winters that I really, really hate that white stuff that falls out of the sky 6-8 months out of the year. So I'm on the hunt for a new city. I'm a city person, I need to live in a place with some action. Bars, restaurants, sports, concerts, events...and most importantly, good water to ski on. Those aren't my only considerations, obviously, but if anyone has any suggestions, or is looking for a new ski partner in their area, let me know.

Getting all those pictures online took hours, so hopefully two pretty long posts should be enough to get Toertel off my back for a while.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Looks like you are indeed having an "Adventure"! Looks great. What happened with the boxing?
Damn Jerry, quick on the draw. I was getting to that, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:51am
Well that sounds like a bit of an unexpected turn of events......With that said, being raised in Maine and then moving to a warmer winter climate is something neither Sue and I have regretted.
Selfishly, I think you should at least consider either Charlotte or Raleigh as possibilities. It goes without saying if you need a place to crash or use as a base to work from the door is open.

Btw I work from home a bunch and the water is glass on weekdays 😀
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 10:46am
Adam, WOW! What a turn of events, now I bet you are really glad you decided to go to Australia, and what a time you have had! Get in as much as you can over the next few weeks - it will go quick.

Would love to have you in the midwest, but seriously why... As you said the snow months here are ridiculous, I am ready to leave! Having said that, with just a limited time spent in Charlotte, it seems to be ideal, I think Dallas, Austin or San Antonio might be good candidates. If you like a little winter, maybe St. Louis or Kansas City. All these places have known friendly (CCF) folks too. Probably can't go wrong with Atlanta either.

So when you moved out there you talked about taking the boat and then selling it down there and buying another when you get back, is that still the plan?

Anyway, looking forward to the next phase of your adventure! Good luck! Oh and don't drop your hands - that will cost you! HA!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 11:09am
Only one place to go - North Carolina. (Cary area or Charlotte area)

Home of MANY CCs (new and old)..., central to most reunions..... close to Ohio.....In between Ohio / FL / GA family ....... high "young single person" population (man, I am an old married guy)...... good lifestyle, weather, and people. Simple - that would be my choice.

Roanoke is the best place to retire after all that NC fun..... ask all the Jersey folks here.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 11:19am
Don't know if Cousin Don would want the competition, might be best to check in with him first. Second thought is he does play to an older crowd,he just may be all right with it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 1:14pm
While it's a bummer that your Australian adventure is coming to an end it will be good to see you back in the states again.
As for the boxing without head gear not sure you want to pursue that for very long, concussions have been getting a lot of attention lately and I know you don't want to end up like Quinner (I was told he was dropped on his head a lot when he was young.)
The pics were awesome especially that Black and Gold boat
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 1:43pm
Blimey.........Glad I got down there when I did! That sucks ....I was hoping for an actual fight in the ring with the guy that threatened to kill you in the Irish Bar!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 5:55pm
I think my son values the thoughts and input of CCFans over mine. This has not come up in our discussions now that Mama Deen and I will move to the Cleveland ares early in June. Maybe I should have considered the Badin area. Anyone know any skiers there?Maybe Shelton needs a ski bud.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 7:40pm
Chiming in on potential cities.... If the company is gonna want you on the move and jet setting you everywhere then I'd guess you're gonna hafta be close to a big airport. If its longevity of the summer you seek then the south is probably where you need to be.

Charlotte has American Airlines there and you've got Norman, Badin, and a couple others with barefootin/ski buds around. Maybe you can hook up with Cammy Cam and he can show you all the hot spots in Charlotte.

We'd love to have in Atlanta as Delta is the greatest Airline out there and can get you anywhere ya wanna go we have buds on the north and southside of town.for lake sports and we go from April to Dec. Sports teams suck but concert venues out the wazzu and of course the famous Fox theater. HOWEVER.....mom and dad would kill you if you moved to GA as they just left.

Orlando has everything including ski all year with barefoot guru's Jbear and Eddie..... one sports team though unless you drive to Tampa, J'ville or worse Miami. Probably too hot down there for ya but both the bear and eddie seemed to have converted to Floridians ... You've been there enough to know what's there and what isn't. Same goes for the above cities.

Can't speak for Dallas or the surrounding area but the cowboys just plain ole' suck. Always have, always will.! Ya either love em or hate em......I choose to hate em!

Keep us posted mate on potential cities and someone will surely pipe in with the scoop...Yes, even Dallas!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:05pm
If I were a single dude such as yourself and considering atl, I would park myself in a high rise right smack dab in the middle of buckhead or similar neighborhood right where the action and nightlife is, take Marta or a cab to the airport, and stick my boat up in a rack on Lanier.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

I think my son values the thoughts and input of CCFans over mine. This has not come up in our discussions now that Mama Deen and I will move to the Cleveland ares early in June. Maybe I should have considered the Badin area. Anyone know any skiers there?Maybe Shelton needs a ski bud.

Moving to Cleveland say it's not so, did you fall and bump your head!!!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 11:12pm
Another vote for charlotte.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2016 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

So when you moved out there you talked about taking the boat and then selling it down there and buying another when you get back, is that still the plan?

An 05 206 followed me out here. It won't be following me home.

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

HOWEVER.....mom and dad would kill you if you moved to GA as they just left.

ha, believe me, I thought about that. talk about a d*ck move. I have a very healthy disdain for all Atlanta sports teams too, always have.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
  Share Topic