NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 7:32pm
you guys are bustin jbear's balls prety hard.

Jbear don't let them get you down, the 87 is all stock right now. Next winter will be a different story. This year stringers, floor, and gel coat repair by Eric. Next winter motor mods and comsmetics.

Oh yeah spelling was never my strong point in school. Was a gear head since age 3.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 10:31pm
Backfoot; We are gonna do the manifold, thanks to MM, at his place in Orlando on Feb 17. The famous ReidP is gonna be there. Heard from him tonite to confirm this. You can ride over there with me if you want.

Kevin; I really do have tools in my box, just don't know how to use 'em. But you know I have hair spray, a brush and a comb in the box. But I try not to get my hair wet.

Waterdog; Thanks to all that good help I'll get this job done. Couldn't do it on my own!

Bfn; You gotta have big shoulders on here sometimes. I can take the ball bustin' from my buddies here. Is the Eric from this site doin' all this work for you? Are you a Ford millwright? I always heard millwrights knew how to do everything. Funny coincidence, I went to high school (long ago) with a Jim Bragg.

Think that should about cover it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 11:42pm
John, I might be down there by then, might have to tag along if you guy's don't mind.
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 1:27am
Sometimes I wish I still lived in FL. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. Jbear did you get my e-mail about your tracking #? Aren't you glad you used paypal now so the manifold could get to ya sooner? Payment was almost instant. I put the money to a good cause. I bought a Weiand action plus manifold for my Malibu 350 Mag (the one I'm getting the Vortec heads ready for). By the way, for anyone who does not know, anyone with a paypal account can send money to anyone else with a paypal account just by using their e-mail address.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 11:23am
Nutty...Thanks for helping jbear out, I think he will be better off with a new intake over the older one! Good luck with your new boat, I hope it works out well for you..Thank you

79..BACKFOOT..You guys are welcome to head over also, that way jbear and I can sit back and drink some cold ones and let you guys do all the work..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 11:39am
Max thought the whole purpose was to crisson John to the ways of a mechanic? He won't learn much if we do it all for him, I was just planning on handing out cold pop's, aka BEER
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 11:42am
Geez, by the time all you guys get into that engine, the '80 could be runnin' close to 400HP. LOL. Anyway, I just want to meet everybody and if we have a few cold ones, that's even better. I'm not too familiar with Ford's anyway. That's a four letter word to me.

Jbear, I just need to know how to get to your place and a time. I'll email you for more specifics.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 5:04pm

"Couldn't do it on my own!"     B.S.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

"Couldn't do it on my own!"     B.S.

Yeah, that JBear is a regular Huck Finn, isn't he? BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by nuttyskier2002 nuttyskier2002 wrote:

By the way, for anyone who does not know, anyone with a paypal account can send money to anyone else with a paypal account just by using their e-mail address.

If anyone wants to test this out my email is acote13@yahoo.com   Glad I could help out
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 8:18pm
jbear yes Eric from this site is doing all the work to the 87.

I am a millwright at Ford. I am sure I could do the work, but time, room, and understanding from the wife is a problem. She says she doesn't see me enough as it is, with out me having a boat project. I just tell her that's how you stay happy and married.
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 3:30am
i have an idea! you guys sit back and drink a beer and watch a gurl work on JBears boat! but i at least want dinner cooked for me!
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by BlondieGurl1443 BlondieGurl1443 wrote:

i have an idea! you guys sit back and drink a beer and watch a gurl work on JBears boat! but i at least want dinner cooked for me!

The only thing missing would be some Hooter's wings. I think they deliver!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by BlondieGurl1443 BlondieGurl1443 wrote:

What would you like to eat?

can any of your friends come out and play too, what was her name, I'll have to check the old post?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 10:56pm
Chris: Of course you are welcome if you are back down here. You'll be doin' more than pa$$ing "pops". That is all I am good for, you know, you have seen under my box.

The Hooters and Beer are on me. Hope that qualifies as a meal for Blondie.

Man, this is gonna be a fun day!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 11:52am
John, I have to have this job in Bradenton fall into place first, before I head back down but should know this week on that. So we'll see.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 7:04pm
jbear...heres your new bolts for your manifold, the only thing is they are kind of pricey, so if you dont want them I can always return them!

79..Are you using the same intake on your boat, and if so did you have to make any mods to the linkage or springs or anything else, I just want to make sure we have all the parts we need before we start..
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 8:04pm
I didn't have to do any mods that I can remember, just a tube of form-a-gasket to replace the front and rear rubber seals that never seal. Need to make sure you have a t-stat housing gasket too.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2007 at 9:39pm
MM; Price is no object on the boat, I am sure you know that. Do I need to get anything? Not that I'd know what to get anyhow, but thought I should ask.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 9:35am
Hey Jbear, let me know how that thing runs after the manifold change. Any other mods on your boat? Plans? I believe my Weiand is supposed to arrive today also.

Former boats:
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2007 at 12:45pm
jbear's is bone stock.... well currently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 8:58pm
Glad to hear that the manifold is in your hands Jbear. Wish I was going to be there for the big day. I still have all my other parts for my former Ford project. Let me know if you would like a list of what I still have. No definite buyers on the GT40P heads yet. These are going to make someone a very nice running engine! Talk to you guys later. Brian

Former boats:
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 9:39pm
Brian: I will be sure to let you know how it all turns out. With the crew I am lucky enough to have I think it is gonna run great and we are gonna have fun. As my buddie put it "bone stock" but it may be changing. I think this manifold experiance is gonna be the start of something. You know I love the sound of all that has been done to those heads but I think with those I would be getting a little ahead of myself. I'd have'ta have some big time help. and a little longer to work on the boat than just one day. Maybe I should send the '80 to visit ReidP and see how she comes back. Now that trip would cost me a few cold ones.

Anyhow, thanks again!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:26pm
jbear,...you send the '80 to me, and she WON'T come back. You might get back some blurred picts of a buried 50 mph speedo.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:44pm
Think I'll visit with her then.

Guess you are still up. Sent you an e-mail earlier, will call tomorrow if thats ok.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 11:39pm
10-4 jbear. The email is at the office I'm afraid, and I may not be in tomorrow as we're supposed to get some crappy weather, for us Southern Boys that is. Calling for 2-5" of snow and 1/2" of ice. Shuts us down completely here. Please forward email to the house if you would at "oneparticularharbor@alltel.net"   
Someone on this site just listed a nice set of heads up for sale at a good price. Let's get your hands on them. I forgot to call him back this afternoon to discuss further.     

ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 12:12am
Sounds bad for tomorrow around there.

Feel asleep watching the news. Real senior moment! Saw where JMurph answered already but I'll call ya tomorrow. To slow to type.

Looked for those heads...only ones I could find are from nutty...where I got the manifold. His sound like they've been redone real nice...I quess. He told me all that had been done to them....not sure I understood all that went into them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 3:06am
Reid, if your talking about my heads John is right. I told him about them when we talked on the phone about his manifold. Here's the link [URL=http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5598&PN=1] I mentioned them again under 82 Nautique's GT40P topic. That's the same heads. I made a mistake there on the exhaust valve size. They are 1.60". I took some pics yesterday to list them on e-bay. I'm selling them because I bought a 95 Malibu with a Merc Magnum 350 (Chevy). I can post some pics on this site if you guys would like. Have to do it from home though as I'm at work right now. I'm asking 600.00 plus shipping. I'll throw in a set of 1.6 roller tip rockers as well. I'm taking a loss on these as you can guess, however I'm anxious to buy stuff for my "new" Malibu.

Former boats:
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 3:10am
Another try at the link from above - [URL=http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5642&PN=1]

Former boats:
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 9:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic